College Football 2019

29texan

10 minutes ago, dont care said:

We get it you are an oregon homer. You can agree to disagree all you want. Doesn’t change that the majority of us find their uniforms unbearable. 

You need to relax man. Your complaining is getting as unbearable as you claim the Oregon unis are. They’re pretty plain, conservative uniforms by Oregon standards. I wish they wore more apple green combos, especially in this game. YGY vs WWR would’ve been unbelievable, but oh well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RayFinkle said:

Oh lordy. This UVA/UF matchup.

Blech.

well, it does sorta look like an intrasquad game, but at least they are wearing school colors. UVa stripe consistency is great. Love the matte white helmet but hate the numbers on one side (at least the number fonts match the jerseys) SOCLOSE. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

What makes it "blech", Ray? Is it because their color schemes are close together?

I definitely like it. It's color on color with no "monochrome", and both sides are wearing arguably their best looks.

spacer.png

Almost looks like the Miami Hurricanes vs the Florida Gators...

10 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

just heard Desmond Howard voice his displeasure with the Ducks choice of Olive green unis for Rose Bowl. 

Even a broken clock is still right twice a day. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

16 hours ago, dont care said:

We get it you are an oregon homer. You can agree to disagree all you want. Doesn’t change that the majority of us find their uniforms unbearable. 

A large number of people sharing a particular opinion doesn’t make it magically correct.

After all, this is a team that once wore diamond plate on its uniforms, freely mixed dark green, bright yellow, black, silver, chrome, and carbon fiber elements with absolutely no regard for the principles of design, used inexplicably different wing designs on its helmet and jersey for, like, three cycles in a row, and wore neon yellow and dark grey for what was, at the time, the biggest game the team ever played and could have been its biggest accomplishment in a century of football.

What they’re wearing now are the Raiders’ uniforms compared to the the Buccaneers’ uniforms, and they should be commended for that. It’s progress.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

37 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

A large number of people sharing a particular opinion doesn’t make it magically correct.

After all, this is a team that once wore diamond plate on its uniforms, freely mixed dark green, bright yellow, black, silver, chrome, and carbon fiber elements with absolutely no regard for the principles of design, used inexplicably different wing designs on its helmet and jersey for, like, three cycles in a row, and wore neon yellow and dark grey for what was, at the time, the biggest game the team ever played and could have been its biggest accomplishment in a century of football.

What they’re wearing now are the Raiders’ uniforms compared to the the Buccaneers’ uniforms, and they should be commended for that. It’s progress.

I despise the color scheme but I agree with your statement. Compared to Oregon's uniforms in the past 20 years, these are actually pretty plain and a bit more traditional looking.

Now about the helmet...chrome is a fad that should have completely gone away by now.

15 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

What makes it "blech", Ray? Is it because their color schemes are close together?

I definitely like it. It's color on color with no "monochrome", and both sides are wearing arguably their best looks.

spacer.png

Yeah I think the colors were just a bit too close, for me. But, the more I watched, it did grow on me a little. Not too much though. 😋

Nice endzones for that game, especially UVAs.

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I understand where you’re coming from, and it is indeed progress, so some kudos to them for that. But I can commend said progress while still maintaining it’s a poor uniform and that Oregon still has some bad habits they haven’t dropped yet.

The chrome helmet is not only a fad that’s run much too long a course in general, but does not go with anything else on the uniform. Sure the wings are mud green, but there’s no other silvery element from the neck down that justifies any use of chrome a chrome shell on the helmet whatsoever and looks terribly out of place. The chrome isn’t there to look good, it’s there to be “cool”, and lends some evidence to me that that is what Oregon still concerns itself with. A yellow shell matches and looks good (as well as balanced). Chrome does not.

The green they are wearing is terrible. Sometimes it looks black, sometimes it looks vaguely piney, sometimes it looks like mud. It’s not a pleasant color and is not a necessary color either when they have a nice Apple green and a better forest green to choose from. And why do you have to have another green anyways? If you want to wear something that dark, why not just wear black? Again, Oregon still tends to concern itself philosophically with the wrong things. “Cool/different” =/= good. They’re getting better as other combos suggest, yes, but the scale is still tipping the wrong way when you bust this kind of combo out at all, let alone the Rose Bowl.

They’ve learned one mistake from the 2012 Rose Bowl set; the yellow numbers are a much better contrast than the duck feather ones they had before. I’ll gladly give them applause for figuring that out, and again, that is some progress. But they’ve still got a ways to go in my opinion overall.

Once they stick with consistent colors, drop chrome and other unnecessary colors, and start designing stuff meant to last and not be a walking fad year after year like they’re obsessed with being, then they’ll be much better off. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived