10 hours ago, djam2410 said:

"All Black Everything."

"Bleed Blue."

These two statements do not go together...

19 minutes ago, Buc said:

"All Black Everything."

"Bleed Blue."

These two statements do not go together...

The fans will be black and blue after they gouge each other's eyes out watching this flaming diaper of a game. 

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If there's something in college football more dull and played out than the all-black uniform, I don't know what it could be. Yawn inducing.

But ...but ...how are we going to see they are taking this game EXTRA SERIOUSLY?  /s

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple mockups of what the Ducks’ new white set could look like:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The first one follows the same color scheme as last year’s white set, while the second version has the more traditional apple green accents. I’m really hoping the second version is closer to the real thing, as the apple green is so much better than the black.

Wouldn't be shocked if we see the two sets you predicted. Wouldn't be the first time Oregon has had two different away jerseys. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, djam2410 said:

I find these to be visually confusing because I literally cannot see them. They're not only "blackout" with black on black elements, but they also decided to do the photoshoot inside of a horse trailer inside of what I can only assume is the dimly lit meth lab under Los Pollos Hermanos fast food restaurant from Breaking Bad. Why would they even bother? 

Washington released their women's soccer uniforms today and they have a new font that is based on the new number font. I wonder how this will effect the endzone text which is written in the previous font. 

Old Font:

Image result for washington huskies logo

3 hours ago, BigDmo said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we see the two sets you predicted. Wouldn't be the first time Oregon has had two different away jerseys. 

I was halfway expecting them to do that last season and debut a green-accented white set midway through the season to go with the black-accented set. With the more minimalist approach they seem to be taking now, though, I think they’ll probably just stick to one white set again this year (unless they have a one-off white uniform for the Auburn game or another road game later in the year).

2 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

Washington released their women's soccer uniforms today and they have a new font that is based on the new number font. I wonder how this will effect the endzone text which is written in the previous font. 

Old Font:

The main italic wordmarks will remain for media, marketing, environmental graphics, and merchandise.

Even at a full eleven or twelve inches wide, you can only get those wordmarks about an inch and a half tall on a jersey, and the typeface itself doesn’t take trim very well (lots of fill-in and clumsy intersections). On top of that, each sport had freewheeled its own versions, with varying degrees of success (standard italic for women’s basketball, arched/non-italic for softball and baseball, a taller version for men’s basketball, etc.). They lack versatility and frankly just aren’t well-suited for uniforms.

The new uniform wordmarks were designed to maximize the height and presence on a jersey, taking signature design cues from the existing wordmarks and fusing those with classic block letter characteristics (and the structure of the W) to create something sharper, more traditional, and flexible across all sports.

Arkansas is switching from turf to grass this year and is using the switch to add the new font to end zone and go with red end zones for the first ever in school history. 

6 hours ago, BigDmo said:

Do you know the name of the Nike template of the Oregon new uniforms for 2019 season? Guess Nike hasn’t name it yet? 

16 minutes ago, Huntr said:

Do you know the name of the Nike template of the Oregon new uniforms for 2019 season? Guess Nike hasn’t name it yet? 

I guess we'll find out on August 17th when they do an unveiling of whatever new uniform they intend to wear this season.

3 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Arkansas is switching from turf to grass this year and is using the switch to add the new font to end zone and go with red end zones for the first ever in school history.

Wait, what? I'll be honest, if somebody asked me what color Arkansas'* end zones were, I definitely would have guessed red. I feel like the characters in the Office when they couldn't remember whether Stanley had a mustache or not.

*Arkansas's is the official way to denote possession, as determined by the state legislature, but in my heart it should be Arkansas' and I'm going to start an underground resistance to fight this tyranny.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Wait, what? I'll be honest, if somebody asked me what color Arkansas'* end zones were, I definitely would have guessed red. I feel like the characters in the Office when they couldn't remember whether Stanley had a mustache or not.

*Arkansas's is the official way to denote possession, as determined by the state legislature, but in my heart it should be Arkansas' and I'm going to start an underground resistance to fight this tyranny.

Yeah since they’ve been putting lettering in the end zone it’s mostly been red text on green over the years with a few seasons of white lettering sprinkled in. I think it’s going to look fantastic but we have the “traditionalists” that are losing it over the change. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I always assumed it was red as well but that may be because the only time I consistently watch an Arkansas game is when they play A&M at AT&T stadium where they have the endzone painted for both teams when previously neither team had a painted end zone.

Image result for southwest classic field

15 hours ago, razorback447 said:

The green space in the end zone looks bad. Just make the entire sideline and back of the end zone white and fill it in entirely. That's always been one thing that bothered me about the Rose Bowl, for example. If you really want to fill in that area, use the team's secondary color. I know some teams (like Arkansas or Tennessee, with it's checkerboard pattern) don't have one, though.

19 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

Old Font:

Adidas of all suppliers should know what a soccer uniform should look like... #1, don't put the name across the chest. A left chest W would be perfect here and actually make it look like a soccer jersey. 

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Adidas of all suppliers should know what a soccer uniform should look like... #1, don't put the name across the chest. A left chest W would be perfect here and actually make it look like a soccer jersey. 

Most women's soccer teams have school names across the chest. 

usa_today_10450413.0.jpg

sydney-spruill.jpg

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

The coaches typically have carte blanche when it comes to “custom” stock uniforms like this. Technically, they’re not supposed to be using gold as a fill color for numbers and type, either (only the W), but there’s not always a process in place to make sure these things follow the rules, so to speak.

New helmets for The Citadel... Apparently we are eliminating Navy blue completely from the uniforms as well.