College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I wouldn’t say nothing about it says “Oregon”, but it definitely isn’t nearly as flashy as what they’ve worn over the last decade or so. I think it does have visual appeal in that the different pieces are simple and straightforward and can be mixed and matched successfully. The helmets and jerseys are essentially simplified versions of what they wore during the Mariota years. Some flashy aspects (wings on the helmets, shiny inlines in the numbers, iridescent numbers on the white/dark green jerseys, etc.), but overall a more simplistic, streamlined look. As an Oregon fan, the more simplistic look is actually more reflective of the culture that Coach Cristobal has brought to the program, but it still retains some of the flashiness that really made Oregon‘s uniforms (and to a certain extent program) famous.

Tbh the only reason I can say this team might be Oregon (outside of scorebugs and all that, just the uniforms) is because no other team is dumb enough to stray away from such beautiful colors and use white decals on a chrome helmet and pair it with dark hunters green that practically looks black numbers on an all white set. 
Did that set surprise me? Yes, it didn’t look completely as bad as I would’ve thought. Is it a good looking uniform? No, it’s not, and maybe if it was a teams who’s colors where black-green, white, and chrome, I wouldn’t be so hard on em. But Oregon has such good potential but they keep wearing bland crap like this.

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed Oregon 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Tbh the only reason I can say this team might be Oregon (outside of scorebugs and all that, just the uniforms) is because no other team is dumb enough to stray away from such beautiful colors and use white decals on a chrome helmet and pair it with dark hunters green that practically looks black numbers on an all white set. 
Did that set surprise me? Yes, it didn’t look completely as bad as I would’ve thought. Is it a good looking uniform? No, it’s not, and maybe if it was a teams who’s colors where black-green, white, and chrome, I wouldn’t be so hard on em. But Oregon has such good potential but they keep wearing bland crap like this.

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed Oregon 

Yup, with that color set, Oregon is the moron who married a gorgeous wife but decides instead to cheat on her with a trashy chick from a bar. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

23 minutes ago, nuordr said:

There is nothing great about Oregon's uniforms! They ruin every game match up. 

I'd disagree. The dark green numbers didn't look all that good, but the other uniform combos have looked good. Are they better than the Mariota era uniforms? No, not at all. But they aren't disasters. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

There is nothing great about Oregon's uniforms! They ruin every game match up. 

I disagree. As a visual communicator, I appreciate when the teams on the field are as easily separate visually as possible. The all white vs the purple/gold creates a very dramatic separation, and makes for a much more aesthetically pleasing game to watch. 

TCU with new "blood-themed" alternates; For those that forgot, horned frogs spit blood and they have previously gone with red-accented helmets, uniforms in the past but this is a bit overboard to me. i would have been fine with white numbers outlined in red

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

If you know it Oregon you are watching then maybe, but for the most people, they wouldn't know the team because there are not unique markers on their uniforms that say we are the Ducks....the horrideous wings on the helmet, the plain jersey, the plain pants and not visual identity other than the "O" on the back helmet screens PeeWee football to me. 

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I disagree.  Get a better team name and I'll be a fan.  At least they're trying to be unique unlike most colleges.

Unique? They are doing what every other team has done since 2010. They’ve ran out of ideas and are now just stuck looking like everyone else since they’ve caught up.

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

TCU with new "blood-themed" alternates; For those that forgot, horned frogs spit blood and they have previously gone with red-accented helmets, uniforms in the past but this is a bit overboard to me. i would have been fine with white numbers outlined in red

If there’s anything I like about it, it would be the helmet. Otherwise the rest is unnecessary. +1 for retaining the same design elements in the alt so it feels more cohesive with the new set instead of it being random.

I honestly really like that TCU set, it looks good, they used red pretty proportionally, and it’s a good shade that compliments the purple and black. They also made it know. It’s the tertiary color, black and purple still dominate the uniform so you know it’s just accents that are red

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

29 minutes ago, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png

You can't really tell from the video, but the new TCU uniforms are a dark grey. Would have looked better if it was primarily black, and the red numbers don't really work. 

I liked the set much more when I thought it was black. The red numbers are awful, the purple numbers with red outline on the sleeves are fine and should have been used throughout. Not a fan of the random red piping on jersey sleeves and neckline, but the red logo accents and facemask are all creative and nice touches. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

32 minutes ago, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png

You can't really tell from the video, but the new TCU uniforms are a dark grey. Would have looked better if it was primarily black, and the red numbers don't really work. 

My first thought on seeing this set was "SMU" but i couldn't quite put my finer on why

A quick image search reminded me: the awful red number/colored outline/dark gray base combo.

1492619337-NS_22SMUhouston6.jpg

2 hours ago, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png

They couldn’t have got a mannequin that wasn’t the EXACT same color as the uniforms? I had to do a double take because I could’ve sworn they forgot to put pants on it at a glance. 

As for the design, red numbers ruin it for me. Swap purple and red on the numbers and bring back this gorgeous helmet, then come talk to me

7 hours ago, djam2410 said:

They're um... they're not going over well. 

We've done the Bloodline uniforms before in the past, but they were WAY more subtle than this... 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived