College Football 2019

29texan

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Good look at Ohio State’s throwback jerseys for the Fiesta Bowl:

Vapor Untouchable template, but otherwise they’re the exact same as the last time they were worn. Also note that there is no CFB150 patch, which helps prevent the jerseys from being extra cluttered now with the addition of the bowl patch. Chances are all four playoff teams will remove the CFB150 patch, but hopefully most teams in the other bowl games will do the same as well.

I think that will be the plan for those schools that get issued a new jersey for making bowls. I know Kent State was promised that when my brother was an equipment manager there. They'll all probably still have the 150 patch on the helmets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Some speculation about throwbacks for Oregon in the Rose Bowl based on this new Jordan PE featuring throwback logos and colors

I’m still a bit skeptical that there’ll be a special throwback/one-off just based on those Jordan PE’s, as the past team-exclusive Jordans really haven’t related to the uniforms much at all. It’s certainly possible, but I’m still in a wait and see mode until there are more concrete rumors. Usually when the Ducks have a special uniform in the pipeline, there are rumors floating around for quite a while before it’s released. There really haven’t been many rumors until the last couple days.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

At this point, I'm thinking that unless Oregon gets a special uniform, they'll likely be wearing yellow helmets/apple green jerseys/yellow pants as that's the one main combo they've yet to wear.

Yep, that still seems like the most likely scenario IMO. Especially since they posted a graphic with Verdell in that combo earlier in the year, and they usually don’t take pics of players in combos that they don’t plan on wearing during the season.

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Good look at Ohio State’s throwback jerseys for the Fiesta Bowl:

Vapor Untouchable template, but otherwise they’re the same as the last time they were worn. Also note that there is no CFB150 patch, which helps prevent the jerseys from being extra cluttered now with the addition of the bowl patch. Chances are all four playoff teams will remove the CFB150 patch, but hopefully most teams in the other bowl games will do the same as well.

Black TV numbers... Very happy.

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The gray on the sleeves just looks better than the normal set (yeah yeah I know about Woody...and TIL Archie wore gray sleeves too) 

I just wish they'd keep those sleeves but use white shoulder numbers instead. Or if you're trying to make then 1968 appropriate, stitch them on top of the sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know it's just a recruiting promo pic. But the Huskies only wore gold or purple pants this year. This looks like white pants. Could be shorts or practice pants.

From what I read, Adidas planned on normal combos first year, but might start adding in some adidas specials next year.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

13 minutes ago, lilgump said:

I know it's just a recruiting promo pic. But the Huskies only wore gold or purple pants this year. This looks like white pants. Could be shorts or practice pants.

From what I read, Adidas planned on normal combos first year, but might start adding in some adidas specials next year.

They showed off white pants (as well as the purple chrome lids) back in July at their private uniform reveal event, so it seems like they definitely have them available, but just haven’t worn them this year.

spacer.png

Speaking of UW, their opponents for this Saturday’s Las Vegas Bowl, Boise State, will be in white/white/blue:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

52 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Speaking of UW, their opponents for this Saturday’s Las Vegas Bowl, Boise State, will be in white/white/blue:

spacer.png

Great uniform made less so by a horrible helmet logo design. Not only is it the wrong version for a white background (doing a lazy reverse which is why the highlight on the nose is a shadow), the extra large logo just looks a complete mess. 

As expected, LSU will be going with their home whites for the Peach Bowl:

spacer.png
And just like Ohio State, no CFB150 patch on the jerseys. Definitely seems like the playoff teams will go without the CFB150 patch, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case for all of the teams in NY6 bowls.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 12/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, WSU151 said:

The gray on the sleeves just looks better than the normal set (yeah yeah I know about Woody...and TIL Archie wore gray sleeves too) 

I’m very torn on this. I think the throwback sleeve stripe works pretty well on the home jersey, but the road version clashes with the helmet and pant stripe because they’re too close but not the same.

As for the current, I thought that I just didn’t like this stripe pattern when the center band was the same color as the jersey, but I realized I just don’t like Forida’s, and it’s because they do it on the white jersey. I think the Buckeyes’ version on the home jersey is fine, and I actually like the road version even better.

That said, I always thought it would be interesting to double up the current stripe pattern and create a hybrid of the classic and current. It would be a bit like the sleeve stripe the Cardinals used to wear, and I’d even be interested in seeing how the home version looks with grey instead of red as the center bands.

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I’m very torn on this. I think the throwback sleeve stripe works pretty well on the home jersey, but the road version clashes with the helmet and pant stripe because they’re too close but not the same.

As for the current, I thought that I just didn’t like this stripe pattern when the center band was the same color as the jersey, but I realized I just don’t like Forida’s, and it’s because they do it on the white jersey. I think the Buckeyes’ version on the home jersey is fine, and I actually like the road version even better.

That said, I always thought it would be interesting to double up the current stripe pattern and create a hybrid of the classic and current. It would be a bit like the sleeve stripe the Cardinals used to wear, and I’d even be interested in seeing how the home version looks with grey instead of red as the center bands.

spacer.png

Interesting.  I think Ohio State's away/white uniform is better than the home/scarlet, both the current AND throwback sets.  I would be interested to see how that double stripe works with the current fit and stitching of Nike uniforms.  I feel like it could be come too cramped, or neutered, or smooshed. 

Tropical Smoothie Cafe Takes Over As Title Sponsor Of Frisco Bowl

December 20, 2019 - 00:06 AM

Earlier this year, the Frisco Bowl announced a multi-year partnership with Tropical Smoothie Cafe to be the title sponsor of its annual college football bowl game held at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. “Tropical Smoothie Cafe is thrilled to partner […]

Read More...

13 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Interesting.  I think Ohio State's away/white uniform is better than the home/scarlet, both the current AND throwback sets.  I would be interested to see how that double stripe works with the current fit and stitching of Nike uniforms.  I feel like it could be come too cramped, or neutered, or smooshed. 

If they can fit the full throwback stripe on there, they can fit two of the current stripe. I don’t know if it would be the best of the three, but I think it’s an interesting idea to get a little bit of classic and a little bit of current. Part of the reason why I generally favor the current stripe over the throwback one is it fits better on a modern jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived