College Football 2019

29texan

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

They'll be painted next week and a half for the championship. Each bowl has their own style and the bigger bowls usually do a good job of field design. 

Thanks. I didn't even know the Title game was in New Orleans. Which stinks! I do not like football being played indoors on fake grass. Ughh!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Georgia looks like its wearing white for sugar bowl. Seems odd, are they not the home team? 

Hmmmmm they did wear white, and they were the higher ranked team, so I am not sure how the teams get to be home or away for bowl games. Coin flip right after the matchup is announced?

17 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

Hmmmmm they did wear white, and they were the higher ranked team, so I am not sure how the teams get to be home or away for bowl games. Coin flip right after the matchup is announced?

Higher seed is usually designated the home team unless a bowl game has conference tie-ins. Rose Bowl rotated between the conferences until the BCS and now CFP kicked in. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Higher seed is usually designated the home team unless a bowl game has conference tie-ins. Rose Bowl rotated between the conferences until the BCS and now CFP kicked in. 

oh you are correct, the Sugar Bowl is SEC Big 12 game. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I hope they color in the end zones for the National Championship even if its black. I cant remember the last time other than the super bowl that they painted the end zones even for the National Championship. My favorite part about the rose bowl is the tiny sliver of grass between the end zone paint and the out of bounds lines.

I am pretty sure they painted the endzones black ever since the CFP started. Black endzones with the Teams wordmark/design from their own home stadium endzones, and the CFP logo in the corner of the black endzone.

Agree about the Rose Bowl and their endzone template/design. 

11 hours ago, crosfam said:

No photos yet of National Championship jerseys with 2020 patches?  Assume LSU in white vs Clemson in all orange. Would love to see some purple. 

I'd say we see pics later this week once media events start happening.  I would assume the teams arrive in New Orleans in the next day or so.

25 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'd say we see pics later this week once media events start happening.  I would assume the teams arrive in New Orleans in the next day or so.

Nike will have them in their pajama outfits for most of the media stuff, but I wouldn't expect any changes from years past for the jersey patches. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

47 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

I am hoping for yellow too.

Clemson in orange or white pants? Or have the unis been announced and I just missed it? 

I have to imagine they'll be in orange pants. As far as I can remember, they've worn orange pants for every playoff game in the past 4 years.

Honestly, it's one of the few instances of monochrome I actually like, so I kinda hope they keep the trend going.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Clemson seems to have a tradition going where they wear orange pants in big games (conference championships, bowls, CFP, etc) so I’m sure they go mono-orange here, with LSU in yellow-white-yellow as always. Should be a good looking game.

ExJworW.png

Archived