College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Any chance you can change that black to the “nightmare green” they are actually using?

If you zoom in on the mockups you’ll see that it is actually dark green, not black. I kind of had to guess on the exact shade, but I looked at the two pictures below and picked a shade that I think is a pretty good balance between what it looks like in a studio setting and what it looks like in the sunlight. In addition, I’ve seen a couple people who were at the unveiling say on Twitter that the shade of green is quite dark and close to black in person, so the shade I chose is pretty dark in hopes of reflecting that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I work for Georgia Tech football now, and I've never been to a bowl game before as I've spent the majority of my career on the FCS level. But now, since the Sun Bowl has an ACC tie in, if we can't go to the playoffs, then I want to go here! If anything I'm curious to know what gift packs/swag, the players will get. A lifetime supply of Frosted Flakes? I hope!

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

If you zoom in on the mockups you’ll see that it is actually dark green, not black. I kind of had to guess on the exact shade, but I looked at the two pictures below and picked a shade that I think is a pretty good balance between what it looks like in a studio setting and what it looks like in the sunlight. In addition, I’ve seen a couple people who were at the unveiling say on Twitter that the shade of green is quite dark and close to black in person, so the shade I chose is pretty dark in hopes of reflecting that.

spacer.png

Wow, it really does look like a faded, almost vintage black in the sunlight there. And to think that's beautiful Oregon on a bright, sunny day. I'd bet it'll be nearly impossible to distinguish between this green and black on the cloudy days. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

6 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Wow, it really does look like a faded, almost vintage black in the sunlight there. And to think that's beautiful Oregon on a bright, sunny day. I'd bet it'll be nearly impossible to distinguish between this green and black on the cloudy days. 

See I disagree, I believe the cloudy, cold, and diffuse lighting of a typical Oregon fall day will brighten the green up quite a bit to something closer to the studio shots. 

Just now, BigDmo said:

See I disagree, I believe the cloudy, cold, and diffuse lighting of a typical Oregon fall day will brighten the green up quite a bit to something closer to the studio shots. 

How would you know anything about that? It's not like you live there or anyth....Oooh. Nevermind. ;) 

But seriously, I appreciate the insight. My thought was I could see them looking more green up close, but that we would see black from a discernible distance -- such as the TV telecast. We don't have many clouds in my part of the country, and when we do, they are usually dark storm clouds. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of games under those overcast skies. I'll trust your take over mine on this. 

This uniform set in general has really grown on me already. There are going to be a few awesome combinations that I'm looking forward to seeing this fall.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

lol I don’t think cloudy days will make dark dark dark green look greener. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

How would you know anything about that? It's not like you live there or anyth....Oooh. Nevermind. ;) 

But seriously, I appreciate the insight. My thought was I could see them looking more green up close, but that we would see black from a discernible distance -- such as the TV telecast. We don't have many clouds in my part of the country, and when we do, they are usually dark storm clouds. I'm sure you've seen your fair share of games under those overcast skies. I'll trust your take over mine on this. 

This uniform set in general has really grown on me already. There are going to be a few awesome combinations that I'm looking forward to seeing this fall.

I agree with @BigDmo in that the overcast skies here will probably help brighten up the green a little bit as opposed to the sunlight, which makes the green look more like a brownish black. And I also think it’s likely that they’ll wear the dark green set under the lights, which is probably the best opportunity for the shade of green to look like it does in the studio shots. 

Also, I completely agree with your take on this set and how there’s the potential for several really sharp combos. I’m really looking forward to seeing how the new set looks in action, and seeing what combos they decide to bring out.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

"The multiyear partnership is marked by Tony the Tiger® being the first mascot to lend his name to a college football bowl game."

So the Sun Bowl had to pay Tony the Tiger® in order to borrow his name? Seems like these things usually work the other way around.

@j'villejags

I know it's kind of moot to even argue color perception, and the evidence I'm providing can be picked apart because you never know the photo settings, but from my own experience attending games, the last time Oregon rocked the darker green it was noticeably different depending on the lighting that day

Here is a daytime shot from an overcast day

spacer.png

Same game, after the sun went down

spacer.png

And in direct sunlight

spacer.png

I expect this new shade of green to similarly change shades depending on the lighting conditions. Oregon rocked these military green uniforms on an overcast day. 

spacer.png

Thanks for the back up @upperV03 😉

Arizona Wildcats To Honor U.S.S. Arizona, Late Coach Dick Tomey

August 23, 2019 - 16:52 PM

Arizona travels to Hawai’i this weekend for one of the first games of the 2019 college football season, and will commemorate the occasion by wearing helmets that pay homage to the 1,177 servicemen who lost their lives aboard the U.S.S. […]

Read More...

Archived