College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t realize that this was an unpopular opinion, but I love a lot of what Boise State has going on right now. I understand the helmet being unpopular, but I like it, mostly because they started that style and I just like the way the logo looks like that for them. The uniforms as a whole are pretty nice, in my opinion. The simple diagonal stripes on the sleeves are a great element that set them apart from other schools, the only change I’d make would be to incorporate that stripe onto the pants. 

And if if you even try to take away the blue turf I will personally hunt you down 🤣 

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

Didn’t realize that this was an unpopular opinion, but I love a lot of what Boise State has going on right now. I understand the helmet being unpopular, but I like it, mostly because they started that style and I just like the way the logo looks like that for them. The uniforms as a whole are pretty nice, in my opinion. The simple diagonal stripes on the sleeves are a great element that set them apart from other schools, the only change I’d make would be to incorporate that stripe onto the pants. 

And if if you even try to take away the blue turf I will personally hunt you down 🤣 

We all have to take a stand for something inherently bad. For me, it's pretend fighting.

8 hours ago, jn8 said:

I agree with everything, except Nike has already made their uniforms a catalog option that Bowling Green and Toledo (I could be wrong on these) have made use of. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Let me add my voice to all the reasonable folks who hate Boise State's aesthetic take on... well, everything, basically.  The stupid asymmetrical helmet logos, the pointless and boring black alternates, the ugly past use of gradient numbers, the insistence on little league monochrome combinations, and most of all, that vomit-inducing blue turf. When they're in all-blue on the POS blue field I literally get nauseous trying to watch. (And yes, I know what "literally" means, that's why I chose that word.) How do you screw up a truly amazing color scheme? Ask Boise... they wrote the book.

Arizona State going white/white/maroon at Cal:

spacer.png

spacer.png

They always seem to go with the oversized pitchfork on one side, number on the other with the white helmets, and it looks terrible every time. Maroon face masks would improve this combo as well (or better yet just go with the classic gold/white/maroon combo instead).

On the other side, Cal will (unfortunately) be going all-navy:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Wazzu going crimson/white/crimson at Utah:

This definitely won’t be the most appealing matchup, with the Utes in white/red/white and the Cougs in red/white/red. This would’ve been a good week for WSU to go grey/white/grey. 

Exactly. The NFL this season seems to be getting it right (whether by design or by luck) with many all color vs all white match ups. The more different the teams' looks, the better IMO. 

The oversized logo on one side with a number on the other side trend really needs to stop. In what way does that look good?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/20/2019 at 8:50 AM, Chawls said:

I think people are making Tulane’s choice of uniforms out to be way more than what they are. The light blue is an alternate uniform. Not a primary. As an alternate, as something of a one-off, it’s fine. I’d even go so far to say that it’s beautiful. 

I wouldn't. 

sad-cat.jpg?auto=compress&crop=top&fit=m

Archived