College Football 2019

29texan

Sorry mods, didn't realize there was a rule in place about Native American naming controversies.  I've been on this board long enough to remember when we had arguments about those topics.  Wasn't trying to start another one, was just reporting a story I heard.

---------------

Moving on, did anyone see this uniform for Furman?  I just came across it but hadn't seen if anyone mentioned it in the thread already.

furman-new-uniforms-e1557269250442.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2019 at 9:42 AM, pianoknight said:

Sorry mods, didn't realize there was a rule in place about Native American naming controversies.  I've been on this board long enough to remember when we had arguments about those topics.  Wasn't trying to start another one, was just reporting a story I heard.

---------------

Moving on, did anyone see this uniform for Furman?  I just came across it but hadn't seen if anyone mentioned it in the thread already.

furman-new-uniforms-e1557269250442.jpg

That's disappointing. If you're going to do GFGS jazz it up a bit. Granted, I'd prefer they not so it all. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

27 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Better view of the gray Furman uniform:

spacer.png

If they wanted to be different they could have put the stripes on the shoulders Colts style. Obviously this makes too much sense as the grey pants also don't match the white ones. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

They seem to have stolen that pants stripe from Baylor 

Yup. That's been a standard Nike option for years. Furman's been wearing it at two years now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

If they wanted to be different they could have put the stripes on the shoulders Colts style. Obviously this makes too much sense as the grey pants also don't match the white ones. 

The helmet stripe is different for the gray uniform as well. 

spacer.png

Just saw a new one-off ASU uni (all white) that deviates from "newest" sets...likely to be worn against MSU "STATE" on Sept. 14. Helmet stripe, shoulder design (state flag) and different number/name font.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

39 minutes ago, AJM said:

Just saw a new one-off ASU uni (all white) that deviates from "newest" sets...likely to be worn against MSU "STATE" on Sept. 14. Helmet stripe, shoulder design (state flag) and different number/name font.

We need pictures!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

We need pictures!!!!

I'll share once allowed but the official release will probably come first...cant risk it unfortunately.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

BOISE STATE IS BACK IN BLACK!!! (I hope)

spacer.png

No idea what to expect for Marshall with the stadium going tri color

All orange likely for Portland State, hopefully sans all orange helmet

Not even gonna talk about the Air Force game :puke:

like marshall, not sure what to expect for Hawaii 

If recent trends are anything to go off of, Wyo and NM should be all blue. 

All in all, not a fan of the seeming return of the BFBS uniforms. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

We've gotten to the point where "fans wearing certain color" schedules mean little to what the team actually wears. Take Oregon for example. Rarely does it correlate. Not saying it has absolutely zero bearing on the team uniforms, but not as much as it did years ago.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

29 minutes ago, fizz said:

No one else:

adidas: "Quick, grab TCU's pattern before somebody else does"!!!! It looks like someone washed these after they were left in the back of the locker for a month.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived