College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missouri Unveils TOPGUN-Themed Helmet In Honor Of Veterans Day

November 16, 2019 - 03:03 AM

Missouri will belatedly honor our nation’s veterans by wearing TOPGUN-themed helmets during this Saturday’s game against Florida (12 p.m. on CBS). Not to be confused with the 1986 movie Top Gun, the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School — commonly […]

Read More...

3 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Missouri Unveils TOPGUN-Themed Helmet In Honor Of Veterans Day

November 16, 2019 - 03:03 AM

Missouri will belatedly honor our nation’s veterans by wearing TOPGUN-themed helmets during this Saturday’s game against Florida (12 p.m. on CBS). Not to be confused with the 1986 movie Top Gun, the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School — commonly […]

Read More...

FFS enough of colleges humping the military already, we have federally funded academies to handle these salutes and our service-people get ample recognition including federal holidays designated for them. How about doing something unique and having the jocks represent their actual academic institutions? I know there have been a few tributes but it's about time they give the theatre dept and school of gerontology some love already.

16 minutes ago, guest23 said:

FFS enough of colleges humping the military already, we have federally funded academies to handle these salutes and our service-people get ample recognition including federal holidays designated for them. How about doing something unique and having the jocks represent their actual academic institutions? I know there have been a few tributes but it's about time they give the theatre dept and school of gerontology some love already.

Especially to honor a Navy school in California, when you are in a land locked state. It’s so stupid.

How long has TCUs purple pants and accents not match up with TCUs matte purple helmet?  It's like the Rockies had a baby and didn't change out all the purple at once. 

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Does anyone know of any other teams that use the Florida gators numbers? I love the double outline. It reminds me of the early 90s Miami dolphins. 

spacer.png

I have a soft spot for this era and style. I'm glad UF still uses it. (not sure if they're exactly the same but it's close).

19 minutes ago, MattMill said:

How long has TCUs purple pants and accents not match up with TCUs matte purple helmet?  It's like the Rockies had a baby and didn't change out all the purple at once. 

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Does anyone know of any other teams that use the Florida gators numbers? I love the double outline. It reminds me of the early 90s Miami dolphins. 

spacer.png

I have a soft spot for this era and style. I'm glad UF still uses it. (not sure if they're exactly the same but it's close).

TCU’s purple pants are waaaaay off from the purple helmets

34 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Oklahoma State's set in action today. 

EJg5Sj4W4AA1USY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I thought Kansas looked sharp in blue/white/white...no gray pants, which is a plus. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Iowa State -- you look terrible. Thought I was watching Texas/TCU for a second or two.

I mean, the big Iowa State logo in the center of the field and TCU not being the name on the score bug should be a giveaway 😅 Nah, JK on that. In all seriousness, black is an absolutely awful look for Iowa State, especially when they don’t even have any team colors on the uniforms.

And the whole thing where their big in state rival wears black is kinda no bueno as well

Edit: Speaking of said in-state rival...

New combo for Iowa today+stars and stripes helmet decal.

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Arkansas State has stars and stripes in the logo on the side of their helmet.  Looks really bad.

In all fairness, with Arkansas State's current uniform pieces, they can never look good. May as well just embrace the suck.

EDIT: We're basically the Arizona of the Sun Belt, which is really problematic for my gimmick of loving Arizona State as well.

LSU and Ole Miss is a gift from the gods. It's in the conversation for being the best uniform matchup in college football.

Archived