College Football 2019

29texan

Penn State’s “Generations of Greatness” Throwback Uniform to Return

April 13, 2019 - 21:14 PM

Penn State announced during its Spring Game on Saturday the return of its “Generations of Greatness” throwback uniform for the Oct. 5 Homecoming matchup with Purdue.  The uniforms — which were first worn during a 45-14 win over Indiana in […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at everything today...

Baylor: 

Went with the wrong gold if they wanted unity. Should’ve used the metallic gold. Other than that, still a downgrade. The last set was pretty damn good with the shoulder paws. All they needed to do was drop the black and gray sets. Not bad, but still a downgrade.

Grade: C+

West Virginia:

Unpopular Opinion, I loved the last set. All they should’ve done was replace the black on the navy jerseys with navy, and put the new font on. They new uniforms aren’t bad, but I get too much of a Cal vibe from them. I like the new set, but I liked the last one a little more.

Grade: B

Michigan State:

Completely ignoring the lime green for a second, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT WORDMARK???? It gets cut off a bit at the sleeves! For the love of God and all things Holy, make it smaller! That’s my biggest issue here, the lime green is overshadowed by the size of the wordmark if you ask me. I don’t like word marks on football jerseys, but I’ve tended to make an exception for colleges, but this can’t be accepted even with that exception. As for the green, GTFO. I know the basketball team has done it a couple times, but it still looks bad. Why couldn’t they bring back the bronze and black alternates if they wanted a non-school color on the alt? 

Grade: spacer.png

Just be glad Michigan State's alternate is just an alternate. It probably won't last more than two years... but oof! Neon sucks and lettering should never be that big.

West Virginia got it right. The numbers are better, plus the shoulder caps and black are gone. This was a good clean-up.

Baylor could've added a little more "flare", but I'll take these over an overly-designed mess. I never liked the metallic gold; it just made for a dreary look. I'm happy to see yellow gold introduced.

IMO Michigan State's new uniform would be a little more palatable if they simply rolled with just had the darker green and neon green on the uniform. Looks like Nike gave up halfway through the design phase and didn't bother to change the number color but yet still had time to switch to a narrow, white stripe on the helmet.

West Virginia is nice enough. I could go for a double stripe on the pants and I’d lose the white helmet. I also like the gray for them and it’s one situation where I think anthracite would be appropriate

It's unfair that WVU's gray set has a bit of gold, while the white set has none of it, even in the collar logo. It's just one gold number trim away from being perfect. But the rest is a huge upgrade.

twitter2.jpg?width=1440&quality=80&forma

D34CCgLXsAEr0JO.jpg

I'm fine with Mizzou going back to a more traditional look, but let's hope the jerseys/pants match the traditional striping of the helmets.

aaaaannnd nope

D4ECMhqXkAQGxOz.jpg

Not a fan of the black paw on black helmet.  From a distance you just see a tiny M.

9 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

twitter2.jpg?width=1440&quality=80&forma

D34CCgLXsAEr0JO.jpg

I'm fine with Mizzou going back to a more traditional look, but let's hope the jerseys/pants match the traditional striping of the helmets.

aaaaannnd nope

D4ECMhqXkAQGxOz.jpg

Not a fan of the black paw on black helmet.  From a distance you just see a tiny M.

It's the spring game, they won't break out new sets for this. I've only seen Oregon do that and those were given away to military and veterans. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

aaaaannnd nope

D4ECMhqXkAQGxOz.jpg

I'm a huge fan of that helmet (Missouri's tiger paw logo is a joy for me due to nostalgia), but yeah, it doesn't go with the pants. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Hopefully that's the default combo for Baylor.

Since Michigan State is planning to wear these vs Arizona State I hope the Sun Devils try to wear the gaudiest thing possible to that game. 

I’d have the Devils wear the maroon/gold/maroon set. Traditional vs whatever the hell Michigan State is wearing 

Archived