College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

Florida could actually pull off the prank next year if they don’t get the IT guy to model it 

The guy modeling it is Kent Fuchs, the president of UF, and the Jersey is made to resemble the regalia that he wears to give commencement speeches. It’s well damn done, IMO, even if it’s something that only students will get.

14 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Pitt finally has a good looking panther logo...never thought I'd see that happen.

This thing is a disaster.

spacer.png

And this is the definition of "Polishing a turd".

spacer.png

I like the new one. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I dislike Iowa's number font.

spacer.png

I just figured this was as good of a place as any to say so.

Definitely unique(ish), definitely not good. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Here we go with Pitt's redesigns. The website is still currently locked on their teaser image - every single url. 

On first glance, it looks as though they took an archway/pointy-thing from a campus building and ran with it. The number font has an awkward point at the top mimicking this (especially the 2) and the pants stripe has it sublimated a bit too boldly for my liking. Overall, it's a win. Want to see more photos.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I actually really like the sublimated pattern in the helmet and pant stripes. And I don’t mind the number font too much either. Glad they pretty much just tweaked the throwbacks, though some sleeve stripes would’ve been nice.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Cool new look for Pitt. I'd would have rather put the new panther head on the sleeves and move the numbers to the shoulders (without a collar logo), but it's a good look nonetheless.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Wearing just the jersey alone without the helmet nothing screams Pitt to me. As a fan who wears Pitt apparel all the time. I will wear this jersey and without Pitt on the collar a lot people will have no idea what school I am wearing,  big miss taking Script Pitt off the collar. The secondary head should been put above the nameplate on the back if used and should kept white numbers on the home jersey and kept the grey face masks. I'm sure they will grow on me as the seaon goes on but that first home opener in going to be a little off. 

Pitt is a great modernization of the old look. Nothing too crazy and they didn’t try to reinvent the wheel when the throwback was so popular. I agree that white numbers look better on the blue jersey, but it’s a great look nonetheless. The pattern in the stripes will only be noticed up close. Curious to see the entire number set. The 19 looks okay, but the 33 looks wonky.

Couple more looks:

Also:

I’ll be that guy and say that I don’t really like Pitt in royal blue and yellow. The new number font and sublimation feel very kitschy. It cheapens the whole look. The throwbacks were fine but the yellow should be more mustardy, like the Marino years.

Navy and gold feels more like Pitt to me. I didn’t have any problem with their previous set aside from the gap outline on the numbers. I even liked the navy helmets. I think if they wanted to change things up, navy and mustard was the way to go.

Archived