15 hours ago, H11K said:

This will be one of the better combos we wear this season.

Great look for UofA! Wished they would still do the center stripes on the white helmet but I like that they added the red face mask. Should be a good looking game.

14 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I wasn't commenting on the existence (or lack thereof) of shiny pants fabric.. I was simply stating that I don't recall any major manufacturer specifically commenting on the impossibility of creating shiny high-performance pants

I think I meant to quote the post you quoted, but mistakenly quoted your response. Whoops. 🙂

The Ducks’ team photographer appears to have accidentally posted a shot of the inverse of tomorrow’s combo, which I could see being worn next week vs. Colorado or in three weeks against Wazzu:

Ohio State going with their Blackout uniforms this weekend:

Georgia Tech will be wearing special onyx gray uniforms that honor children fighting illnesses at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta:

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

What does grey have to do with childhood illnesses?

It doesn't; it's a nod to former GT coach John Heisman's use of a practice team:

Onyx gray was chosen in part because of the color’s historical tie to legendary Georgia Tech football head coach John Heisman. Heisman was the first college football coach to enlist a practice squad to help the varsity team prepare for upcoming opponents, a unit which became known as the “Gray Devils.”

Not the greatest look ever, to put it lightly. Has Ole Miss worn their navy helmet this season yet?

2 minutes ago, Jetlodge said:
Not the greatest look ever, to put it lightly. Has Ole Miss worn their navy helmet this season yet?

Week 1 on the road against Memphis. 

The Gators logo turned 25 today.  Not itself significant, but I've never seen some of these logos from the article on it.  Namely that Alberta logo, the Seahawks-esque one, or the UF one to the right of it.

Color_Logo_Sheet_1980s.jpg?width=450

I've also never seen the other concepts that were proposed.

3pGhZw.jpg

I've seen the bottom set before, except for the Gators wordmarks.

That standing gator looks very similar to the old Raptors logo

LSU going gold/purple/gold against Utah State...a good start to the day. 

Boston College would look better with gold pants instead of white pants. 

LSU going Gold/Purple/Gold against Utah State today, Successfully getting both G/P/G and W/P/W in during the same season.

Ole Miss going with powder blue on the field today to go along with the Chucky Mullins powder/navy/grey tribute combo:

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Tulane in light blue/white/light blue:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's a good look on the road. Didn't like the all blue. I like the retro-style big numbers on the back of the helmets. 

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's a good look on the road. Didn't like the all blue. I like the retro-style big numbers on the back of the helmets. 

Agreed, the all-blue was a little too much. The blue/white/blue is much better, especially since the white jerseys have more green than blue on them to help balance everything out. And yeah, the retro-style big numbers are a nice touch to go along with the throwback TU logo.

If you ever watch one of cookieboy's Madden Top 10 videos, you've seen something like Steelers-Raiders on the Lions' field or the like.  That's what Iowa State's black and white uniforms look like here.

Following the Weather Delay, I went past ESPN2 to see that TCU@Iowa State had started, I had to look at the scorebox to see who had the ball to tell which team was which.

Video with some more looks at today’s Oregon combo:

I think this is easily their best combo of the season thus far. I really have no complaints whatsoever. I can’t wait to see these in action in person later today.