College Football 2019

29texan

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought the Ducks looked absolutely incredible in their chrome/all-white set yesterday. The chrome helmets and iridescent numbers really popped and made it a great looking combo overall, especially under the overcast, rainy skies in Seattle. I’d even go as far to say that this was, IMO, the best all-white combo they’ve worn (technically not all-white because of the chrome helmets, but it may as well be) since this combo from 2014:

spacer.png
If they go chrome/white/white with the apple green-accented white jerseys, that’ll look just as good, if not even a little better than what they wore yesterday. Here’s what that combo looks like, from a recent recruiting visit:

spacer.png

If I had to guess, I’d say they’ll wear this combo at SC in a couple weeks.

Looking ahead to next week, though, I’m hoping (and partially expecting) that the Ducks will go dark green/yellow/dark green vs. Washington State:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@upperV03 do you ever hate anything Oregon does? No offense but you sound like a Homer

From a TV viewing perspective, you couldn't tell who the all white team was.  No identifiable jersey markings. They were an all white practice squad for where it mattered. You’re  showing us high resolution still photos. Tv viewing, Oregon is a joke this year. 

30 minutes ago, MattMill said:

@upperV03 do you ever hate anything Oregon does? No offense but you sound like a Homer

From a TV viewing perspective, you couldn't tell who the all white team was.  No identifiable jersey markings. They were an all white practice squad for where it mattered. You’re  showing us high resolution still photos. Tv viewing, Oregon is a joke this year. 

I am a die-hard Oregon fan, but that doesn’t mean I’m never critical of anything they do. I’ve been critical of them on here several times over the years, though I’ll admit I’ve been very positive of what they’ve done this year. I personally think their set this year is fantastic, and from what I’ve seen most other Oregon fans agree. Surely their best, and most cohesive set since the Mariota days. Some of you on here disagree, which is fine, though I do think some members here slander anything the Ducks do whether justified or not. Just my opinion, though. On TV, I didn’t find it hard at all to identify the Ducks. There are plenty of identifiable aspects on the combo that the Ducks wore yesterday, and in a broader sense on all of the Ducks’ uniforms this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

I mean...is it really THAT hard from a TV viewing perspective?

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

I mean...is it really THAT hard from a TV viewing perspective?

spacer.png

With out the scoreboard I would have no idea that's oregon but a lot of teams are like that now so it's not really just an oregon problem. They kinda invented not using school colors so I don't blame them. 

25 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Yes, it is, you could tell me that’s Washington vs any other school and I’d believe you

But you could tell anyone who can read and knows what the Oregon logo looks like that it's Washington and any other school, and they would call BS, and tell you that the scoreboard clearly says Oregon and features their logo..

I get your point, but as a TV viewer, we have more information than distant images of the uniforms at our disposal.. it's not difficult at all to tell who is playing..

The bigger issue is that with all the monochrome white, it's tough to differentiate players and actions where players are grouped together.. makes watching and enjoying more difficult imo

I find it hilarious that Arkansas State wore essentially an Oregon uniform and is getting crapped all over for it. Meanwhile Oregon could literally come out on the field dressed in monochrome lavender with puke green helmets and and be praised by people for their ingenuity, which would then also be debated by both sides in a 300 post thread. Nike and Oregon have us all on a leash and we should stop taking the bait. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

@MattMill, do you happen to like anything? Almost every post of yours is just whining. 

True. I’ll try to balance it out more.

I loved the Michigan/Penn State matchup. Did they get a darker helmet or finish lately? Maybe I missed the memo for Michigan. 

Much like what the poster above me stated, we’re basically praising an all white blank template set. Oregon can do no wrong for thousands of fans. But we crap on the others. Ill bring some balance to my posts if others do as well.  

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png
If they go chrome/white/white with the apple green-accented white jerseys, that’ll look just as good, if not even a little better than what they wore yesterday. Here’s what that combo looks like, from a recent recruiting visit:

spacer.png

I'll take those 2014 uni style all day (best wings design on the jerseys and helmets). The second (current ) uni at least has some school color. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

12 hours ago, MattMill said:

True. I’ll try to balance it out more.

