Recommended Posts

On 10/18/2019 at 1:57 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😍 square numbers with metallic silver outline???  Wow wow wow

Looks like the denim Kentucky basketball wore back in the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I wouldn’t say nothing about it says “Oregon”, but it definitely isn’t nearly as flashy as what they’ve worn over the last decade or so. I think it does have visual appeal in that the different pieces are simple and straightforward and can be mixed and matched successfully. The helmets and jerseys are essentially simplified versions of what they wore during the Mariota years. Some flashy aspects (wings on the helmets, shiny inlines in the numbers, iridescent numbers on the white/dark green jerseys, etc.), but overall a more simplistic, streamlined look. As an Oregon fan, the more simplistic look is actually more reflective of the culture that Coach Cristobal has brought to the program, but it still retains some of the flashiness that really made Oregon‘s uniforms (and to a certain extent program) famous.

Tbh the only reason I can say this team might be Oregon (outside of scorebugs and all that, just the uniforms) is because no other team is dumb enough to stray away from such beautiful colors and use white decals on a chrome helmet and pair it with dark hunters green that practically looks black numbers on an all white set. 
Did that set surprise me? Yes, it didn’t look completely as bad as I would’ve thought. Is it a good looking uniform? No, it’s not, and maybe if it was a teams who’s colors where black-green, white, and chrome, I wouldn’t be so hard on em. But Oregon has such good potential but they keep wearing bland crap like this.

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed Oregon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Tbh the only reason I can say this team might be Oregon (outside of scorebugs and all that, just the uniforms) is because no other team is dumb enough to stray away from such beautiful colors and use white decals on a chrome helmet and pair it with dark hunters green that practically looks black numbers on an all white set. 
Did that set surprise me? Yes, it didn’t look completely as bad as I would’ve thought. Is it a good looking uniform? No, it’s not, and maybe if it was a teams who’s colors where black-green, white, and chrome, I wouldn’t be so hard on em. But Oregon has such good potential but they keep wearing bland crap like this.

I’m not mad, I’m disappointed Oregon 

 

Yup, with that color set, Oregon is the moron who married a gorgeous wife but decides instead to cheat on her with a trashy chick from a bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Painful game for me, but visually great uniforms, both teams. 

There is nothing great about Oregon's uniforms! They ruin every game match up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nuordr said:

There is nothing great about Oregon's uniforms! They ruin every game match up. 

I'd disagree. The dark green numbers didn't look all that good, but the other uniform combos have looked good. Are they better than the Mariota era uniforms? No, not at all. But they aren't disasters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nuordr said:

There is nothing great about Oregon's uniforms! They ruin every game match up. 

I disagree. As a visual communicator, I appreciate when the teams on the field are as easily separate visually as possible. The all white vs the purple/gold creates a very dramatic separation, and makes for a much more aesthetically pleasing game to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TCU with new "blood-themed" alternates; For those that forgot, horned frogs spit blood and they have previously gone with red-accented helmets, uniforms in the past but this is a bit overboard to me. i would have been fine with white numbers outlined in red

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you know it Oregon you are watching then maybe, but for the most people, they wouldn't know the team because there are not unique markers on their uniforms that say we are the Ducks....the horrideous wings on the helmet, the plain jersey, the plain pants and not visual identity other than the "O" on the back helmet screens PeeWee football to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nuordr said:

There is nothing great about Oregon's uniforms! They ruin every game match up. 

I disagree.  Get a better team name and I'll be a fan.  At least they're trying to be unique unlike most colleges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I disagree.  Get a better team name and I'll be a fan.  At least they're trying to be unique unlike most colleges.

Unique? They are doing what every other team has done since 2010. They’ve ran out of ideas and are now just stuck looking like everyone else since they’ve caught up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

TCU with new "blood-themed" alternates; For those that forgot, horned frogs spit blood and they have previously gone with red-accented helmets, uniforms in the past but this is a bit overboard to me. i would have been fine with white numbers outlined in red

 

 

 

If there’s anything I like about it, it would be the helmet. Otherwise the rest is unnecessary. +1 for retaining the same design elements in the alt so it feels more cohesive with the new set instead of it being random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly really like that TCU set, it looks good, they used red pretty proportionally, and it’s a good shade that compliments the purple and black. They also made it know. It’s the tertiary color, black and purple still dominate the uniform so you know it’s just accents that are red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

You can't really tell from the video, but the new TCU uniforms are a dark grey. Would have looked better if it was primarily black, and the red numbers don't really work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png

You can't really tell from the video, but the new TCU uniforms are a dark grey. Would have looked better if it was primarily black, and the red numbers don't really work. 

I liked the set much more when I thought it was black. The red numbers are awful, the purple numbers with red outline on the sleeves are fine and should have been used throughout. Not a fan of the random red piping on jersey sleeves and neckline, but the red logo accents and facemask are all creative and nice touches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png

You can't really tell from the video, but the new TCU uniforms are a dark grey. Would have looked better if it was primarily black, and the red numbers don't really work. 

My first thought on seeing this set was "SMU" but i couldn't quite put my finer on why

 

A quick image search reminded me: the awful red number/colored outline/dark gray base combo.

1492619337-NS_22SMUhouston6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png

You can't really tell from the video, but the new TCU uniforms are a dark grey. Would have looked better if it was primarily black, and the red numbers don't really work. 

They couldn’t have got a mannequin that wasn’t the EXACT same color as the uniforms? I had to do a double take because I could’ve sworn they forgot to put pants on it at a glance. 

 

As for the design, red numbers ruin it for me. Swap purple and red on the numbers and bring back this gorgeous helmet, then come talk to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, djam2410 said:

TCU with new "blood-themed" alternates; For those that forgot, horned frogs spit blood and they have previously gone with red-accented helmets, uniforms in the past but this is a bit overboard to me. i would have been fine with white numbers outlined in red

 

 

 


They're um... they're not going over well. 

We've done the Bloodline uniforms before in the past, but they were WAY more subtle than this... 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.