29texan

College Football 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Do the Colorado helmets have black on black decals?  I can't see the logo.

Just the regularly colored logo:

spacer.png

If anything, it looks like the decals have metallic gold on them, which I believe would be new for them. Previously the decals on the black helmets have just had a flat gold on them:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buc said:

 

MOVE...THE FREAQIN'.. MANNEQUIN.

Why did they change the numbers!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona going red/white/red at Stanford:

Of all the teams to wear this combo against, I really don’t understand why they’d wear it against the white/red/white of Stanford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon going with the full dark green set vs. Wazzu:

I was halfway expecting to see dark green/yellow/dark green this week, but I’m not surprised to see them go with the full dark green set instead since Saturday’s game is a late 7:30pm kickoff and they’ve often worn their black sets (this dark green set essentially replaced a black set for this season) for late kickoffs like this one. Should look good under the lights at Autzen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why did they change the numbers!?!?!

 

Arkansas State and ULM also use those numbers. I wonder if Adidas is trying to push that font for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon going with the full dark green set vs. Wazzu:

I was halfway expecting to see dark green/yellow/dark green this week, but I’m not surprised to see them go with the full dark green set instead since Saturday’s game is a late 7:30pm kickoff and they’ve often worn their black sets (this dark green set essentially replaced a black set for this season) for late kickoffs like this one. Should look good under the lights at Autzen.

 

Makes sense for them to use their 'Nightmare' green for (almost) Halloween. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

 

Makes sense for them to use their 'Nightmare' green for (almost) Halloween. 

Yep, that too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SMU wore their Dallas uniforms against Houston in their black uniform featuring a white helmet with black logo. I really wish Houston would have worn their standard home uni or at a minimum wore a red helmet to clash against SMU's white.

 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F47%2Fa7%2F1d09fba84ba9831362ee6bf638ee%2F3e4b77a3299c411c9a2c32bf2871ca9b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

 

Arkansas State and ULM also use those numbers. I wonder if Adidas is trying to push that font for some reason.

Those are actually different numbers than Arkansas State and ULM.. they use a font called "half block".. not sure what this Arizona State font is..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

SMU wore their Dallas uniforms against Houston in their black uniform featuring a white helmet with black logo. I really wish Houston would have worn their standard home uni or at a minimum wore a red helmet to clash against SMU's white.

 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F47%2Fa7%2F1d09fba84ba9831362ee6bf638ee%2F3e4b77a3299c411c9a2c32bf2871ca9b

SMU’s Dallas unis are my favorite ‘new’ unis of 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

 

Arkansas State and ULM also use those numbers. I wonder if Adidas is trying to push that font for some reason.

I hope so.  I love them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cal going navy/white/white at Utah:

Still waiting for them to finally go navy/white/gold with this set. No idea why they refuse to go with their best road combo in favor of the mediocre navy/white/white and navy/white/navy combos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Arizona going red/white/red at Stanford:

Of all the teams to wear this combo against, I really don’t understand why they’d wear it against the white/red/white of Stanford. 

Combos are decided on by the players, and I doubt they take that into consideration 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H11K said:

Combos are decided on by the players, and I doubt they take that into consideration 🤣

I’m sure they don’t, but it’d be nice if they did, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really not a fan of TCU’s new alternates, but these kind of behind the scenes EQ videos are always fun to watch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some buzz about North Carolina possibly wearing an alternate this weekend v. Duke...

 

Could be some type of use of the navy set we've seen the last couple of years. Some of the fan base is hoping for a throwback to these beauts

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looks at Utah's alternate helmet details. Student section name/logo on the nose bumper is something I haven't seen before.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Green27 said:

Nice looks at Utah's alternate helmet details. Student section name/logo on the nose bumper is something I haven't seen before.

They actually pretty much always go with that on the nose bumper, both at home and on the road:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They’ve done it for several years now, too, though I think it only became a full time thing a couple years ago. Once in a while they’ll still go with something different on the nose bumper (i.e. the block ‘U’), but it’s almost always The Muss logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They actually pretty much always go with that on the nose bumper, both at home and on the road:

They’ve done it for several years now, too, though I think it only became a full time thing a couple years ago. Once in a while they’ll still go with something different on the nose bumper (i.e. the block ‘U’), but it’s almost always The Muss logo.

Ah, thanks for the correction, I hadn't noticed that before! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.