College Football 2019

29texan

On 4/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, Webfooter said:

Oregon State's new uniforms have been released.  Not a bad look for them and the consistency in the striping/colors allows for easy mix-and-match ability.

The consistency is great.  My only gripe is the shoulder strip thickness doesn't match the pants stripe thickness.  "Beavs" is pretty terrible.  The wood grain pattern is subtle and therefore not distracting on the numbers.  I don't love it, but no need to deduct points for it.  Its a bummer that the pants stripe doesn't go all the way to edge, but Nike always has to have some stupid reason why... "It helps the knee bend 0.00001254792 degree farther, thus increasing speed any quickness."  

I'm going to shock myself here, and its only because these uniforms are so well done witht heir consistency and uniformity... I wish they had a white helmet option.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/14/2019 at 11:08 AM, MJWalker45 said:

If they follow the Big Ten model to play a Power 5 team every year it can work. Pitt only plays 8 league games, but West Virginia still has Kansas every year. 

And to think if the ACC would of let WVU in years ago they would have had a natural rival game to end the year instead of Miami and Pitt playing to end the season. Just saying.

38 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

So, who do we have left now? Washington, Arizona, and who else? 

Any adidas school that didn't move over to the new template last year, maybe. I think Southern Miss will move over but not sure it will mean a change other than where the adidas logo goes and ditching the tire treads. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Hypnotic said:

And to think if the ACC would of let WVU in years ago they would have had a natural rival game to end the year instead of Miami and Pitt playing to end the season. Just saying.

All of WV's rivals were in the ACC. Made so much sense for the ACC to invite them smh.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

All of WV's rivals were in the ACC. Made so much sense for the ACC to invite them smh.

After losing Maryland, they should have added West Virginia and Pittsburgh. Syracuse is still a AAC/Big East team to me and Norte Dame having a football scheduling agreement with the ACC is just an odd choice.

17 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

After losing Maryland, they should have added West Virginia and Pittsburgh. Syracuse is still a AAC/Big East team to me and Norte Dame having a football scheduling agreement with the ACC is just an odd choice.

Pitt and Syracuse were invited into the ACC in the fall of 2011, Maryland didn't announce the move to the B1G until November 2012 and their replacement Louisville was invited to the ACC like a day or two after Maryland's announcement. West Virginia was never really on the ACC's radar.

43 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

Pitt and Syracuse were invited into the ACC in the fall of 2011, Maryland didn't announce the move to the B1G until November 2012 and their replacement Louisville was invited to the ACC like a day or two after Maryland's announcement. West Virginia was never really on the ACC's radar.

It still makes no sense that the ACC didn't bring in WVU and pissed around for a while and then brought Pitt, Cuse, and UL in. I think the ACC was pushing hard to get good bball schools in and at the time Pitt and Syracuse were really good fits. Fast Forward, Pitt's athletic profile is just horrid all around. Cuse is maintaining in bball and is just now getting back to the glory years in football. UL always good in basketball and has had recent success in football but is rebuilding. Say what you want but WVU has been a better overall athletic University than the above mentioned. Up until this year they have been consistent in basketball and football, better in other sports to. I still think the ACC from a football perspective was scared to bring in WVU back then. That was the Rich Rod era with Pat White and company, then Holgerson with Tavon Austin. Those WVU teams would of gave ACC teams hell because Clemson was not elite like it was back then and Miami and FSU were not at the top as usual.

Last thing I will post about WVU. A friend brought to my attention that another color "Anthracite" was included in the color palette for WVU moving forward. The black has been removed from the shoulders. The also stated that there will be another helmet option. Rumblings inside the program says there will be an all black/Anthracite uniform at some point even to the point of doing what Arkansas did a few years ago.

1.jpg

2.jpg

54 minutes ago, Hypnotic said:

It still makes no sense that the ACC didn't bring in WVU and pissed around for a while and then brought Pitt, Cuse, and UL in. I think the ACC was pushing hard to get good bball schools in and at the time Pitt and Syracuse were really good fits. Fast Forward, Pitt's athletic profile is just horrid all around. Cuse is maintaining in bball and is just now getting back to the glory years in football. UL always good in basketball and has had recent success in football but is rebuilding. Say what you want but WVU has been a better overall athletic University than the above mentioned. Up until this year they have been consistent in basketball and football, better in other sports to. I still think the ACC from a football perspective was scared to bring in WVU back then. That was the Rich Rod era with Pat White and company, then Holgerson with Tavon Austin. Those WVU teams would of gave ACC teams hell because Clemson was not elite like it was back then and Miami and FSU were not at the top as usual.

The ACC has long held a moral superiority over other conferences based on academics. Many folks, myself included, thought WVU would be a natural fit for the league but it seemed that many in power looked down their nose at WVU as it supposedly isn't the same caliber as the other ACC members. Of course, when Maryland bolted and they needed to fill another member UL was invited, a school which has never been on anyone's radar for having high academic standards (Not that I care, just common perception). Very frustrating to watch all of this unfold. Now living in Texas I see WVU come out here so often for games and I think how good it would've been to have them in the ACC. 

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

WVU doesn't seem like a good cultural fit for the ACC.  I think I'd put them in the SEC over the ACC (not that that's a great fit either though).  Overall, I've gotten used to life in the Big 12.  Definitely beats having them play in the American Conf.  In a perfect world they'd be in a North East/Mid Atlantic conference with like Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State, Maryland and others but as we all know that'll never happen.

90758391980.gif

42 minutes ago, Hypnotic said:

Last thing I will post about WVU. A friend brought to my attention that another color "Anthracite" was included in the color palette for WVU moving forward. The black has been removed from the shoulders. The also stated that there will be another helmet option. Rumblings inside the program says there will be an all black/Anthracite uniform at some point even to the point of doing what Arkansas did a few years ago.

1.jpg

Also, we're going to be seeing a lot more of the font used above in the words Color Palette.  I'm anticipating/dreading it'll be used with any and all WVU teams, which would be a shame because I love our current basketball uniforms and I don't need there to be that much cohesion.  

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Also, we're going to be seeing a lot more of the font used above in the words Color Palette.  I'm anticipating/dreading it'll be used with any and all WVU teams, which would be a shame because I love our current basketball uniforms and I don't need there to be that much cohesion.  I also think the SEC would of been nice. The fan base is rapid like the SEC. Taking Mizzou was the wrong move and they only did because of the Kansas City TV market. Mizzou's stadium looks like a high school one compared to WVU. If the SEC was to do it over again, they would pick WVU. Again like I said about Pitt, Syracuse, and UL. WVU has been better overall in sports for a longer period than Mizzou. I remember going to the WVU vs Mizzou opening weekend game in Morgantown and Mizzou fans barely traveled to it when Drew Lock was a red shirt freshman. This season WVU plays at Mizzou and watch how many WVU fans show up.

I'm okay with it. Plus they need to change the podium from that wood to something of a school color.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU doesn't seem like a good cultural fit for the ACC.  I think I'd put them in the SEC over the ACC (not that that's a great fit either though).  Overall, I've gotten used to life in the Big 12.  Definitely beats having them play in the American Conf.  In a perfect world they'd be in a North East/Mid Atlantic conference with like Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State, Maryland and others but as we all know that'll never happen.

As a person from Virginia I could agree more WV is considered south to some north to others and the culture is unique to me

Norfolk,VA Philadelphia,PA VMD,(Virginia Maryland DC)

Archived