College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCF Knights Unveil New Space Game Alternate Uniforms

October 23, 2019 - 22:48 PM

Originally known as Florida Technological University, UCF was founded in 1963 with the mission of supporting the space program through a partnership with Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. And because of that, the Knights announced on […]

Read More...

At this point I just wanna know who's paying for all these "uniform reveal" production videos (?)...

...Oh and UCF should just rebrand as the Citronauts and be done with it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, Buc said:

At this point I just wanna know who's paying for all these "uniform reveal" production videos 

Most programs will use their in-house creative team for stuff like that, at really no extra cost to what they’re already paying those staff members and what they’ve budgeted for their spending.

1 hour ago, Buc said:

At this point I just wanna know who's paying for all these "uniform reveal" production videos (?)...

...Oh and UCF should just rebrand as the Citronauts and be done with it.

The Space Cadets?

Also Florida Tech sounds so much better than Central Florida. They’d probably attract a different type of student by rebranding. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

17 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

The Space Cadets?

Also Florida Tech sounds so much better than Central Florida. They’d probably attract a different type of student by rebranding. 

The Florida Institute of Technology (in Division 2) is known as Florida Tech. It was also founded a couple years before UCF.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The Florida Institute of Technology (in Division 2) is known as Florida Tech. It was also founded a couple years before UCF.

spacer.png

spacer.png

But it was called Brevard Engineering College until it changed to Florida Institute of Technology August 1966. Interestingly, UCF's former name--Florida Technological University--was adopted by the state legislature in February 1966. I found an interesting article about the controversy: https://adastra.fit.edu/blog/campus/secret-history/rising-star-1966-florida-institute-of-technology/

From 1966 until UCF changed to its present name in 1978, if someone said Florida Tech, I wonder which school most locals thought they were referring to. Or maybe they simply asked "Which one?" to clarify.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

22 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

I don't think that's the main issue.

It may be the primary contributing factor to the black numbers on the nearly-black jersey.. the jerseys look like a medium-light grey in all of Adidas's marketing material and online uniform designer.. it's entirely possible that they were surprised and disappointed when the uniforms actually arrived, but wore them anyway since they paid for them and technically got what they ordered..

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Arizona State going with their special edition whiteout set at UCLA:

spacer.png

MOVE...THE FREAQIN'.. MANNEQUIN.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 10/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, andrewharrington said:

On the other hand, if you roll it out with no press release, someone somewhere is going to notice (because you have no notify vendors and licensees who put your logo on product), they’re going to put it up on Twitter, and then the narrative becomes, “They tried to sneak a new logo through like we wouldn’t notice! Get out the pitchforks!”

This topic is a little old now, but I think this is actually what Notre Dame did a few years back — when they slimmed the monogram a bit and sharpened the corners — without any real reaction. I was covering ND sports at the time, and I don’t remember a reveal of any sort; I only really picked up on it after I saw it a few times on athletic staffers’ laptops or apparel.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived