College Football 2019

29texan

I've been a proponent of the Gators wearing orange pants at home instead of white, but I'll just say that wearing white helmets to go with the blue jerseys and white pants isn't a bad alternative to that. The only downside is that there's very little orange in their outfit, but between the throwback look they wore against Auburn and what they're wearing today, I really like the way the uniforms work.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I've been a proponent of the Gators wearing orange pants at home instead of white, but I'll just say that wearing white helmets to go with the blue jerseys and white pants isn't a bad alternative to that. The only downside is that there's very little orange in their outfit, but between the throwback look they wore against Auburn and what they're wearing today, I really like the way the uniforms work.

Just out of curiosity, does the combo they used against Florida State a few years back solve this issue or go too far in the other direction?

7fuQyqc.jpg

Personally, I love both combinations (as alternates) but I give the edge to the orange jerseys, simply because I love the color orange 

I'm probably in the minority of Gator fans who prefers orange to blue as well, but in this case, in general, I usually prefer helmets to match the pants and jerseys to match the socks. Now, if the helmet and jersey match while the pants are a different color, that's usually ok as well, but usually having the helmet, jersey, and pants all be different colors isn't my favorite thing. The Gators can get away with it because they've done that for most of their history, I get it, but it's not my favorite look.

spacer.png

Is there a better looking matchup in college than LSU-Bama? It’s the same every year and always looks fantastic.

Some of my other favorites: OU-Texas, Florida-Georgia, Ohio St-Michigan, USC-UCLA (color vs color), Army-Navy, Notre Dame-Michigan St (most underrated but not annual), Miami-FSU.

But LSU-Bama takes the cake.

1 hour ago, unimaniac said:

I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I’ve been holding my breath to see the Gators wear orange jerseys with blue pants for years.  Just figured I’d get that out there.

Speaking just for myself, when it comes to wearing jerseys and pants that are both colors but different ones - for the purposes of discussion I'm excluding white as a color - I much prefer it when the jersey color is the darker of the two. I like the idea of blue over orange. The inverse of that doesn't excite me a whole lot. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, unimaniac said:

I don’t know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I’ve been holding my breath to see the Gators wear orange jerseys with blue pants for years.  Just figured I’d get that out there.

With orange or white helmets?  I assume orange.

10 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Speaking just for myself, when it comes to wearing jerseys and pants that are both colors but different ones - for the purposes of discussion I'm excluding white as a color - I much prefer it when the jersey color is the darker of the two. I like the idea of blue over orange. The inverse of that doesn't excite me a whole lot. 

Not disagreeing with you on that, but that combo makes an appearance every now and then.  It looks good, but I’m curious to see how the converse looks in practice.

17 hours ago, BVZ said:

Is there a better looking matchup in college than LSU-Bama? It’s the same every year and always looks fantastic.

Some of my other favorites: OU-Texas, Florida-Georgia, Ohio St-Michigan, USC-UCLA (color vs color), Army-Navy, Notre Dame-Michigan St (most underrated but not annual), Miami-FSU.

It's not annual, but I like the Nebraska-Penn State games for how clean and simple they look. Especially when NU is on the road with red pants. 

It's also usually a later-season B1G matchup which means potential for snow in State College or Lincoln. 

USATSI_7573794-e1516297654719.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

17 hours ago, BVZ said:

it's pretty nice, and the daytime start helps it too. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived