College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Texas Longhorns To Celebrate 1969 National Championship With Throwback Uniforms

October 15, 2019 - 21:21 PM

Texas will celebrate the 50th anniversary of its 1969 national championship by wearing throwback uniforms during this Saturday’s game against Kansas (8 p.m. on the Longhorn Network). The biggest difference between the Longhorns’ current burnt orange home jersey and the […]

Read More...

LOVE how they updated the helmets to "150"

spacer.png

spacer.png

One more (hopefully final - for now) note on Auburn's logo change:

The University is now saying the change is "temporarily postponed" and that it hasn't been officially canned.

My goodness I don't think they could've handled this any worse

Story: https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2019/10/new-au-logo-is-not-scrapped-its-temporarily-postponed-according-to-university

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

ASU going gold/white/white at Utah:

spacer.png

They really need to move that mannequin somewhere else.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

Arkansas State is debuting new uniforms tonight. I guess they wanted to look as bad as the defense plays. 

I do believe those uniforms are blatantly illegal:

"Numerals.

The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively. The number must be of a colour that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the colour of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number."

AmPJ0Ty.png 

52 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

I do believe those uniforms are blatantly illegal:

"Numerals.

The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively. The number must be of a colour that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the colour of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number."

That’s what I thought too. Maybe they’ll be forced to change before the game. Not that it matters because the other jersey options suck too. 

EDIT: Seeing them close up, the jerseys are more of a heather gray like those worn by my other favorite ASU team. Numbers are black. So I guess technically it would be legal, but it still sucks. 

The Ducks are going chrome/white/white with the alternate white/dark green jerseys with iridescent numbers at UW:

This is a nice combo, but I was hoping for apple green/white/white or at least for them just to go with the white/apple green jerseys. Still, I do like this look and the iridescent numbers add some flair to what is otherwise a pretty similar look to last season’s road outfits. Also, with the Ducks wearing their chrome helmets, white pants, and white cleats for the first time this season, they’ll have finally worn every single piece of their new set (that we know of, anyways). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Stanford looks awful with the white outline around their numbers now. That’s probably one of my votes for biggest downgrade of the year. 

I had to look up why this would be the case. I was trying to conceive a way that either their home or away uniforms would look bad with white outlines on the numbers. Then I saw the uniform they wore last night and it made more sense.

spacer.png

The color balance is weird. The white is on the numbers (which could be thicker), but nowhere else on the uniform. I realize this is likely an echo of the black on their cardinal jerseys, but the white here sticks out more because it's this little bit of a light color between two dark colors and contrasts sharply with the lack of white between the cardinal and black elements of the helmet. On Stanford's usual home uniform, the dark number outline sits against a dark background (black on cardinal). So it's not as glaring.

spacer.png

Plus, I don't even think Stanford's black jerseys are bad, in a vacuum. (I know that isn't the most solid argument; "in a vacuum". But still.) As a generic uniform, it's OK, if the helmet and pants balance the colors out. South Carolina, with a similar color scheme does solid job balancing black, a darker-than-red red (garnet) and white. Stanford just needs to balance out the colors a bit more.

Archived