College Football 2019

29texan

8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Just out of curiosity, how many instances have their been where both championship contenders wore some purple, in any sport? It’s the rarest color to find. I might be stupid, but I can’t think of another example. 

Not in the Championship game, but this years college FCS (I still call it I-AA ) playoffs there were two games like that: JMU/UNI and JMU/Weber St.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The golden gophers need to

scrap metallic gold. I know that’s somewhat contradictory for the GOLDen gophers but it looks terrible. And who decided metallic gold had to always be a tan shade of gold? Why can’t it be more yellow?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Oregon going chrome/dark green/dark green for the Rose Bowl:

These are also new chrome helmets, different from the ones worn earlier this season against UW and for the last few seasons. Instead of silver wings, the wings on these are Nightmare green, as is the facemask. The whole combo is essentially a fauxback to the 2012 Rose Bowl combo:

spacer.png

Leading up to this reveal, there was a lot of noise about them possibly going with ‘94 throwbacks, and I personally was thinking they might just go yellow/green/yellow, so I’m pretty surprised to see this. I’m a bit disappointed, as they’ve already worn the full Nightmare green set twice, but I do like the addition of the new chrome helmets, and the whole combo should look pretty sharp.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon going chrome/dark green/dark green for the Rose Bowl:

These are also new chrome helmets, different from the ones worn earlier this season against UW and for the last few seasons. Instead of silver wings, the wings on these are Nightmare green, as is the facemask. The whole combo is essentially a fauxback to the 2012 Rose Bowl combo:

spacer.png

Leading up to this reveal, there was a lot of noise about them possibly going with ‘94 throwbacks, and I personally was thinking they might just go yellow/green/yellow, so I’m pretty surprised to see this. I’m a bit disappointed, as they’ve already worn the full Nightmare green set twice, but I do like the addition of the new chrome helmets, and the whole combo should look pretty sharp.

If this were a true night game they would look good. Since most of the game is in daylight it will look horrible. Monochrome most likely for both teams but Wisconsin should wear red pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The black TV numbers are bad but why did Ohio State ever change their sleeve design? This is so much better.

Those sleeves are miles better, maybe if they outlined the tv numbers in silver it would be fine 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

11 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

Those sleeves are miles better, maybe if they outlined the tv numbers in silver it would be fine 

I'd prefer they go with the 1970-2007 design which had the large white shoulder numbers. Silver outline wouldn't help those shoulder numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If this were a true night game they would look good. Since most of the game is in daylight it will look horrible. Monochrome most likely for both teams but Wisconsin should wear red pants.

Ever since Barry Alvarez has been at the school, if wearing the white tops at the Rose Bowl, it's been red pants, which are never used otherwise (I think once  under Gary Anderson and once under Bielema during the regular season). The 2012 game against Oregon was the only time they went all white, but they had special Rose uniforms from Adidas. I'm very curious if they'll go all white with the white facemask, or red pants with red facemask. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Here is the 2012 game's Rose Uni's just for reference

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those Oregon uniforms are a terrible choice.  Too bad, wearing that bright green against Wisconsin's white and red would have been awesome, but whenever it's possible to make a brain dead uniform choice, the Ducks can be counted on to do it.

Oregon 'gon Oregon. 

At this point it's like seeing whatever plaid-and-stripe combo your half-blind grandpa dressed himself with in the dark. 

Also, Wisconsin looks objectively better with red pants. Source: I watch 5-7 Nebraska road games every year. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Appears cal will be doing a white out for the bowl game....? or at least possibly a white helmet. I hope it is just a white helmet with the same matte finsih as the regular shell with blue lettering instead of gold/yellow ; if this is it we will look like BYU

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I too am a bit disappointed to not see the Ducks go with the apple green (preferably in the yellow/green/yellow combo), but I don’t mind what they’re going with at all, especially as an homage to their 2012 Rose Bowl combo. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I too am a bit disappointed to not see the Ducks go with the apple green (preferably in the yellow/green/yellow combo), but I don’t mind what they’re going with at all, especially as an homage to their 2012 Rose Bowl combo. 

Just because it’s homage to another bad uniform doesn’t mean it’s not a bad uniform

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived