29texan

College Football 2019

21 hours ago, TGroce said:

UNC going all-blues v. a white-out UVa set this weekend

spacer.png

spacer.pngIt'

I wish Virginia would have orange pants in their uniform guideline.  They would look a lot better with the road whites or home navies.  Would add more oomph to their look.  Not a fan of their mono navy or mono white it doesn't look bad, but it just looks stale after awhile.  Hopefully, next season they will add orange pants to their repertoire.

1 hour ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I wish Virginia would have orange pants in their uniform guideline.  They would look a lot better with the road whites or home navies.  Would add more oomph to their look.  Not a fan of their mono navy or mono white it doesn't look bad, but it just looks stale after awhile.  Hopefully, next season they will add orange pants to their repertoire.

Yeah, you'd have thought in an era where teams unveil monochrome looks almost exclusively, with the tagline of "We can mix and match", that Virginia would have orange pants along with the orange jersey. 

Washington appears to be going gold/purple/purple against Utah:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up breaking out the purple chrome helmets too, assuming they still have them in rotation. Hopefully they stick with the gold lids, though. 

F1 Driver Daniel Ricciardo To Wear Texas Longhorns-Themed Helmet At 2019 United States Grand Prix

November 1, 2019 - 19:41 PM

With Forumla One’s United States Grand Prix set to take place this weekend at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, driver Daniel Ricciardo will pay homage to the local college football team with a special helmet design. Riccardo, an […]

Read More...

Putting the decal on both sides of the helmet would improve that look so much. 

So this is the first time I've been able to watch UConn since they've gone back to their navy/white-only scheme. 1) I think these uniforms look good. I'm generally not a fan of dark jerseys matching dark pants, but it's simply pleasant to see UConn look like quintessential UConn. (Granted, I know that UConn has a long history. They only really came onto my personal radar when they started playing WVU regularly. But they also saw success at the highest level in navy and while with double strokes. So seeing them in that looks "right" to me. There are some changes from the 2004 look or the 2011 look. But I feel like they're improvements--dropping the side piping, for instance.) 2) There's something vaguely 90s about the general design: the double stroke on white numbers against a dark background is very Drew Brees-Purdue. And the wide, complete, double stripe on the pants feels faintly 90s as well. I don't know how to describe it, exactly. But that was my double reaction: They look good, and they appeal to my soft spot for 90s football aesthetic (when I was a kid).

Really, it's just an all-around good-looking game:

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Boise State going all-white with orange chrome helmet decals and facemasks:

spacer.png

Boise has worn the worth their white helmet with: blue stickers/blue mask, blue stickers/white mask, throwback stickers/chrome mask, and now orange stickers/orange mask.

I feel bad for that equipment team.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, upperV03 said:

Oregon going with their best combo of the season so far at USC:

I’m honestly shocked that they’re wearing this combo, especially down at USC since they’ve made a habit of going all-white at SC the last few times they’ve played there. This is definitely their best combo of the season so far (IMO), though, and just overall a really fantastic (and somewhat traditional) look. Kind of a curious decision to go with yellow pants against SC’s gold pants, but still a fantastic look nonetheless and a great mix of yellow and apple green.

I'd actually really like to see this look, but with the green helmet instead.. kind of a similar idea to what USC does ( as well as several others) with the dark helmet, white jersey, light pants.. perhaps it may not be the best game to do it (although I don't see any issue with it), but I think it would be a fantastic look to use at some point

38 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I'd actually really like to see this look, but with the green helmet instead.. kind of a similar idea to what USC does ( as well as several others) with the dark helmet, white jersey, light pants.. perhaps it may not be the best game to do it (although I don't see any issue with it), but I think it would be a fantastic look to use at some point

I’ve really wanted to see both green/white/yellow and yellow/white/green for several years now. I think both would look great, especially with the current set. I’m not sure either would be better than the yellow/white/yellow, but I think they’d both still look really sharp.

Maryland had a horrible start, and will probably get blown out...but the retro unis are beautiful.

UCF white space unis don't look as good as the black.  They look like a visiting team.  That new helmet with the black uniform would be awesome.  Still love the concept and the colors. 

Buffalo, what the heck??? Black/Grey/Black at EMU and there grey field?? EMU is White/Green/Green. could of been worse but still quite bad. Did I mention Buffalo’s helmets are matte with chrome blue decals? It’s everything bad all in one uni lol. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

UCF white space unis don't look as good as the black.  They look like a visiting team.  That new helmet with the black uniform would be awesome.  Still love the concept and the colors. 

dillon-gabriel-of-the-ucf-knights-warms-

tre-nixon-of-the-ucf-knights-celebrates-

1 hour ago, lilben777 said:

Buffalo, what the heck??? Black/Grey/Black at EMU and there grey field?? EMU is White/Green/Green. could of been worse but still quite bad. Did I mention Buffalo’s helmets are matte with chrome blue decals? It’s everything bad all in one uni lol. 

I love LIU's colors but boy that team sucks.  Defense has more holes than swiss cheese.  Hopefully the basketball team can do better.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Maryland had a horrible start, and will probably get blown out...but the retro unis are beautiful.

If you can't be good, at least look good.

22 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Too bad Houston didn't have a black space uniform, it could have been space v. space!

Houston and UCF should play every season and the game should be called the Space Race. I guess Houston would have to play the role of the commies since they wear red.