Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Was thinking about the extra patches thing.  Why couldn't they make a CFP150 patch that was part of the conference patch?

 

Just make separate ones that say ACC150, SEC150, etc. Yes, I understand that this might seem like a celebration of the Pac-12's 150th Anniversary, which is incorrect, but if all conferences did this I don't think it would really be an issue.  Plus, it helps unclutter the uniforms.  Most teams already have a couple patches for the conference, their outfitter, and/or possibly wordmarks (see: TEXAS) and team logos already on the front of uniforms.

 

5-minute photoshop, so excuse the sloppiness: 

 

DDiPqSA.jpg

If you include"Years of College Football" underneath, you've covered your bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

which is incorrect, but if all conferences did this I don't think it would really be an issue

 

Strongly disagree lol

 

If you release something to the public hoping they catch on, they probably won't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nope:

spacer.png

 

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's at least three too many patches.

Ideally teams shouldn't need the conference patch, considering most fans know what team plays in what conference and whatnot. So in Nebraska's example, they'd keep the Winning Tradition patch and place the 150 patch where the B1G patch is at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

 

Ideally teams shouldn't need the conference patch, considering most fans know what team plays in what conference and whatnot. So in Nebraska's example, they'd keep the Winning Tradition patch and place the 150 patch where the B1G patch is at.

 

Or just get rid of patches on football uniforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

 

Or just get rid of patches on football uniforms. 

Since the leagues require them that won't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

 

Or just get rid of patches on football uniforms. 

 

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since the leagues require them that won't happen. 

 

I can't speak for other teams, but we've had the shoulder patch since at least the late 80s / early 90s.  It's just become one of those uniform quirks/traditions, like the Buckeyes/FSU helmet stickers, the Chicago Bears having GSH on the sleeves or the Steelers having a one-sided helmet logo.  I realize 30 years isn't as long as some of those other traditions, but it's still long enough I don't see the patch being taken off.

 

1991-game-10-photo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a Nebraska fan, and I’ve never been in love with the Winning Tradition patch. It’s always seemed as a cheap way to remind us of when we were good during these last 20 years of not winning crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’m a Nebraska fan, and I’ve never been in love with the Winning Tradition patch. It’s always seemed as a cheap way to remind us of when we were good during these last 20 years of not winning crap.

 

What's hilarious to me is that we were able to endure 20 years of mediocrity, and still be a top ten team in terms of wins, bowls, titles, etc. When you win 10+ games for 25 years in a row, you tend to build up a pretty good buffer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never realized that thing actually says "winning tradition" on it. That feels... I dunno... kinda needy, or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've never really liked it aesthetically, and now that I know what it says, I like it less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I never realized that thing actually says "winning tradition" on it. That feels... I dunno... kinda needy, or something.

 

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Yeah, I've never really liked it aesthetically, and now that I know what it says, I like it less

 

Maybe it should say Row The Boat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

I'd hope they keep their current uniforms but potentially throw in a third uniform option that's not too out there. NDSU looked pretty good last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd hope they keep their current uniforms but potentially throw in a third uniform option that's not too out there. NDSU looked pretty good last year. 

 

KSU has a timeless look.  I really hope they don't mess it up.  An alternate, sure, but please don't screw up one of the most perfect uniforms in NCAA football. 

 

They even match the helmet and pants colors, for crying out loud.  Call up the Dallas Cowboys, somebody. 

 

SPRING_GAME_alex_barnes_040.jpg?width=10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

 

KSU has a timeless look.  I really hope they don't mess it up.  An alternate, sure, but please don't screw up one of the most perfect uniforms in NCAA football. 

 

They even match the helmet and pants colors, for crying out loud.  Call up the Dallas Cowboys, somebody. 

 

SPRING_GAME_alex_barnes_040.jpg?width=10

They could change nothing on the jerseys and add purple and white pants options and that would be perfect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Reading that article, it's pretty obvious he wants to do something stupid and ugly.

 

Watching the video interview of him reaffirms this position.  He's clearly trying to undersell it by mentioning that it'll be subtle, but yet still a difference.

 

Here's hoping KSU doesn't go full Purple Ranger on us.

 

6322707-purple%202.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve said this here before, but Kansas State has one of the most underrated looks in the nation. It’s a very solid, very sharp, very fundamentally great uniform. I’d really hate to see it messed with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MOD EDIT: Forum guidelines state no discussion of Native American naming controversies.

Edited by officeglenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.