College Football 2019

29texan

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

Oklahoma trying to look like Nebraska against Baylor tonight 

Damn, I take it back. Oklahoma actually played well in the second half and won

Only Nebraska fans are allowed to make fun of Nebraska. Any of y’all try to do it we’ll be throwing hands😂

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I always wondered how the Steelers would look with their regular black jerseys and Color Rush pants. Now I know, and I can live without seeing it ever happen. 

Agreed.  It works as an alternate for Iowa but it's not something the Steelers need to be doing.

As predicted, Arizona looked like :censored: play-wise against Oregon but the uniforms weren't bad. The base of the uniforms is bad but B/W/W is a good combo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
The Ducks looked really sharp last night under the lights in their dark green/yellow/dark green combo, especially with them going with yellow socks, tights, gloves, etc. to match the jerseys. This was their first time going dark green/yellow/dark green since the diamond plate days, and it was really nice to see a dark/yellow/dark combo featuring a hint of green again as opposed to just yellow and black. After seeing this combo in action, I’d call it their third best combo of the season thus far, behind the yellow/white/yellow and yellow/dark green/yellow. Just a really solid look overall.

Moving ahead to next week, I’m fairly confident that they’ll be in their white/apple green jerseys, white pants, and apple green cleats at Arizona State, but I’m less confident about the helmets. I’m thinking they’ll go apple green/white/white since that was one of the combos they showed when they unveiled the new set, but I could also see them going with the chrome helmets again since they’ve only been worn once this season. I’m really hoping for the apple green/white/white, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
The Ducks looked really sharp last night under the lights in their dark green/yellow/dark green combo, especially with them going with yellow socks, tights, gloves, etc. to match the jerseys. This was their first time going dark green/yellow/dark green since the diamond plate days, and it was really nice to see a dark/yellow/dark combo featuring a hint of green again as opposed to just yellow and black. After seeing this combo in action, I’d call it their third best combo of the season thus far, behind the yellow/white/yellow and yellow/dark green/yellow. Just a really solid look overall.

Moving ahead to next week, I’m fairly confident that they’ll be in their white/apple green jerseys, white pants, and apple green cleats at Arizona State, but I’m less confident about the helmets. I’m thinking they’ll go apple green/white/white since that was one of the combos they showed when they unveiled the new set, but I could also see them going with the chrome helmets again since they’ve only been worn once this season. I’m really hoping for the apple green/white/white, though.

The helmets and pants actually don't look black to me anymore, they know look brown which I think is even worse. I do not understand how people like this set, the uniforms are very boring, the wings on the helmets are barely visible and I just can't get past the black/brown/verrrry dark green. 

14 hours ago, dannykraft said:

The helmets and pants actually don't look black to me anymore, they now look brown which I think is even worse. I do not understand how people like this set, the uniforms are very boring, the wings on the helmets are barely visible and I just can't get past the black/brown/verrrry dark green. 

Still photos don’t really do this shade of green justice. On TV, the pants and helmets look MUCH better and are more clearly a dark shade of green. Prior to the game I wasn’t sure I liked the combo based on the still shots they released, but watching it in action really flipped my opinion on it. It’s still not high on how I’d rank their combos, probably closer to the middle, but it was greatly improved by seeing it in action

15 hours ago, dannykraft said:

The helmets and pants actually don't look black to me anymore, they know look brown which I think is even worse. I do not understand how people like this set, the uniforms are very boring, the wings on the helmets are barely visible and I just can't get past the black/brown/verrrry dark green. 

Perhaps it's time to make an appointment with an eye doctor 😂

Oregon has y’all wrapped around their fingers. That’s a mediocre set at best. 

Dark-light-dark should be reserved for the road, but the NCAA is too stupid to allow color vs. color like they should. 

Edit: Welp, I was wrong on the second point. Teams and conferences need to figure it out.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

12 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

but the NCAA is too stupid to allow color vs. color like they should. 

Wrong.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018MFB_FAQ_Uniforms_Contest_Delays_20180921.pdf

10. Is it possible for the visiting team to wear their home (colored) jerseys?

This is possible, under these conditions (Rule 1-4-5-b):

The home team must agree in writing before the game.

The home team’s conference must certify that the color of the visiting team’s jersey is in contrast with that of the home team.

If the visiting team wears colored jerseys without meeting these conditions, it is assessed a 15-yard penalty before the first play from scrimmage after the opening kickoff in each half.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I stand corrected. More teams need to get together and figure it out.

I also have no faith in the Pac-12 to understand what contrast is. They can barely referee a game as it is.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

12 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Doesnt this go back to when UCLA played USC in 2008, since both teams wanted a color on color matchup?

Yes, it does. Whichever of the two teams was the home team (I don't recall which of the two it was) agreed to call a useless timeout to balance out the fact that the road team was being penalized a timeout for not wearing their road jerseys. The absurdity and outcry evidently forced the NCAA to change the rule, and the rule as it stands right now is very reasonable.

10 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

I stand corrected. More teams need to get together and figure it out.

I also have no faith in the Pac-12 to understand what contrast is. They can barely referee a game as it is.

It's interesting that the two most prominent examples of consistent color-versus-color match-ups I can think of both involve Pac 12 teams.

UCLA vs USC (since 2008)

BYU vs Utah (since 2011)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

14 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

It's interesting that the two most prominent examples of consistent color-versus-color match-ups I can think of both involve Pac 12 teams.

UCLA vs USC (since 2008)

BYU vs Utah (since 2011)

And while not a consistent thing, the Civil War has been color on color three times in the last 15 years (including last year’s matchup):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
And I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if this year’s game features a color on color matchup similar to the one from 2013 (the second pic above).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Northern Illinois Huskies Unveil Heather Gray Smoke Dog Uniform

November 20, 2019 - 02:01 AM

The Northern Illinois football program unveiled brand new heather gray uniforms ahead of its Tuesday night game against Eastern Michigan (7:30 p.m. on ESPN2). The Huskies’ new uniforms aren’t a significant departure from their standard home set, with NIU prominently […]

Read More...

Archived