I loved the Michigan/Penn State matchup. Did they get a darker helmet or finish lately? Maybe I missed the memo for Michigan. 

Much like what the poster above me stated, we’re basically praising an all white blank template set. Oregon can do no wrong for thousands of fans. But we crap on the others. Ill bring some balance to my posts if others do as well.  

To that point, I think that @upperV03 got one thing very correct, this is the most cohesive set the Ducks have had since the Mariota days. However that being said, this cohesive set also has very little visual appeal to it. Outside of colors, nothing about this uniform set says "Oregon" to me. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

19 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

To that point, I think that @upperV03 got one thing very correct, this is the most cohesive set the Ducks have had since the Mariota days. However that being said, this cohesive set also has very little visual appeal to it. Outside of colors, nothing about this uniform set says "Oregon" to me. 

I wouldn’t say nothing about it says “Oregon”, but it definitely isn’t nearly as flashy as what they’ve worn over the last decade or so. I think it does have visual appeal in that the different pieces are simple and straightforward and can be mixed and matched successfully. The helmets and jerseys are essentially simplified versions of what they wore during the Mariota years. Some flashy aspects (wings on the helmets, shiny inlines in the numbers, iridescent numbers on the white/dark green jerseys, etc.), but overall a more simplistic, streamlined look. As an Oregon fan, the more simplistic look is actually more reflective of the culture that Coach Cristobal has brought to the program, but it still retains some of the flashiness that really made Oregon‘s uniforms (and to a certain extent program) famous.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

I find it hilarious that Arkansas State wore essentially an Oregon uniform and is getting crapped all over for it. Meanwhile Oregon could literally come out on the field dressed in monochrome lavender with puke green helmets and and be praised by people for their ingenuity, which would then also be debated by both sides in a 300 post thread. Nike and Oregon have us all on a leash and we should stop taking the bait. 

I think there are limits to what even Oregon can get away with. But the fact that Arkansas State used numbers that look like Oregon's and looked nothing like Arkansas State "should look" is why they get the hate. That uniform was hideous and deserves rebuke, but we've said the same of other teams in the past, like Ohio State, for wearing uniforms that we feel shouldn't be worn by those teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think I've finally figured out what's really bugging me about Oregon's current sets.  

That bright green they've been wearing the past half decade or so is so amazing, quite possibly my favorite color currently in sports. Any uniform they wear that doesn't liberally feature this color is a huge fail from them. The gray, the black, the dark green that pretends to be black, all suck. 

Wear that bright green.

Wear it with yellow.

Dummies.

17 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Oregon's set is well thought out design. And it works cohesively as has a lot of their stuff over the past few decades (between last yr and mariota they were all over the place and very disappointing). They are and have been trendsetters in the college football landscape, and they had well planned out execution of these trends. Matte, Chrome, Hyrdodipped patterns - Oregon was at the forefront of all that. 

Arkansas State, like someone stated above, is a team trying to replicate some of that Oregon magic but just looking silly in the process. 

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think I've finally figured out what's really bugging me about Oregon's current sets.  

That bright green they've been wearing the past half decade or so is so amazing, quite possibly my favorite color currently in sports. Any uniform they wear that doesn't liberally feature this color is a huge fail from them. The gray, the black, the dark green that pretends to be black, all suck. 

Wear that bright green.

Wear it with yellow.

Dummies.

For me personally, i like Oregon in the bright green, yellow, white/green and black. all the other combos can go away though i do like the dark green when it actually looks dark green vs the muddy blgreenack color 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Yikes, dude consistently comes here providing detailed updates for most of the west-coast teams but heaven forbid he add in some fan commentary on the uniforms. This thread has been exhausting lately, and yes, I am a Ducks fan. Sue me.  

Isn't the whole point of this thread to have a discussion on CFB uniforms? If you like one, say so, and if you don't like one, say so; but straight up trying to call someone out for being a fan of his teams uniforms is another level of ridiculous. Every week we get the same tired 'Oregon ruined CFB' argument going in the comments. Can we just go back to discussing individual uniforms civilly? 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Archived