College Football 2019

29texan

On 12/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

Why was an unannounced alt uniform necessary for a road game against Vandy on the SEC Network?

Because Adidas. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navy Midshipmen Reveal 1960s Throwback Uniform For Army Game

December 5, 2019 - 16:56 PM

With its history dating back to 1870, few college football programs boast the history of the United States Naval Academy. Yet the early-1960s in particular stand out, which is why the Midshipmen will wear throwback uniforms that pay homage to […]

Read More...

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

The airbrushing on the vents is unnecessary and just makes it look like they are emphasizing them for riddel.

I can't think of one instance where airbrushing helmet features has looked good. It's distracting, looks sloppy and ruins an otherwise awesome throwback.

I'm not generally a fan of going for a totally different uniform like Army and Navy tend to do for their game.  That said, in a vacuum, that Navy jersey is terrific!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I can't think of one instance where airbrushing helmet features has looked good. It's distracting, looks sloppy and ruins an otherwise awesome throwback.

I disagree with this one as it's meant to mimic the helmet of the Heisman Trophy rather than just looking weather beaten. And it still manages to fit the rest of the uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, Webfooter said:

Based on the video and photos of the Ducks' final walkthrough, it looks like they'll be wearing their dark green helmets for the Pac-12 CG.

Yep. Disappointed they won’t be going with the classic yellow/apple green/yellow, but I’d still be relatively happy with either of these combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s also possible that they could repeat a combo, such as the mono-dark green or the dark green/yellow/dark green. We’ll see, the revealing should be this evening.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I disagree with this one as it's meant to mimic the helmet of the Heisman Trophy rather than just looking weather beaten. And it still manages to fit the rest of the uniform. 

I get what they are going for, but it looks like someone just randomly spray painted black on a gold helmet. Adding texture, like ND, and less contrast between the two colors would have helped. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Well then make it look like a leather helmet design like Texas A&M did a few years ago but gold/bronze. Doing it to modern helmet vents just makes me realize it’s a riddel speedflex helmet more, rather than a navy helmet

The Ducks are repeating a combo for the second week in a row, this time going with the mono-dark green combo for tomorrow’s Pac-12 Championship game:

Gotta say, I’m pretty disappointed by this move. I like this combo, but would’ve much preferred the yellow/apple green/yellow, yellow/dark green/yellow, or even dark green/apple/dark green. I’m hoping they at least go with the yellow and/or dark green gloves and accessories with this combo this time around instead of the white they wore earlier this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Army Black Knights Unveil 1st Cavalry Division Uniforms For Navy Game

December 6, 2019 - 02:24 AM

In was has become a tradition over the last decade, Army West Point unveiled alternate uniforms on Thursday evening that will be worn during its annual rivalry game against Navy in Dec. 14. This year’s design honors the soldiers of […]

Read More...

On 12/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

Fun fact: Brees-era Purdue used an identical number treatment. All white with an "offset" white stroke (for lack of a better way to describe it).

1999-Drew-Brees-05838507.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys still rock these numbers on the navy jerseys. Also I didn’t mind the Aggies helmets with the huge state of Texas logo. Those were actually awesome mainly because it was an oversized logo without numbers on one side....the black and all white alt uniforms were not good

16 hours ago, bowld said:

Army gets an A+ imo. Those should be full time 

These are good for a one off, I still prefer the regular uniform sets over this though in terms of a perpetual look. It would get old pretty quick.

14 hours ago, Volt said:

Army’s uniforms and accompanying merch are absolutely outstanding.

I almost feel like most of Ft. Hood will be wearing these next week. At least the folks on that side of post. I might grab a 9th Cav shirt though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived