College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

New helmets for The Citadel... Apparently we are eliminating Navy blue completely from the uniforms as well.

I see all these different videos of stickers being put on helmets and I know I don’t have steady enough hands to be an equipment manager.

IbjBaeE.png

7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I see all these different videos of stickers being put on helmets and I know I don’t have steady enough hands to be an equipment manager.

Well they’ve done thousands over there career and even if they mess up its not the end of the world to have to pick it up and alter it again.

UNLV Rebels Unveil Throwback Helmet For Final Season At Sam Boyd Stadium

August 8, 2019 - 22:50 PM

As part of a season-long celebration of Sam Boyd Stadium, the University of Nevada, Las Vegas on Thursday afternoon unveiled a throwback helmet that replicates the design worn by the Rebels from 1969-72. UNLV played its first game in what […]

Read More...

^Huge improvement over the black numbers and accents from last year. Too bad there aren’t any yellow accents, though (such as yellow number inlines, a yellow outline around the ‘O’ logo, etc). Also from that replica jersey you can see the shoulder/sleeve stripe, which is tonal just like on the new green jersey. This mockup I posted a couple days ago should give a pretty accurate look at what the full white set will look like (this is assuming they don’t unveil a white helmet option, which they very possibly could):

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Bowling Green used to have a perfect modern look and threw it away for no reason spacer.png

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Bowling Green used to have a perfect modern look and threw it away for no reason spacer.png

Adidas is why they dropped these. They switched over to Techfit after these.

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Well, Bowling Green's new look appears to be Nike's newest stock option as Toledo's using it too. Compared to past options it looks a lot better and I like how Toledo used it in the pants design as well.

UMixQQW.jpg

There may be a subtle difference in that sleeve pattern, but I'm not sure. Still weird rivals will share a similar jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

Bolder outline looks worse and you lose the clear out of the 2 letters from before. 

The thicker stroke was on my end as I recreated the images. Another outlet received the official images from the University and the strokes appear the same.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I don’t know why they’re pushing the letter “A” farther up on the “U”

I’d push it down if anything...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

I don’t know why they’re pushing the letter “A” farther up on the “U”

I’d push it down if anything...

Probably to get rid of the little shards and tight intersections where the serifs of the U meet the angles of the A.

You’ll also notice that they didn’t actually move the A up. They actually moved it down (check how the serifs of the A meet the curves of the U), but then they made the U a little shorter so the two characters are the same height (the U was much taller than the A before, which is kinda strange if you think about the hierarchy). I think you have to be careful about moving the A too low in their logo because there’s a tipping point where it starts to read as UA rather than AU.

Someone brought it up above, and I agree the end result of this update is that the characters don’t read as individual letters quite as well, but I think that’s okay. A monogram isn’t necessarily intended to be read like a word. It’s intended to exist as a distinctive shape and/or composition that happens to be made of the pertinent character(s). I think the changes they made here result in a much more clean and concise composition and form without sacrificing the equity and recognizability for the average person.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

40 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Probably to get rid of the little shards and tight intersections where the serifs of the U meet the angles of the A.

You’ll also notice that they didn’t actually move the A up. They actually moved it down (check how the serifs of the A meet the curves of the U), but then they made the U a little shorter so the two characters are the same height (the U was much taller than the A before, which is kinda strange if you think about the hierarchy). I think you have to be careful about moving the A too low in their logo because there’s a tipping point where it starts to read as UA rather than AU.

Someone brought it up above, and I agree the end result of this update is that the characters don’t read as individual letters quite as well, but I think that’s okay. A monogram isn’t necessarily intended to be read like a word. It’s intended to exist as a distinctive shape and/or composition that happens to be made of the pertinent character(s). I think the changes they made here result in a much more clean and concise composition and form without sacrificing the equity and recognizability for the average person.

They made to change to remove the white spaces at the top. Thinking it was embroidery issues that warranted the change, but Auburn hasn't said anything just yet.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived