College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

Yeah, because having manufacturers FINALLY buying in on recycled fabric is definitely a bad thing. 

True but if they use it once, is it really sustainable? 50% less materials is still 50% USED. Wear the same design and uniforms for a few seasons, and we're onto something. Wear ten different sets and you're just a joke with your sustainable talk. 

And not to confuse things with Oregon. Those socks are definitely blacker than their forest green, which I do now see as a dark green.  I do like the dark green vs yellow number contrast. They truly are just one move away from greatness. Stick the O on the side, and get rid of the wings. I do wish Oregon went with some color contrast. Too many teams caught up in the Mono wave. 

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

PJ fleck has the absolute worst visual judgement in history.

And the schools that hire him and let him impose his own personal branding on the uniforms have :censored: judgment too. Yeah, screw our years of tradition.

4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Pretty clear that Oregon's nightmare green is definitely not black:

That looks barely green in the first picture and black in the second.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

And the schools that hire him and let him impose his own personal branding on the uniforms have :censored: judgment too. Yeah, screw our years of tradition.

That looks barely green in the first picture and black in the second.

Seeing Minnesota use their uniforms from 2017 at the start of the year I thought maybe they told him off. Then he's worn the new uniforms the last 4(?) weeks. These are just ugly as heck.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

58 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

PJ Fleck: I’d love to have him coach my program. Keep him the hell away from the uniforms. 

It’s as simple as just sitting him down before the season and making it very clear to him that he is not bigger than the program. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

The Ducks’ mono-dark green combo looked really sharp in action last night IMO. These photos do a pretty good job at showing the shade of green, but if you watched any of the game on TV then the shade of green was even more apparent. The yellow accents really popped off of the dark green under the lights, and while it’s still nowhere near as good as the apple green, I really think this dark green is pretty much the perfect tertiary color for them. A great substitute for black, and also close to the old forest green they had before making the switch to apple green. I’d say last night’s combo was easily one of the best mono-dark (meaning mono-dark green, black, or dark grey) combos they’ve worn in some time. One thing I did find a little weird was that the team opted to go with white gloves last night rather than dark green or yellow gloves. It didn’t look bad, and I didn’t think it detracted much from the overall look, but dark green or yellow would’ve been a better choice. Still, I was really happy with how the uniform looked, and I’d probably even say it was the best of the mono combos they’ve worn this year (certainly not the best overall combo they’ve worn this year, but the best of the monochrome combos IMO).

Looking ahead to next week’s matchup at USC, I’m fairly certain the Ducks will be going either chrome/white/white again (this time with the apple green-accented white jerseys) or apple green/white/white (preferably the latter, but the former seems more likely to me):

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

The Ducks’ mono-dark green combo looked really sharp in action last night IMO. These photos do a pretty good job at showing the shade of green, but if you watched any of the game on TV then the shade of green was even more apparent. The yellow accents really popped off of the dark green under the lights

I have to admit, I’ve been one of the people saying the nightmare green looks black and that they might as well not even use it, but under the lights last night it was pretty clearly green and looked really good. Not as good as the apple green, but still good nonetheless 

Again, if it needs specific lighting conditions to actually look green instead of black, that's not a good thing.

17 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Again, if it needs specific lighting conditions to actually look green instead of black, that's not a good thing.

Even if it was black, I still think it’d be a great look for Oregon. Black and yellow combos have been a staple look for the Ducks for over a decade, and this would be one of the better examples of that. The fact that it’s actually dark green and yellow just makes it that much better IMO. And some of us have seen it as green this whole time, regardless of lighting conditions. I will admit the helmets are a little tougher to decipher as green depending on the lighting, but the jerseys, pants, cleats, etc. have pretty clearly looked green in just about every lighting condition that I’ve seen them in. Some of you on here disagree, whether it’s because your eyes actually don’t see it as green or because you like to slander the Ducks for anything and everything they do or wear, but that’s fine. 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

It did look olive green, but looked so ugly

Agree to disagree there, as I thought it looked fantastic. As I said earlier, I think this dark green is the perfect tertiary color for them in place of black, and I really would consider last night’s combo to be one of the better mono-dark combos they’ve worn in some time.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

But the lights and conditions that make it look green are stadium lights and a football field which, shockingly, is where these will be seen.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Like to slander the Ducks for anything and everything they do or wear, but that’s fine. 

What a ridiculous thing to say. It’s not that anyone is slandering Oregon. Go back and look over the last 10 pages. We have 3-4 Ducks fans who make up a significant amount of posts (which I appreciate), UO wears a different combo every week, and does so in a manner that isn’t going to please a ton of traditionalists. Add that all up and there is a TON of discussion on UO and some are fairly speaking their minds and opinions. A ton of discussion means a ton of criticism, this is what your program has asked for. They do this to be relevant, interesting, controversial.

Look at the TCU blood uniforms for example. I happen to love them, others had negative things to say but NOBODY got defensive and wrote a book about people slandering TCU or posted 18 pictures to prove their point (on that note, if you need to post that many pictures to prove that your uniforms are a school color, they aren’t achieving what they should be).

i appreciate you and other Duck’s contributions but don’t take it so personally. Y’all can be homers and love every outfit UO trots out but when others don’t it’s ok, don’t freak out.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

35 minutes ago, JTernup said:

What a ridiculous thing to say. It’s not that anyone is slandering Oregon. Go back and look over the last 10 pages. We have 3-4 Ducks fans who make up a significant amount of posts (which I appreciate), UO wears a different combo every week, and does so in a manner that isn’t going to please a ton of traditionalists. Add that all up and there is a TON of discussion on UO and some are fairly speaking their minds and opinions. A ton of discussion means a ton of criticism, this is what your program has asked for. They do this to be relevant, interesting, controversial.

Look at the TCU blood uniforms for example. I happen to love them, others had negative things to say but NOBODY got defensive and wrote a book about people slandering TCU or posted 18 pictures to prove their point (on that note, if you need to post that many pictures to prove that your uniforms are a school color, they aren’t achieving what they should be).

i appreciate you and other Duck’s contributions but don’t take it so personally. Y’all can be homers and love every outfit UO trots out but when others don’t it’s ok, don’t freak out.

I absolutely agree that what Oregon does, has done, and will continue to do is controversial, and that what they do inevitably brings about varying opinions and a healthy dose of discussion. But I also feel comfortable in saying that there are a few members here who react negatively towards anything Oregon does, whether justified or not. Oregon could come out in a “perfect” uniform, and those few people on here would still slander the Ducks. And I’m not just talking about this year, it’s something I’ve noticed pretty much every year since I’ve been on these boards. I don’t take it personally, but as a fan I do come to their defense because it does some times seem like people argue just to argue or slander the Ducks just to slander them. That’s just my opinion (and I think the opinion of a couple other Ducks’ fans on here), though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I absolutely agree that what Oregon does, has done, and will continue to do is controversial, and that what they do inevitably brings about varying opinions and a healthy dose of discussion. But I also feel comfortable in saying that there are a few members here who react negatively towards anything Oregon does, whether justified or not. Oregon could come out in a “perfect” uniform, and those few people on here would still slander the Ducks. And I’m not just talking about this year, it’s something I’ve noticed pretty much every year since I’ve been on these boards. I don’t take it personally, but as a fan I do come to their defense because it does some times seem like people argue just to argue or slander the Ducks just to slander them. That’s just my opinion (and I think the opinion of a couple other Ducks’ fans on here), though.

No matter what Oregon or any other program wears, somewhere, someone will have backlash, it’s not targeting Oregon, i promise you, sometimes teams just have uniforms people don’t like and they have the right to express that opinion

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

44 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

No matter what Oregon or any other program wears, somewhere, someone will have backlash, it’s not targeting Oregon, i promise you, sometimes teams just have uniforms people don’t like and they have the right to express that opinion

Again, I don’t disagree with the larger point, and I’m not saying it’s not okay to dislike some of what Oregon does/wears. But to me it definitely has seemed like there are a few people on these boards who will slander Oregon in particular for anything and everything they do whether justified or not. That’s what I’ve seen over the last several years on these boards anyways.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived