College Football 2019

29texan

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like Oregon State will be revealing new uniforms on April 20th:

Hopefully they’re similar to the Retro Benny uniforms from this past season:

spacer.png

If I had to guess I’d say they’ll be somewhat similar to those, but with their proprietary number font and the current beaver logo instead of the Retro Benny logo.

But do they have notches?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won’t, but Oregon state should roll with the Retro Benny uniforms as they are, vintage logo and everything. Just add a white jersey and black pants, an orange jersey if they must, and call it a day. Don’t overthink it.

Just now, 8BW14 said:

They won’t, but Oregon state should roll with the Retro Benny uniforms as they are. Just add a white jersey and black pants, an orange jersey if they must, and call it a day. Don’t overthink it.

They need to address those numbers though.. orange on black is less than ideal

Just now, WavePunter said:

They need to address those numbers though.. orange on black is less than ideal

I don’t know, I think it works. I don’t see any legibility issues here:spacer.png

spacer.png

Its an absolutely beautiful uniform. Outlines are generally unnecessary and white numbers throw off the color balance, IMO.

They’re not bad in the sun, but in shadow they can become nearly invisible. Same problem the Browns have with their color rush uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I don’t know, I think it works. I don’t see any legibility issues here:spacer.png

spacer.png

Its an absolutely beautiful uniform. Outlines are generally unnecessary and white numbers throw off the color balance, IMO.

Legibility issues rarely present themselves in still photos.. but for press box personnel and film study, etc, colored numbers on colored jerseys are a nightmare.. 

Also, I don't see how it could throw off the color balance, since nearly every team at every level makes it work.. also, it was their look prior 2013, and for the majority of their existence, so they have made it work themselves..

Also, just looks very high school  and/or baseball/basketball to me.. the proper football aesthetic is metallic (white/yellow/gold/silver/grey) numbers on colored jerseys.. 

6 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Legibility issues rarely present themselves in still photos.. but for press box personnel and film study, etc, colored numbers on colored jerseys are a nightmare.. 

Also, I don't see how it could throw off the color balance, since nearly every team at every level makes it work.. also, it was their look prior 2013, and for the majority of their existence, so they have made it work themselves..

Also, just looks very high school  and/or baseball/basketball to me.. the proper football aesthetic is metallic (white/yellow/gold/silver/grey) numbers on colored jerseys.. 

Okay, normally I’d agree with you on pretty much all of your points. Objectively, white numbers would be better. I just really like what that uniforms represents in the Giant Killers. Those jerseys had orange numbers. That was a huge moment in the history of the program. That’s really cool. Uniform aesthetics aren’t entirely objective, that’s why we spend so much time talking about the stuff around here. The orange numbers do have a very amateur/retro feel and I like that for this uniform. I know the numbers SHOULD be white, but damnit, I like the orange ones.

23 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Okay, normally I’d agree with you on pretty much all of your points. Objectively, white numbers would be better. I just really like what that uniforms represents in the Giant Killers. Those jerseys had orange numbers. That was a huge moment in the history of the program. That’s really cool. Uniform aesthetics aren’t entirely objective, that’s why we spend so much time talking about the stuff around here. The orange numbers do have a very amateur/retro feel and I like that for this uniform. I know the numbers SHOULD be white, but damnit, I like the orange ones.

I might not agree with this opinion, but I can't help but respect it!

On 3/23/2019 at 11:17 AM, upperV03 said:

Looks like Oregon State will be revealing new uniforms on April 20th:

Hopefully they’re similar to the Retro Benny uniforms from this past season:

spacer.png

If I had to guess I’d say they’ll be somewhat similar to those, but with their proprietary number font and the current beaver logo instead of the Retro Benny logo.

Image result for oregon state football uniforms

They've already gotten rid of the facemask stripes so no need to address those. 

But: 

Maybe make the helmet stripes a touch smaller

Dump the bronze/gold whatever color it is

White w/orange outlined numbers on the black jerseys 

Straighten out the sleeve stripes and make them big but not big enough to take up the whole sleeve cap

Don't cut off the pants stripe. 

Do those things and you could have a modern take on the popular Retro Benny uniforms. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, BearW17hNoName said:

The Baylor Bears have been teasing new uniforms. If the graphics being used are any indication, it seems like the team is switching from Vegas gold back to a more traditional gold. The number font has also received a few tweaks, making the numbers less jagged and more rounded.spacer.png

spacer.png

The latest teaser from Baylor. Now we have a look at the letter font. Plus, they're really emphasizing brand unification across all of the athletic department, hence the word "united."

On 3/22/2019 at 9:21 AM, Gupti said:

I’m speaking very specifically about those “cut-out” inner notches that started with MSU. Every team that’s tried to use them since looked at MSU for inspiration.

yes, I am talking about the same thing you are. MSU was not the first. There's even photographic evidence within this very thread.

Think this will be a good switch for Baylor. The gold they’ve always used in football looks good on the helmets, but without Metallic pants to match it’s a terrible look. Hopefully black and volt will be gone completely as well and colors will be standardized across all sports.

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

That could be a nice upgrade for Baylor.  The current colors seem a bit... idk, drab at times

Image result for jalen hurd baylor football

Hopefully this means the end of their volt basketball uniforms as well

Anything other than volt is drab imo.  Not looking forward to this.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Anything other than volt is drab imo.  Not looking forward to this.

You think bright golden yellow is drab? I'm going blind just thinking about how you decorate your home.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

That could be a nice upgrade for Baylor.  The current colors seem a bit... idk, drab at times

Image result for jalen hurd baylor football

Hopefully this means the end of their volt basketball uniforms as well

That would be a great helmet if it were metallic green or satin. Basic matte drabs it up a bit.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

56 minutes ago, burgundy said:

You think bright golden yellow is drab? I'm going blind just thinking about how you decorate your home.

Bright?  All I see is the same athletic gold so many other teams use.

I wish I could have neon colors in my home!  My wife wouldn't go for that haha

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived