College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Would’ve preferred green cleats with this combination, but still looks good even with the white cleats. Hope to see them try Yellow/White/Green at some point this season

This looks would look so much better and acceptable if a) the helmet decals were green and b) they didn’t wear it against USC, both teams have yellow pants doesn’t look the best, should’ve worn it against Utah or Wazzu or somethin 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

20 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

This looks would look so much better and acceptable if a) the helmet decals were green and b) they didn’t wear it against USC, both teams have yellow pants doesn’t look the best, should’ve worn it against Utah or Wazzu or somethin 

Really, this combo isn’t even acceptable in your book? Smh...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Would’ve preferred green cleats with this combination, but still looks good even with the white cleats. Hope to see them try Yellow/White/Green at some point this season

Yeah, I wish they would’ve gone with either their green or yellow cleats instead of the white ones. Still a fantastic look, though. Easily their best combo of the season so far IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Really, this combo isn’t even acceptable in your book? Smh...

Honestly if it was up to me, the whole look would’ve been burned a day after it was made, I’m not quite the traditionalist but this look hits all the wrong marks in my book. Highlighter yellow is an awful shade of a really nice and usable color. Their green is nice though. The number sizes are kind of ridiculous, the in-line ruins the otherwise ok font, the chrome is... sorry to be blunt but plain ugly, it’s really really hard to pull off and I don’t think we’ll see any team pull it off right. They tend to be too minimalistic, which does help because then you get the lack of color parity you see in typical uniforms. They also make really dumb decisions, like on their uniforms tonight, they should’ve throw in some green cleats and a green helmet decal, and you’d have a better parity of color. But they didn’t do that so it messes with the look. In general they also tend to disobey what I would say is an important part of any brand or design, in their color scheme.

I’d love to see them stick with the wing design which I think is super unique to them. But they just have to be more grounded in their designs. Stick to a better yellow shade, preferably more athletic yellow, and a nice rich green, maybe darkened their current one, maybe keep it. Refrain from chrome, excess white or black (or midnight green or whatever it is) and uber minimalist designs. Tweak the number font, remove the inline, maybe switch to a block, but just shrinking this current one and removing the inline would work, it works for the women’s basketball. (They would be a great example of how you could transform this current crisis into a great look) 
I’m also a fan of the duck logo, bring it back! Throw it on the pants or on the sleeve or something. Maybe bring it in as an alt helmet logo. You could roll with shoulder wings instead of the helmet wings (which is a bit over used for bird mascot-ed teams)

Theres a lot, and I mean a lot of potential with the Ducks identity. And they continue to throw it to the wayside in favor of this... underwhelming mess. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

36 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Honestly if it was up to me, the whole look would’ve been burned a day after it was made, I’m not quite the traditionalist but this look hits all the wrong marks in my book. Highlighter yellow is an awful shade of a really nice and usable color. Their green is nice though. The number sizes are kind of ridiculous, the in-line ruins the otherwise ok font, the chrome is... sorry to be blunt but plain ugly, it’s really really hard to pull off and I don’t think we’ll see any team pull it off right. They tend to be too minimalistic, which does help because then you get the lack of color parity you see in typical uniforms. They also make really dumb decisions, like on their uniforms tonight, they should’ve throw in some green cleats and a green helmet decal, and you’d have a better parity of color. But they didn’t do that so it messes with the look. In general they also tend to disobey what I would say is an important part of any brand or design, in their color scheme.

I’d love to see them stick with the wing design which I think is super unique to them. But they just have to be more grounded in their designs. Stick to a better yellow shade, preferably more athletic yellow, and a nice rich green, maybe darkened their current one, maybe keep it. Refrain from chrome, excess white or black (or midnight green or whatever it is) and uber minimalist designs. Tweak the number font, remove the inline, maybe switch to a block, but just shrinking this current one and removing the inline would work, it works for the women’s basketball. (They would be a great example of how you could transform this current crisis into a great look) 
I’m also a fan of the duck logo, bring it back! Throw it on the pants or on the sleeve or something. Maybe bring it in as an alt helmet logo. You could roll with shoulder wings instead of the helmet wings (which is a bit over used for bird mascot-ed teams)

Theres a lot, and I mean a lot of potential with the Ducks identity. And they continue to throw it to the wayside in favor of this... underwhelming mess. 

I strongly disagree with you on almost everything you said there about their current look, and tonight’s combo. I do agree with you about the Duck logo, but that’s about it. Agree to disagree I guess.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

37 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

They also make really dumb decisions, like on their uniforms tonight, they should’ve throw in some green cleats and a green helmet decal, and you’d have a better parity of color.

While I get your argument, they actually do have a green helmet decal:

Just now, jn8 said:

Yup, the ‘O’ decals on the back are green and so are the front bumper logos. If he was talking about the wings, then those aren’t decals, those are part of the paint process and can’t be changed. I happen to love the silver wings on the yellow helmets, and think the yellow lids are the best ones in their set, especially when they have the apple green ‘O’ decals like they do tonight.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, jn8 said:

10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yup, the ‘O’ decals on the back are green and so are the front bumper logos. If she was talking about the wings, then those aren’t decals, those are part of the paint process and can’t be changed. I happen to love the silver wings on the yellow helmets, and think the yellow lids are the best ones in their set, especially when they have the apple green ‘O’ decals like they do tonight.

Well I was mistaken about the wings being decal and I know the O is green but my point still stands, the helmets look dumb with the chrome wings, they should be as green as the o logo, that looks really good, maybe put that on each side

3YCQJRO.png

6 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Well I was mistaken about the wings being decal and I know the O is green but my point still stands, the helmets look dumb with the chrome wings, they should be as green as the o logo, that looks really good, maybe put that on each side

For one thing, they’re not chrome, they’re silver. They had chrome wings on the yellow helmets of the Mariota era, but now they’re just silver. And two, I think the wings would look a lot tackier if they were the bright apple green, and that would also make it so the yellow helmets could really only be used with the uniform pieces with apple green on them, when their yellow uniform pieces are generally paired with black (or dark green). I think they’ve mostly got everything right with this set, though I agree the jerseys could use a little something more to them on either the shoulders or sleeves.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

36 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

For one thing, they’re not chrome, they’re silver. They had chrome wings on the yellow helmets of the Mariota era, but now they’re just silver. And two, I think the wings would look a lot tackier if they were the bright apple green, and that would also make it so the yellow helmets could really only be used with the uniform pieces with apple green on them, when their yellow uniform pieces are generally paired with black (or dark green). I think they’ve mostly got everything right with this set, though I agree the jerseys could use a little something more to them on either the shoulders or sleeves.

You can use that as a testament to how bad their uniforms are, you should be able to have one or two helmets that work for every uniform. Oregon has like 4 or 5. Have one helmet that’ll work for home and aways and one that make work better for an alternate.

3YCQJRO.png

Someone forgot to tell the Jayhawks they were the home team: 

kansas-state-wildcats-quarterback-skylar

ku_fbc_ksu_2_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86

ku_fbc_ksu_13_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc0

One of the ugliest college football jerseys I can recall, and they choose to wear them against an opponent who is primarily silver on the road.  Do not want.

39 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

You can use that as a testament to how bad their uniforms are, you should be able to have one or two helmets that work for every uniform. Oregon has like 4 or 5. Have one helmet that’ll work for home and aways and one that make work better for an alternate.

That’s your opinion. My opinion differs greatly. I think the Ducks’ current set is great, and I think many other Oregon fans agree. I think there are people on here who’d agree as well, or who at least would be willing to acknowledge that they’re capable of some really nice looks with this set. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived