College Football 2019

29texan

22 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Get rid of the outlines on the jersey numerals. So much flash on these unis (good) that they don't need flash on the numerals too. Restraint. 

The gold is needed for the black jersey but the outlines aren't so much on the white and red jerseys. They could toss the black outline and be good to go. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Yes, although they put those designs onto their newest, most "high tech" templates.. so, definitely traditional designs, but not "traditional" uniforms.. I was referencing the mesh body style, dazzle cowls, and spandex side panels when I said traditional uniforms, which Adidas still does a fine job of producing.. 

Oh, gotcha.  Agreed on that, too.  I've said it before, but for some reason the different Spaceman 4000 fabrics that Adidas rolls out look much different depending on the color of the jersey.  People griped about the tire tread UCLA uniforms and Tennessee, among others, but for whatever reason Nebraska's shade of red hides the tech knitting or whatever it's called.  UCLA's shade of blue showed EVERYTHING.  

It's like the NCAA equivalent of a slimming black cocktail dress.  Certain colors just magically hide fabric texture and the only thing I can think of is some wavelength/spectrum thing about certain colors being very strong.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

16 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Oh, gotcha.  Agreed on that, too.  I've said it before, but for some reason the different Spaceman 4000 fabrics that Adidas rolls out look much different depending on the color of the jersey.  People griped about the tire tread UCLA uniforms and Tennessee, among others, but for whatever reason Nebraska's shade of red hides the tech knitting or whatever it's called.  UCLA's shade of blue showed EVERYTHING.  

It's like the NCAA equivalent of a slimming black cocktail dress.  Certain colors just magically hide fabric texture and the only thing I can think of is some wavelength/spectrum thing about certain colors being very strong.

I always assumed it was just the way the fabric dye reacted to the different materials. Like if they use the same color of blue on the "traditional fabric" elements as the "elastic textile", it stands to reason that the color would "take" to the different materials differently, especially seeing as the elastic material seems to naturally be a bit darker.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, pianoknight said:

I think they deliberately use a slightly different shade of the color to knit the elastic zones so that their "technology" can be featured.. I say this because sometimes those areas are darker and sometimes they're lighter.. it's not consistent.. also, Texas A&M had black jerseys with maroon elastic zones, so it's definitely a different knit material/thread..

Also, it could stand to reason than red was matched better due to their premier programs (Wisconsin and Nebraska) being red and super traditional.. that's just my theory though

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I think they deliberately use a slightly different shade of the color to knit the elastic zones so that their "technology" can be featured.. I say this because sometimes those areas are darker and sometimes they're lighter.. it's not consistent.. also, Texas A&M had black jerseys with maroon elastic zones, so it's definitely a different knit material/thread..

Also, it could stand to reason than red was matched better due to their premier programs (Wisconsin and Nebraska) being red and super traditional.. that's just my theory though

True.  You'd think that if the threads were two different fabrics, they could at least color match them.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for GM or Toyota to color match fiberglass, aluminum, plastic and steel for a paint job. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Who cares if it falls a few pages? There’s no news right now. If there’s news it’ll still be posted. It’s not like just because this drops to the second page people won’t be able to find it if there’s something they need to post. 

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Who cares if it falls a few pages? There’s no news right now. If there’s news it’ll still be posted. It’s not like just because this drops to the second page people won’t be able to find it if there’s something they need to post. 

Exactly, we're in a quiet period, if theres news...it'll come back.

Heck, it wasnt even on page 2 for a week...

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

spacer.png

A quick look at what the CFB 150 patch will look like on Nebraska’s uniforms

Can't tell if they sacrificed the Big Ten logo or not but it looks like they did. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

56 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

They didn’t. It’s suggested to be above the conference patch, and the B1G logo sits even with the adidas patch that is under his left wrist.

So I'm guessing if Nebraska were to make a bowl that 150 patch would make way for the bowl patch. How many other teams will have that issue?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, pianoknight said:

spacer.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's at least three too many patches.

Agreed.  The "Winning Tradition" patch has been there for at least ~25 years, so it's not going anywhere.  The Adidas and B1G patches are just too much.  It's gonna start looking like NASCAR at this rate.

I wish they would have gone with stickers as an option.  For the 100th anniversary, most teams put stickers on the sides of their helmets, but Nebraska stuck it on the stripe, which I thought was cool.

1969-4.jpg

2000499647747607522.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

Was thinking about the extra patches thing.  Why couldn't they make a CFP150 patch that was part of the conference patch?

Just make separate ones that say ACC150, SEC150, etc. Yes, I understand that this might seem like a celebration of the Pac-12's 150th Anniversary, which is incorrect, but if all conferences did this I don't think it would really be an issue.  Plus, it helps unclutter the uniforms.  Most teams already have a couple patches for the conference, their outfitter, and/or possibly wordmarks (see: TEXAS) and team logos already on the front of uniforms.

5-minute photoshop, so excuse the sloppiness: 

DDiPqSA.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

Archived