College Football 2019

29texan

5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

if you find something plain and boring, call it plain and boring

The Arizona throwback is plain and boring. I know it's a throwback so whatever, but the idea of using this as a primary look right now is kind of crazy. The design is uninspired and says nothing bout the team; there's nothing to say or tell about the uniform, it's just there and looks kinda alright with some quirkiness thrown in for the sake of looking different. Athough the current look has many flaws (rectified below) at least there's something to say and there was some vision behind the concept. 

Below is an updated look for Arizona that doesn't look like trash. The same concept for the uniform that Jason Wright (creator of the Arizona football identity) had of a 'pesty' team is still there, only changed a little bit so they don't look like hot garbage.

9xUn3at.png

(the back of the helmet stripe tapers and ends like this:)

vC2IqIu.png

and the 8 and 9 look like they go with the rest of the set:

5hXo9Yq.png

(I was lazy on the numbers but you get the point)

Now that wasn't that hard. We don't have to go back to boring uniform design for good uniform design.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

9xUn3at.png

vC2IqIu.png

5hXo9Yq.png

Oh gosh.... I want this and I want it now

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

The Arizona throwback is plain and boring. I know it's a throwback so whatever, but the idea of using this as a primary look right now is kind of crazy. The design is uninspired and says nothing bout the team; there's nothing to say or tell about the uniform, it's just there and looks kinda alright with some quirkiness thrown in for the sake of looking different. Athough the current look has many flaws (rectified below) at least there's something to say and there was some vision behind the concept. 

Below is an updated look for Arizona that doesn't look like trash. The same concept for the uniform that Jason Wright (creator of the Arizona football identity) had of a 'pesty' team is still there, only changed a little bit so they don't look like hot garbage.

9xUn3at.png

vC2IqIu.png

5hXo9Yq.png

Now that wasn't that hard. We don't have to go back to boring uniform design for good uniform design.

What does this design say about the team besides "we like tapered/angular lines"?

1 minute ago, shaydre1019 said:

What does this design say about the team besides "we like tapered/angular lines"?

(from the release, not my words) 

1. A pest mentality: Aggressively angled shoulder stripe, serifs on the number set, red on red alt colorway,  and dispersing "fire ant" perf pattern throughout.

2. Extreme heat: Perforation throughout name & numbers, shoulder stripe, and body fabric. Overly saturated color usage of blue/red, red/blue with no white (blue helmet w/ red Block "A").

I decided to get rid of the perforation pattern because the idea of heat can some through via color saturation and usage. That being said, it wouldn't look bad so long as it could be managed in a similar way to the current use. The no-white idea COULD work if the red wasn't so deep on the current set and there was no white option, but neither are the case. So, for legibility purposes, I added white back into the look and could probably add a blurb about "white hot"  or something. It, in my opinion at least, fixes the main issues with the set and maintains the integrity of the meaning behind each kept design element. 

4 minutes ago, Htown1141 said:

fair.

That update would be nice...and the font and modern stripes do give it more life...but I don't consider the throwback to be hot garbage. The throwback is a good, traditional look, much like a bunch of powerhouse teams who also have plain, traditional looks. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

That update would be nice...and the font does give it more life...but I don't consider the throwback to be hot garbage. The throwback is a good, traditional look, much like a bunch of powerhouse teams who also have plain, traditional looks. 

That's also true, but the difference between those programs and Arizona is that those rank top 20 in all-time wins, top 20 in national Championships (Penn State has 2).

Arizona is 54th with 0 national championships.

3 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

9xUn3at.png

vC2IqIu.png

5hXo9Yq.png

Everything is telling me to hate this but for some reason I love this so much.

3 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

9xUn3at.png

vC2IqIu.png

5hXo9Yq.png

Pull those stripes back to the sleeve cap only, shrink and lower the numbers and they don't need any other changes. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Georgia Southern Eagles Unveil Alternate Helmet With IT-Inspired Video

October 31, 2019 - 16:51 PM

When Georgia Southern travels to No. 20 Appalachian State on Halloween night (8 p.m. on ESPNU), the Eagles will be outfitted in brand new white helmets that feature wings on both sides similar to that of the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles. […]

Read More...

Looks like Pitt may have some alternate blue pants:

Not sure if they’ll be worn this weekend at GT, but this seems like a pretty clear hint that they have them at their disposal and will wear them at some point. I’m really not a fan of them at all, though, mainly because the blue inner stripe absolutely should’ve been changed to gold.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

51 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like Pitt may have some alternate blue pants:

Not sure if they’ll be worn this weekend at GT, but this seems like a pretty clear hint that they have them at their disposal and will wear them at some point. I’m really not a fan of them at all, though, mainly because the blue inner stripe absolutely should’ve been changed to gold.

Yeah absolutely; second option would be to make the white stripes gold.  As is, looks like they are wearing leftover San Jose State pants. The gold/blue/blue is a decent look though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oregon going with their best combo of the season so far at USC:

I’m honestly shocked that they’re wearing this combo, especially down at USC since they’ve made a habit of going all-white at SC the last few times they’ve played there. This is definitely their best combo of the season so far (IMO), though, and just overall a really fantastic (and somewhat traditional) look. Kind of a curious decision to go with yellow pants against SC’s gold pants, but still a fantastic look nonetheless and a great mix of yellow and apple green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Oregon State going with their standard black/cream/cream road combo at Arizona:

spacer.png

Should be a great looking matchup with Arizona donning their throwbacks. I still wish the Beavs would go black/cream/black on the road at least once this year, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon going with their best combo of the season so far at USC:

I’m honestly shocked that they’re wearing this combo, especially down at USC since they’ve made a habit of going all-white at SC the last few times they’ve played there. This is definitely their best combo of the season so far (IMO), though, and just overall a really fantastic (and somewhat traditional) look. Kind of a curious decision to go with yellow pants against SC’s gold pants, but still a fantastic look nonetheless and a great mix of yellow and apple green.

Oh, that’s a great combo. Only thing that would make it better (in my opinion) would be green pants to contrast with USC’s gold. Either way, still should look fantastic!

Side note: It’s week 10 already???

Archived