College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added this to our bowl preview story yesterday, but here's another look at LSU's jerseys with the 2020 patch. Will be the second time a higher-ranked seed is wearing white in the national championship (Oregon in 2015) and first time that a team wears this patch on the right shoulder. 

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Added this to our bowl preview story yesterday, but here's another look at LSU's jerseys with the 2020 patch. Will be the second time a higher-ranked seed is wearing white in the national championship (Oregon in 2015) and first time that a team wears this patch on the right shoulder. 

Hasn’t it always been on the right shoulder?

I'd love to see LSU in yellow / purple / yellow and Clemson in orange / orange / white. 

Highly unlikely there would ever be an all-color national championship game, but I'd like to see it. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

The year patch usually has black numbers when on a white jersey , right?

Great catch. Yes, it has always been a black patch on the white jerseys and a white patch on the dark jerseys. That’s a bizarre change considering the old format provided the best contrast. I wonder if LSU was shipped the wrong patches or if being the “home team” but wearing white screwed things up. If I recall, Oregon was higher ranked in their game and they still got the right patches despite wearing white.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In addition to the wrong patch on LSU, this might also be the first CFP national championship without black end zones. Not sure how I feel about this. The black often clashed with team colors but plain end zones feels much too boring for the biggest stage. If they don’t want to do team colored end zones, I’d still take black over the grass colored ones.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

In addition to the wrong patch on LSU, this might also be the first CFP national championship without black end zones. Not sure how I feel about this. The black often clashed with team colors but plain end zones feels much too boring for the biggest stage. If they don’t want to do team colored end zones, I’d still take black over the grass colored ones.

The superdome never paints the endzones. Perhaps they only have one field and just paint it and cleaning off a painted endzone would be too much work/money? Other stadiums have multiple turfs for college and pros and can swap out the endzones.

That’s their second big bowl in just weeks. They can afford other turf. They’re lazy/cheap and somehow the CFP people are caving in to NO. 

CFP was actually building a decent branding. But now they’re letting teams/stadiums dictate certain things 

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I like this better than black end zones. Personally I'd rather they have team colors in the end zones. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It is very refreshing to not have a red team in the CFP finals for a change. I know Clemson has been in it for the past several years, but to not see Bama in the game is a nice change of pace. 

I noticed the white number patches for LSU the other day on twitter and thought that it looked strange. Definitely would be better with Black numbers

I have never enjoyed watching a game in the Super Dome. Saints games or any college game that's played in there always feel dingy and the colors look awful. I wish they would upgrade their lighting or something. The fact that they don't paint their endzones makes it worse. 

Missed opportunity to have the endzones read "Tigers" and "Tigrauerauxs" or whatever. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

21 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The superdome never paints the endzones. Perhaps they only have one field and just paint it and cleaning off a painted endzone would be too much work/money? Other stadiums have multiple turfs for college and pros and can swap out the endzones.

Recently, the Saints and SMG, the Superdome's facility manager, split the cost for a new turf every summer for the last like four years.

The only one I know of with multiple turfs is ATT&T Stadium but don't always switch them out as some UIL games are on the Cowboys field with the hash marks and Xs for the numbers chalked on.

Archived