College Football 2019

29texan

4 hours ago, Volt said:

And though people like @Ice_Cap like to be cute online tough guys and point out the Nike mark that I am (it's also my job)

That's fine, but it doesn't make you an unbiased source does it?

Also I wouldn't exactly call me calling you out on your shilling for Nike "tough guy" material but hey. You live your truth, guy. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Kentucky really ought to back to the big K on the helmets. The UK mark is pretty muddled. Blue/blue/white is a good look for a team that likes chrome and black, though. 

We looked really good today, saw them in person, I like the UK mark on the helmets, though I prefer the version we had before the 2015 update.

Toledo went all white unfortunately, and you couldn’t even see the helmet logo from where we were sitting. Toledo would’ve looked much better with their navy helmets and some sort of color in there uniform.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

6 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

We looked really good today, saw them in person, I like the UK mark on the helmets, though I prefer the version we had before the 2015 update.

Toledo went all white unfortunately, and you couldn’t even see the helmet logo from where we were sitting. Toledo would’ve looked much better with their navy helmets and some sort of color in there uniform.

Maybe it's just some nostalgia...I just think this is much bolder, easily readible, still unique, and doesn't look like Houston's UH. 

sep-1996-quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-ke

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Maybe it's just some nostalgia...I just think this is much bolder, easily readible, still unique, and doesn't look like Houston's UH. 

sep-1996-quarterback-tim-couch-of-the-ke

That’s why I prefer the 2005-15 logo, it’s a fusion of that logo and the current. I agree the updates way to similar to Houston, and the shade of blue is a tad too vibrant, but it’s fine. Not a big fan of the unneeded black in that set, it could very much be avoided

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

56 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Washington Huskies look awesome in the new (old) classically updated unis. Removed unessary black, brought back a sheen to the purple, bright white contrast with the numbers, and even the gold decals complement.  

Huskies do look great. Good color of gold pants too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Other than the O on the back of the helmet, who is this team?

spacer.png

bare white jerseys essentially. Bare dark green pants. Bare green helmet with a hint of something. It’s a seriously messy bare bones look. I have no idea why it’s so loved. 

Edit. I had to zoom in to notice the numbers. But they’re iridescent is apparent in the sun. I thought dual gradient type numbers were banned by the NCAA. 

They're really going all in with the wing branding. It’s here to stay sadly. 

7 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Oregon looks horrible. That "midnight green" color is dingy and dreary.

The dark green definitely looks more brownish-grey than I would like, but I still think it’s a great look overall. The helmets and iridescent numbers really make the look for me. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If it looks like black, it's black for all intents and purposes.  Huge fail on that color for Oregon.

And, as always, the shiney numbers look cheap and hokey.  Too bad... the emphasis on bright green and yellow the past few years was working for them. This is a boring and predictable step back.

39 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

That dark green is black from any distance. I thought it was black at the reveal until they said otherwise.

As I said earlier, if anything it looks more like a dark brownish-grey to me. The issue is mainly with the pants, as the helmets have more of a green tint to them IMO (maybe that’s because of the wings making the shell look more green). I really don’t see it as much of an issue, though. Yeah it’s a bit dark and not as obviously green as I’d like it to be, but I still think it’s a sharp look. And I love the iridescent numbers and the mallard finish of the wings. Some might think the shiny numbers look cheap, but I love the uniqueness of the iridescence and I’m really glad they brought it back. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Like I said earlier, nothing Oregon has produced in the past handful of years has looked good, and this, big numbered, mess is probably the worst of them all, practically black helmets and pants, with no stripes, irritatingly large numbers, and the only logo to give any indication to what team it is, is on the back of the helmet. The “wing” design on the helmet is really pointless unless it’s a different color, making it shiny on the matte is dumb and frustrating. Same with the in-line on the already ugly number font. If a ranking could go into the negatives this would it the one, honestly it’s worse than the promos, -20/10

3YCQJRO.png

5 hours ago, MattMill said:

Other than the O on the back of the helmet, who is this team?

spacer.png

I don’t know what you mean... I can clearly see the swooshes on the shoes and the one centered on the collar where most other teams put their actual school logo. It’s Nike University.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived