Jump to content

College Football 2019


29texan

Recommended Posts

Could we find another word than slander btw?  Like "rip" or "slam" or "denounce" or "criticize"?

 

FWIW I'm not even sure what a "perfect" uniform would look like for Oregon anymore.  Nike's kind of completely torched the brand as a brand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we PLEASE make a separate thread for Oregon football unis I’m kinda over all the debates, it’s it back it’s it green? Idc I just want to see what there wearing period. This thread is  getting Oregon-jacked it seemed. Or Duck-jacked? Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

I really don’t like the large numbers on Oregon’s uniforms. Just look at them next to Washington’s more typical sized numbers. Oregon’s number look obnoxious by comparison. 

Oh buddy if you don't like those large numbers please don't look at how large our uniform numbers were last year! We technically downsized this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2019 at 1:44 AM, MattMill said:

True but if they use it once, is it really sustainable? 50% less materials is still 50% USED. Wear the same design and uniforms for a few seasons, and we're onto something. Wear ten different sets and you're just a joke with your sustainable talk. 

 

 

Using 50% less is still a win. You’re never going to eliminate the manufacturing completely and you’re never going to eliminate the environmental impact completely. But what you can do is push the materials that have the least impact and hopefully they became the norm rather than the exception. 
 

This “Sustainable Uniform” is definitely not a perfect product, but it’s a start. And it’s a little push in the right direction for an industry that is in desperate need of one.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rams80 said:

Could we find another word than slander btw?  Like "rip" or "slam" or "denounce" or "criticize"?

 

FWIW I'm not even sure what a "perfect" uniform would look like for Oregon anymore.  Nike's kind of completely torched the brand as a brand.

 

Seriously.  Read every comment made about Oregon... the word "slander" has nothing to do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

in other news...

 

new helmets for Ga Southern. the wings appear small but that is because there is white surrounding the blue with a light silver outline 

 

 

Wow, that's some poor design.  I know the actual wings are much larger, but because they're white and silver on a white background, all I see is the tiny blue bit, which just looks silly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Seriously.  Read every comment made about Oregon... the word "slander" has nothing to do with it.

Agreed, poor word choice on my part, and I do apologize for that. I still stand by my larger point, though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Chawls said:

I really don’t like the large numbers on Oregon’s uniforms. Just look at them next to Washington’s more typical sized numbers. Oregon’s number look obnoxious by comparison. 
 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B35kK2BAzFV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think the middle ground might be alabama

spacer.png

 

There has been a trend lately in all sports of having smaller numbers. I see it with Nike, adidas, and under armor. College football and b-ball mainly. 
 

Washington falls into the camp where they are almost too small for my liking. Oregon is too big. 
 

Washington used to have normal sized numbers. They’ve definitely gotten smaller. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course I would love to see all number sizes on a uniform be somewhere in the middle of too small and too large, but I really don't mind the larger number size. It reminds me of college football uniforms of old. I remember watching games in the 90s and seeing teams like Ohio State and they had huge numbers on their jerseys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Agreed, poor word choice on my part, and I do apologize for that. I still stand by my larger point, though.  

 

Your point being that some posters are predisposed to dislike all thing Oregon, and will express their dislike without even really evaluating the uniform?  Sure. But IMO those posters are balanced out pretty well but the ones that love all thing Nikegon, and will say so just a quickly and forcefully.

 

It's a bit of a wash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Your point being that some posters are predisposed to dislike all thing Oregon, and will express their dislike without even really evaluating the uniform?  Sure. But IMO those posters are balanced out pretty well but the ones that love all thing Nikegon, and will say so just a quickly and forcefully.

 

It's a bit of a wash.


Eh, it’s more 80/20 in favor of Oregon hate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

The University of Arizona is going to look great in these throwbacks. I'd love to see them and ASU have a throwback matchup for this every year.

FTFY. The Territorial Cup should always be a throwback matchup since it's the oldest rivalry trophy in the NCAA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

The University of Arizona is going to look great in these throwbacks. I'd love to see them and ASU have a throwback matchup for this year.

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

Basically everything about this set is better than their current set. It's nice, cohesive, good color balance, number/logo legibility. 

 

That's simply the best helmet they have as well. That logo should never be recolored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MattMill said:

I think the middle ground might be alabama

spacer.png

 

There has been a trend lately in all sports of having smaller numbers. I see it with Nike, adidas, and under armor. College football and b-ball mainly. 
 

Washington falls into the camp where they are almost too small for my liking. Oregon is too big. 
 

Washington used to have normal sized numbers. They’ve definitely gotten smaller. 

I think Nike has silently enlarged most of their big team's numbers. I think Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan are wearing slightly enlarged numbers. It could also be that the Vapor template is tighter fitting that Mach Speed and Elite 51 were and it gives the impression they're larger. adidas and under Armour are weird about using numbers that appear to be smaller than previous years so Washington having smaller numbers doesn't surprise me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.