College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

stare-closeup-03692.jpg

Air Force looks to have colored the 150 logo in royal blue for their throwback uniforms. I think it helps it fit in so much better than keeping the regular color scheme. 

Rutgers did the same thing with their throwbacks:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

31 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I think Oregon's combo this week is probably their best road look of their entire set.

At least from the combos already unveiled. Yellow/white/yellow (with either white jersey, but especially the white/dark green version) are two potential road combos that I personally think would be slightly better:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve loved all of their yellow/white/yellow combos from the past, though, so that might just be me. I agree that the dark green/white/dark green combo is fantastic, and at the very least one of the better possible road combos with the new set. The apple green/white/apple green is another really solid look as well.

Also, another quick note on the Ducks’ combo for tomorrow; even though the promo pics show a white ‘O’ on the nose bumper (and presumably a white ‘O’ decal on the back), I wouldn’t be surprised if those actually ended up being yellow tomorrow. These promo shots were taken at the same time as the promo shots that were shown off when the new set was unveiled. In those shots Deommodore Lenoir (the player pictured) was wearing white cleats, and the helmets had the white ‘O’ decals and bumper logos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It looks like they just had Lenoir quickly switch to the dark green cleats for the promo shots that were shown off for tomorrow’s combo:

spacer.png

Chances are they didn’t want to have to change out the decals and bumper logos just for the purposes of the photo shoot, so they kept them white. I think they could change them to yellow for tomorrow’s game, which would be a better match with the dark green cleats since they have yellow accents. Plus, at the actual uniform unveiling the mannequin with the dark green/white/dark green combo had the dark green cleats and a yellow ‘O’ decal and bumper logos on the helmet:

spacer.png

This is all just speculation, though. It’s very possible the decals and bumper logos will actually be white still. I’m hoping for yellow, though.

Edit- And just like that, at least one player has given us a glimpse at the game helmets for tomorrow on their IG story. The bumper logo has indeed been changed to yellow:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Slightly updated look for Arkansas State. Still not a fan of these. Changes are updated materials so they look less like they have electrical tape everywhere, double stripes instead of three on the sleeves, and double instead of a single on the pants. Also, the wordmark has been changed to black. Previous for comparison.

zD7KpD9.jpg

16 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Minus the lame oar stuff this is by far my favorite look for the Gophers

rashod-bateman-of-the-minnesota-gophers-

I can't wait until PJ Fleck moves on to a school that puts their foot down and tells him that his own personal branding isn't more important than the school's.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

16 hours ago, Bolt957 said:

As others have stated, the gold mask doesn't look bad. I just wish that UA would give UCLA a similar number font to Clarendon, at least if they can't obtain the exact font. 

I'm not a fan. I think the grey mask works better

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another look at the Ducks’ combo for tomorrow, with a more accurate depiction of what the dark green color will look like in action. And again, the helmets will actually have yellow ‘O’ decals and bumper logos instead of the white shown here.

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Eww... what's up with the R and the K?

I didn't notice the R, but the K makes me want to root for a different team. Unfortunately, the different team would be the one with a purple and gray field because life isn't fair.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Another look at the Ducks’ combo for tomorrow, with a more accurate depiction of what the dark green color will look like in action. And again, the helmets will actually have yellow ‘O’ decals and bumper logos instead of the white shown here.

spacer.png

Two weeks ago it was the Nike Fusion template, now the F.U.S.E ?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

22 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

No chrome helmet for USF?

Look three posts above yours. 

Wearing greenish gold helmets like they used to wear. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

For the first time since 2010 South Florida will have their original gold helmet color back...

https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/1167542547415207936

It makes me wonder if we'll bring back the "iron goat" throwbacks sometime this year!

spacer.png

They just need to use the Lee Rose/Bobby Paschal era bull, err Golden Brahman for once.

Yes, it's so old/odd, I had to take a student organization painting off an old Photobucket account.

4ryoF6w.jpg

EDIT:  Stop tricking up the field numerals.  The proprietary font numerals in the last few seasons are bad (looking at you UCLA), but the 150 @ the 50 is worse than the NFL gold 50. 

That Oregon combo is fantastic looking. Hopefully it is indeed paired with yellow logos and branding on the helmet, gloves, and shoes.

I’m curious to see how these Rutgers jerseys perform. This is pretty close to the vision I’ve had for a sleeved jersey (though I always envisioned it as a mid-bicep or 3/4 length rather than a full long sleeve). My theory is that adding a tightly fitted sleeve will eliminate the ability to grab the armhole and shoulder pad, which will be great for linemen, but I’m interested to see how it affects tackling. It looks like there’s a little room in the upper arm that could be grabbed, but it’s also a thicker, more compressive fabric than what old jerseys were made with.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived