College Football 2019

29texan

Penn State Nittany Lions To Honor Wally Triplett, 1948 Cotton Bowl Team With Helmet Decal

December 27, 2019 - 22:42 PM

Tenth-ranked Penn State announced on Friday afternoon it will honor Wally Triplett and the 1948 Nittany Lions football team by wearing a helmet decal during Saturday’s Goodyear Cotton Bowl against No. 17 Memphis (12 p.m. on ESPN). “I think it’s […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

LSU/Oklahoma field looks like crap. I have no pics, just saw it though on the halftime show of the Pinstripe Bowl.

Looks okay to me. Not great, but fairly unremarkable.

spacer.png

I’d have preferred colored end zones but it’s not bad. The playoff logo looks weird with black laces instead of the usual white.

would it kill schools like Ok ST and LaTech to mix in some colored pants/ helmets in the bowl season? I can buy wearing all white early in the year when it's hot, but not now. You too Air Force!

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Iowa Hawkeyes To Honor Late Coach Hayden Fry, Athletic Director Bump Elliott With Holiday Bowl Helmets

December 28, 2019 - 02:30 AM

Sixteenth-ranked Iowa will honor former head coach Hayden Fry and long-time athletic director Chalmers “Bump” Elliott, who both died earlier this month, with a special helmet design during the Holiday Bowl against No. 22 USC on Friday night (8 p.m. […]

Read More...

5 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

would it kill schools like Ok ST and LaTech to mix in some colored pants/ helmets in the bowl season? I can buy wearing all white early in the year when it's hot, but not now. You too Air Force!

I really miss LA Tech's classic red helmet.   OSU should have more orange. AFA looked fine as WSU had no white element today. 

6 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Air Force looked great in all white. They even switched up their facemasks to match.

12272019_football_213025-780x1017.jpg

usatsi_11427328.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

I’d have preferred colored end zones but it’s not bad. The playoff logo looks weird with black laces instead of the usual white.

That’s OU’s old endzone wordmark. The one they haven’t used in two season.

Last year’s CFP Semifinal had their correct endzone wordmark. Weird...

7 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Air Force looked great in all white. They even switched up their facemasks to match.

12272019_football_213025-780x1017.jpg

usatsi_11427328.jpg

Oh I think they looked fine, but all white is killing me. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

Maybe I had /saw a bad angle. A low, field level shot. Looked like the endzone playoff logos were washed out already, no painted endzones, and I know the field is turf, but I thought I noticed what looked like divits (sp?) all over the place. Kinda like what squirrels do to my backyard, looking for nuts. 

15 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

But it’s color rush! Icy whites! Nike told us kids like it and we can’t think for ourselves! What do you think these are, some kind of academic institutions?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Memphis. Biggest game in many years and you go with kewl all antricite. Boo. Should've stuck to clean school colors. Western Michigan understood the moment a few years back and avoided there more garish sets.   I wish Boise would have gone, they would have gone big game traditional with B/W/O. 

Archived