College Football 2019

29texan

3 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Memphis. Biggest game in many years and you go with kewl all antricite. Boo. Should've stuck to clean school colors. Western Michigan understood the moment a few years back and avoided there more garish sets.   I wish Boise would have gone, they would have gone big game traditional with B/W/O. 

Blue and gray literally are their school colors. I agree that they shouldn’t have gone all-grey, but it’s not GFGS in this case. We should just be glad they didn’t go with either of these combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Blue and gray literally are their school colors. I agree that they shouldn’t have gone all-grey, but it’s not GFGS in this case. We should just be glad they didn’t go with either of these combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sure but grey is really a trim color. I am a UW fan and I wouldn't want them in all gold for a rose bowl, nor my Seahawks in all green for the Super Bowl. Great year for Memphis though. 

2 hours ago, JPDesign said:

That’s OU’s old endzone wordmark. The one they haven’t used in two season.

Last year’s CFP Semifinal had their correct endzone wordmark. Weird...

Great catch! Even stranger, they have since changed course and made alterations to the field, which now appears to use the new word mark as well as the more familiar CFP logo with the white laces as opposed to the previous black laces.

I feel fairly certain that the field wasn’t still a work in progress on that other shot because it looked 100% finished. Even the old word mark had crisp contrasting outlines. It looks like they recognized a few mistakes on the field and took the time to correct them.

Minnesota will be wearing their 12th different helmet design next week in the Outback Bowl versus Auburn, going with the chrome lids and Goldy head decals on the left, block M on the right.

They've mixed and matched elements all season to have a new combo each week.

23dnb4u.gif

Auburn is the home team and expected to wear navy. Would guess the Gophers would wear white. Still no visuals on the jerseys yet.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Something about Memphis' use of tiger stripes just doesn't work for me... maybe it's the colors. In a vacuum, those sleeves wouldn't make me think tiger stripes at all. In gray or blue, it looks more like clouds or wind IMO.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Something about Memphis' use of tiger stripes just doesn't work for me... maybe it's the colors. In a vacuum, those sleeves wouldn't make me think tiger stripes at all. In gray or blue, it looks more like clouds or wind IMO.

Memphis Zebras! 

Actually, yeah, Zebra would be a cool mascot for an expansion team somewhere. We already have a trillion equine teams, but they're all horse-based. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

White tigers do exist?

In all seriousness though, throw some orange in and I’d pay for that to be the bengals uniforms

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

The fiesta bowl trophy is so ugly it's beautiful. And one of these teams should wear purple on the 12th. They won't, but they should. 

Only way that would've happened is if Nike unveiled something for everyone other than Ohio State. I just wonder how awful LSU's end zone is going to look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Just out of curiosity, how many instances have their been where both championship contenders wore some purple, in any sport? It’s the rarest color to find. I might be stupid, but I can’t think of another example. 

Well... the D3 championship had about 10+ years of purple teams playing against each other between Mt. Union, Wisconsin-Whtewater, and Mary Hardin Baylor

Archived