College Football 2019

29texan

On 11/9/2019 at 2:43 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm probably in the minority of Gator fans who prefers orange to blue as well, but in this case, in general, I usually prefer helmets to match the pants and jerseys to match the socks. Now, if the helmet and jersey match while the pants are a different color, that's usually ok as well, but usually having the helmet, jersey, and pants all be different colors isn't my favorite thing. The Gators can get away with it because they've done that for most of their history, I get it, but it's not my favorite look.

I think it should be fairly standard for the Gators. We should always wear:

OBW vs UGA, UT, FSU, and Miami at home. 

OBB vs LSU home and road

OWB vs UGA, UT, Miami on the road

OWW/OWB/OWO vs FSU on the road

OWO vs UK on the road

Experiment with uni combos against other opponents. Orange uniform elements (jersey or pants) would be a cool tradition against our SEC West crossover opponent each year (excluding Auburn, go traditional)

Mix and match for others like SCar, Vandy, Mizzou, non-con.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Giving up 23 points in the 4th quarter to lose to Illinois was only the second most embarrassing thing Sparty did today

spacer.png

ps ski-u-mah

Looks like Sparty mix-and-matched their regular pants with this ugly alternate set (notice the white swoosh and Spartan logo). That’s a good thing because the original look was one of the worst to ever grace a football field. Anything to minimize that hideous color is welcome. Ideally these things would be permanently canned.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Looks like Sparty mix-and-matched their regular pants with this ugly alternate set (notice the white swoosh and Spartan logo). That’s a good thing because the original look was one of the worst to ever grace a football field. Anything to minimize that hideous color is welcome. Ideally these things would be permanently canned.

spacer.png

2 losses and no wins. That should do it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Temple wearing throwbacks against the Green Wave this weekend. Hoping they just use a cherry helmet with the '][' or maybe a throwback to "Temple" written on each side like this Temple_OLD9.gif

They have worn this look in the 70's, 80's and a great deal of the 00's. They will probably just wear the white helmets they use now which I like, the Stripe just doesn't match at all.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:09 AM, seasaltvanilla said:

Giving up 23 points in the 4th quarter to lose to Illinois was only the second most embarrassing thing Sparty did today

spacer.png

See I think this makes the jerseys look slightly better, since the neon green pants aren't there to accent the jersey, this is much more subdued.

The big STATE still looks trash though.

21 hours ago, JTernup said:

I think it should be fairly standard for the Gators. We should always wear:

OBW vs UGA, UT, FSU, and Miami at home. 

OBB vs LSU home and road

OWB vs UGA, UT, Miami on the road

OWW/OWB/OWO vs FSU on the road

OWO vs UK on the road

Experiment with uni combos against other opponents. Orange uniform elements (jersey or pants) would be a cool tradition against our SEC West crossover opponent each year (excluding Auburn, go traditional)

Mix and match for others like SCar, Vandy, Mizzou, non-con.

That specific schedule is a bit over regimental for me, but I do concur that Florida's orange helmet is iconic enough that they need no other. Varius combination of orange,  blue and white mostly all look great.   Minimize monochrome. Bury the rest. 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:59 AM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

These uniforms.  Serves them right, losing to Illinois.  It's especially appalling because their base uniforms are so basic, but man are they beautiful.  They are one of the few teams that look incredible in monochrome white.  And their basic green matte helmet, one of the best in football.

2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

These uniforms.  Serves them right, losing to Illinois.  It's especially appalling because their base uniforms are so basic, but man are they beautiful.  They are one of the few teams that look incredible in monochrome white.  And their basic green matte helmet, one of the best in football.

Man, that looks horrendous. 

Side note, does anyone miss their old kelly green look? I do.

2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I honestly didn't mind the gold accented unis either. 

On 11/11/2019 at 3:05 PM, dannykraft said:

Temple wearing throwbacks against the Green Wave this weekend. Hoping they just use a cherry helmet with the '][' or maybe a throwback to "Temple" written on each side like this Temple_OLD9.gif

They have worn this look in the 70's, 80's and a great deal of the 00's. They will probably just wear the white helmets they use now which I like, the Stripe just doesn't match at all.

They're going with a white helmet and the cherry northwestern stripe with the ']['. Kinda disappointed but glad they at least matched the stripes. 

Kansas State Wildcats To Wear Throwback-Inspired Helmet Design

November 12, 2019 - 23:51 PM

When Kansas State takes the field against West Virginia on Saturday (3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN), the Wildcats will be outfitted in white helmets with the word “Cats” written in purple script — the inverse of the program’s 1988 design. […]

Read More...

Archived