College Football 2019

29texan

Has Oregon announced what color they're wearing for the first game? Auburn certainly hasn't, and looking back at previous Advocare Classic games, it doesn't seem like home/road designations matter. Alabama played in 2015 (Wisconsin) and 2016 (USC) and wore their crimson tops both games.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have asked this question once a long time ago, and apologies if I did, but is there any explanation that exists for why the Gators don't wear their orange pants with the blue jerseys more than once every generation or so? Because I would argue that's the best combination they can use with their blue jerseys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I may have asked this question once a long time ago, and apologies if I did, but is there any explanation that exists for why the Gators don't wear their orange pants with the blue jerseys more than once every generation or so? Because I would argue that's the best combination they can use with their blue jerseys.

spacer.png

They keep losing when they wear them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/31/2019 at 1:52 PM, WSU151 said:

Please explain what this means...

There are no UA shirts that look aesthetically pleasing? Really?

You're not a fan of the demographics of people who wear UA? What are those demographics?

That all got a little jumbled. I'm not a fan of UA. I have never seen a pair of shoes that I liked, most of their apparel isn't my style either (the simple items are fine but I typically find a Nike or Adidas item that is comparable that I prefer.) I'm also not part of the demographic of people that seem to really wear UA the most. In my anecdotal experience UA is worn by a lot of middle aged men and young boys. That's not everyone who wears it but that is a lot of the demographics of the brand.

Again, this is all based on MY perception of the brand. My larger point is really that I think subconsciously the way we perceive brands could influence our perception of schools they outfit.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I couldn't tell you how many people come to me and say how they hate Under Armour and Auburn even being associated with them. It's a minority, but it comes up a lot, today even.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

19 minutes ago, Derek said:

Is the single spike on his right foot bugging anyone else? And I don’t say it represents a beaver’s teeth.

No, just a bad cut in Photoshop. But I never noticed it until now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/31/2019 at 5:06 PM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

any deviation from the VU template would have to be a step backwards, and there you go. that upper seam is so unflattering. i dont mind the shape of the collar point, but it looks so heavy handed; it stands out too much as well. 

ill give it to them on the numbers, thats a pretty cool looking application. plus shaves more material for breathability and flexibility. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, See Red said:

They won last time they wore them (2016 vs North Texas).

I prefer orange-blue-white, but it's a shame they've only worn orange-blue-orange twice in the last nine years.

That is some kind of graphic. And it absolutely shattered a notion I had that Jim McElwain preferred the orange jerseys to the blue ones; they only wore them six times across 2 1/2 seasons vs. wearing the blue jerseys 16-17 times. They also wore all-blue far too much as well. Either wear white pants or orange pants with the blue jerseys; the all-blue isn't a good look.

Maybe that was me telling myself that - the orange jerseys thing - because, unpopular opinion alert(?), I do like the orange jerseys the best. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

That is some kind of graphic. And it absolutely shattered a notion I had that Jim McElwain preferred the orange jerseys to the blue ones; they only wore them six times across 2 1/2 seasons vs. wearing the blue jerseys 16-17 times. They also wore all-blue far too much as well. Either wear white pants or orange pants with the blue jerseys; the all-blue isn't a good look.

Maybe that was me telling myself that - the orange jerseys thing - because, unpopular opinion alert(?), I do like the orange jerseys the best. 

Thanks!  I made it!  I would've gone back farther but it was way too big of a file and going way too slow in Illustrator.  You're right there, I was a little surprised by how frequently some combos were worn.

For the record, here's one for the SEC last year.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

Thanks!  I made it!  I would've gone back farther but it was way too big of a file and going way too slow in Illustrator.  You're right there, I was a little surprised by how frequently some combos were worn.

I know this isn't the point, but you have Texas A&M's last 4 games in the throwback uniform, they only wore those for the Kentucky game.

1 minute ago, Htown1141 said:

I know this isn't the point, but you have Texas A&M's last 4 games in the throwback uniform, they only wore those for the Kentucky game.

Ahh crap... I copied and pasted the wrong uniforms.  Thanks!  Good catch!

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Beating a lowly north Texas team doesn’t make up for the other big games they lost in them in.

What are these other big games they've lost in them?  I'm not even sure they've worn them more than five times ever.

I know they debuted the look in '89, shelved them until '99 vs Florida State and then I'm not sure they wore them again until the Louisville game and then the North Texas game.  My memory might be off, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

56 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

any deviation from the VU template would have to be a step backwards, and there you go. that upper seam is so unflattering. i dont mind the shape of the collar point, but it looks so heavy handed; it stands out too much as well. 

ill give it to them on the numbers, thats a pretty cool looking application. plus shaves more material for breathability and flexibility. 

nike has to meddle because innovation...the vu is the pinnacle of a clean and efficient jersey template but it's too simple to market...not enough seams or unnecessary mesh inserts etc.

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Great work and visual here on the state of the uniforms in the SEC:

A&M - loved seeing Jimbo simplify the combos in year 1, and the throwback was great.

Miss. St. - The Bulldogs made the striping consistent, but couldn’t settle on a “look”. Do less.

Ole Miss - Replacing the egg blue helmets with a generic white lid was one of the biggest downgrades in all of college football last season, IMO. They only wore their primary road uniform once, and the navy home tops once.

Arkansas - A good set for a not so good team. Looking forward to the McFadden era threads this fall.

Georgia - The Dawgs always look sharp. Hoping to see the Black top for a night game between the hedges this season. Wish list going forward: Red britches for a couple of road games a year.

Kentucky - Their primary looks are solid with either a blue or white lid. They lose me when they start wearing anthracite and chrome.

Florida - Some of my favorite uniforms in the NCAA. They’re not perfect, but damn does it work. The throwbacks will be another good look this season. As long as they stay away from wearing gator skin they’ll look incredible regardless of what combo they wear.

South Carolina - I’m not a fan of the matte black domes, but other than that the Gamecocks have a really sleek look.

Mizzou - Good uniforms, poor use of combos. They insist on looking like Darth Vader or his stormtroopers every week. Wear gold pants with black lids 80% of the time and you’re golden.

Vanderbilt - The numbers were too thin and the gold too khaki. But overall not a bad design with the anchor helmets.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee - Fantastic.

Archived