29texan

College Football 2019

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The number treatment was pretty much all over the place...

 

spacer.png

 

 

spacer.png

 

Sometimes it was so low that it half overlapped the stripe...

 

spacer.png

 

Other times it was on the sleeves but off the stripes...

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

Some players didn't have it at all...

 

spacer.png

 

And this picture seems to show it up on the shoulder, although it looks a little fishy to me...

 

spacer.png

 

 

 

This one has it down on the sleeve...

 

spacer.png

 

Whatever, it's just a strange and glorious quirk, one that would never pass whatever boring-ass committee gets set up to vet uniforms these days. Someone up-thread mentioned that it looks like an afterthought, like someone suddenly realized they needed it and slapped it on last minute.  I agree 100%, which is exactly what makes it so awesome. The black TV numbers are like the N.Y. Giants' no-blue road jerseys, and the L.A. Dodgers' red front jersey number.  Details that some stick-up-the-butt "everything must match" decision maker would take a red marker to today. And that idiot would probably also tell me not to put hot sauce on my eggs. 

 

 

 

 

I think it's a great detail.  I like when uniforms are traditional and stick with a uniform presentation (consistent striping, consistent colors, consistent between the various uniforms), but there is nothing better than when a traditional uniform has a small/unique, and as you said it, glorious quirk.  The Steelers logo on one side, Illinois with the sublimated stripes on the front of their jerseys, the Browns gray facemask all come to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 8:53 PM, dannykraft said:

Teams with UCLA stripes may just not use this template. Teams like LSU and Ole Miss skipped the Mach Speed entirely so theres that option. 

And they probably shouldn't. UCLA stripes look almost as bad on this template as they do on the Adidas TechFit template.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

And they probably shouldn't. UCLA stripes look almost as bad on this template as they do on the Adidas TechFit template.

 

spacer.png

Do we know how bad they look on that template for certain? Or are we just making that assumption based on the rough mock-up someone created one page back? I'm guessing they'll make a somewhat drastic modification to the template like they did to the Vapor-Untouchable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Do we know how bad they look on that template for certain? Or are we just making that assumption based on the rough mock-up someone created one page back? I'm guessing they'll make a somewhat drastic modification to the template like they did to the Vapor-Untouchable

nONHuJD.png

E0ceAL0.jpg

stxbd9p.jpg

To be fair, they could drop the yoke farther down for those teams or simply keep them in the current uniform cut. These are from my NCFA team this season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

nONHuJD.png

E0ceAL0.jpg

stxbd9p.jpg

To be fair, they could drop the yoke farther down for those teams or simply keep them in the current uniform cut. These are from my NCFA team this season.

 

Once again those are photoshops not actual jerseys, just using the template that’s already there. As stated the template could be and probably will be altered to fit UCLA stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dont care said:

Once again those are photoshops not actual jerseys, just using the template that’s already there. As stated the template could be and probably will be altered to fit UCLA stripes.

Yup, that's the point I was making. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

nONHuJD.png

E0ceAL0.jpg

stxbd9p.jpg

To be fair, they could drop the yoke farther down for those teams or simply keep them in the current uniform cut. These are from my NCFA team this season.

 

I don't know that they necessarily need to drop the entire yoke down, as there may be a way to adjust the way the body panels, sleeve panels and side panels come together.. maybe reshaping the outer portion of the yoke to angle downward towards the armpit could give the angled stripe look that LSU and Ole Miss had a few years ago.... I think there are certainly some options that don't require any real extreme measures..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yup, that's the point I was making. 

So you agree that they won’t end up looking like that then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dont care said:

So you agree that they won’t end up looking like that then

Yes, unless they come up with an insert that extends down or they try to line the pattern up into the mesh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes, unless they come up with an insert that extends down or they try to line the pattern up into the mesh. 

All they have to do is make the seam straight and problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FCS quarterfinal game- Montana / Weber State. Montana looks like an old school Washington State in Silver, white and maroon. Weber State in all black is serious as a heart attack for this game. Oh, it's snowing too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Army's endzone paint is really washed out. Dang rain. Navy's doesn't look so bad though.

Also hindering the endzone appearance: the Eagles using black end zones on Monday night.  Paint can only cover up so much, and even less so when there's wet conditions in Philadelphia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Also hindering the endzone appearance: the Eagles using black end zones on Monday night.  Paint can only cover up so much, and even less so when there's wet conditions in Philadelphia.

 

Which is why I thought the Army endzone would look better, i.e, the Iggles using black on Monday might make the transition to the black Army easier? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

 

Which is why I thought the Army endzone would look better, i.e, the Iggles using black on Monday might make the transition to the black Army easier? 

The wordmarks were painted over instead of washed off, so they stood out against that Army wordmark that only had one coat of gold rather than all those other colors that go into the Eagles wordmark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minnesota-Mankato/Slippery Rock wound up being the best looking game of the lower division playoff games this weekend.

 

North Central/Muhlenberg a close second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Army’s set yesterday, head to toe, might be my new favorite all-time uniform.  Absolutely perfect.  Even better than their 2013 Army Navy Game set, which was previously tops for me.  2018’s was outstanding, also.  Army & Nike do such a great job on these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good look at Ohio State’s throwback jerseys for the Fiesta Bowl:

Vapor Untouchable template, but otherwise they’re the same as the last time they were worn. Also note that there is no CFB150 patch, which helps prevent the jerseys from being extra cluttered now with the addition of the bowl patch. Chances are all four playoff teams will remove the CFB150 patch, but hopefully most teams in the other bowl games will do the same as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.