College Football 2019

29texan

So I have a question for the chat....

As we all know, Adidas rolled out their new Primeknit A1 template for most schools, which featured this collar:

2735.jpeg

where there's a normal collar starting at the back and tapering off near the front, giving way to what essentially looks like piping.

HOWEVER, when I was combing over the Washington release photos I saw that the collar has changed to this:

original.jpg

It looks more similar in style to UA's current collar, give or take a weird stretch fabric. Anyone know if this is going to be just for UW or is it being rolled out to all Adidas schools?

(side note: S/O to Nike for being able to keep their flagship template unchanged for essentially 5 years at a time)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

As we all know, Adidas rolled out their new Primeknit A1 template for most schools, which featured this collar:

2735.jpeg

where there's a normal collar starting at the back and tapering off near the front, giving way to what essentially looks like piping.

HOWEVER, when I was combing over the Washington release photos I saw that the collar has changed to this:

original.jpg

It looks more similar in style to UA's current collar, give or take a weird stretch fabric. Anyone know if this is going to be just for UW or is it being rolled out to all Adidas schools?

(side note: S/O to Nike for being able to keep their flagship template unchanged for essentially 5 years at a time)

It could be an adjustment to the template but it may not be big enough of a change for most teams to announce it as a new uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Never liked for Arizona State's pitchfork logo. Honestly would prefer if they used their old interlocking "AS" logo over that. Don't dislike Sparky, just prefer the AS logo.

Even the ASU "SUN" logo looks better on the helmet than the pitchfork logo. 

22 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

2735.jpeg

original.jpg

Good catch. Looking back at high-level Adidas teams who have shown off their 2019 jerseys with the 150 patch, it looks like Miami will have the new collar while Louisville will not.

4 hours ago, pscf3 said:

Good catch. Looking back at high-level Adidas teams who have shown off their 2019 jerseys with the 150 patch, it looks like Miami will have the new collar while Louisville will not.

It also looks like Louisville moved their TV numbers backed to their regular position

Oregon is getting new turf this season, and here are some in-progress pics:

The yellow ‘O’ logo at midfield remains unchanged, but the font for the numbers will now match the jersey numbers, complete with the inline. I’m really happy about that change, and it’s also hopefully a sign that they’ll be sticking with this font for the foreseeable future. From these pics we don’t have a look at the end zones, but I’d bet they’ll stay the same.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^A lot of Ducks fans have made a big deal about there not being a fan blackout game, thinking that the team won’t wear their black uniforms at home at all this season. I would be willing to bet they will wear their standard black and neon set at home at least once, if not twice like they did last season. And there very well could be another one-off that’s all-black like last season’s Jumpman uniforms, or something similar. In any case, having the fans wear yellow or green is much more recognizable than having the fans wear black, so I’m not surprised to see black not on the what to wear color schedule.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Rixaroo said:

Hmmm.. throwback or new? Guessing throwback.

Throwback 

They wore this same design in 2006

Image result for florida football uniforms

It's cool to see Florida wearing these against Auburn. For whatever reason, Auburn doesn't get the crazy uniforms from opponents. Arkansas recently wore black, Kentucky wore chrome helmets in 2015 (the only team to wear chrome vs Auburn), and LSU's ProCombat in 2012. It just doesn't happen often, so it's cool to be a part of one of those games.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

First full look at the Ducks’ updated turf field:

spacer.png

The numbers matching the font on the jerseys is probably the most significant change, but there are some other noticeable differences as well. Looks like there’s a thin black border around the backs of the end zones and up to the 25 yard lines, and the shades of green on the field look a bit darker than on the previous version. The two-tone green effect also seems a bit more muted. Other than that the end zones are the same, midfield logo is the same, the small ‘O’ logos on the 35 yard lines are the same, etc.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Also they added gold printing to the sleeves. Last year it was a red shine print

spacer.png

Didn't notice that but it is a great addition.

Iowa State Cyclones Tweak Home Football Jersey

July 16, 2019 - 20:50 PM

With college football celebrating its 150th anniversary this season, equipment staffs from around across the country have been quick to show off the CFP150 patch on their teams’ respective uniforms. Iowa State followed suit on Tuesday afternoon, and in the […]

Read More...

Archived