College Football 2019

29texan

10 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

Nice, but the collar on your mock-up is all black, whereas the Twitter video reveal shows a white-red-white striped pattern on the collar. 

Yeah, I did these really quick and on paint. I couldn't get the collar to look right, so I just skipped it lol. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Northwestern Wildcats, Wisconsin Badgers Reveal Fauxback Football Uniforms

August 13, 2019 - 17:50 PM

As part of Under Armour’s “School Heritage” line, Northwestern and Wisconsin on Tuesday afternoon unveiled fauxback uniforms for their matchup in Madison on Sept. 28. Both teams will be outfitted in brand new designs that are meant to mimic the […]

Read More...

Great... so now we will have an Under Armour rendition of the great "N" vs. "W" calamity from a few years back. yuck

Montee+Ball+Wisconsin+v+Nebraska+ihM9VVo

2 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Great... so now we will have an Under Armour rendition of the great "N" vs. "W" calamity from a few years back. yuck

Montee+Ball+Wisconsin+v+Nebraska+ihM9VVo

Fauxbacks should never trump throwbacks for a big celebratory season. I like the Northwestern by itself, but with Wisconsin it's ugly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The UNLV throwback helmet got buried last week, but it's causing a stir among Nevada Wolfpack fans since they go by University of Nevada and UNLV just uses UNLV. A local Reno broadcast guy ranted about it...calling it a punk move. 

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/2019/08/08/pack-fans-unlvs-u-n-helmet-apparently-throwback-design/1961220001/

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

5 minutes ago, Green27 said:

The UNLV throwback helmet got buried last week, but it's causing a stir among Nevada Wolfpack fans since they go by University of Nevada and UNLV just uses UNLV. A local Reno broadcast guy ranted about it...calling it a punk move. 

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/2019/08/08/pack-fans-unlvs-u-n-helmet-apparently-throwback-design/1961220001/

I can see why Reno is calling it a punk move. After all, Nevada's football program is a whopping 72 years older than UNLV's. It does seem an odd move, but they are honoring a historical team so I guess its okay for one game. If they switched to it full time or a variant of it with no mention of Las Vegas, then its an issue. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

South Carolina Gamecocks Reveal “Black Magic” Throwback Uniforms

August 13, 2019 - 18:59 PM

South Carolina officially announced on Tuesday afternoon what we’ve known for weeks, which is that the Gamecocks will wear throwback uniforms this season that pay homage to the “Black Magic” and “Black Death” teams of the 1980s. “The Gamecocks’ uniform […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Utah's throwback is nothing exciting...which kind of matches their awful reveal video...

This number font looks to be closer to the old Champion font that they wouldn't do for Notre Dame and Maryland though...which is weird.

Kind of interesting the 150 patch is on the left shoulder, whereas most other jerseys we've seen have it on the right.

Throwing back to 1966 is a uniquely obscure choice.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

16 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Throwing back to 1966 is a uniquely obscure choice.

Very obscure - Utah was 5-5 and not that good.

However...a lot of "Utah fans" in the replies are fainting over those throwbacks and silver helmets lol

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Under Armour honors Wisconsin's storied football heritage by giving them throwback uniforms with Arial, a font created in 1982.

UA's Cackalacky Sans Serif on all their other teams' fauxbacks is no better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think Under Armour did a great job with this. The coordination to reveal them all within a few hours of each other is also well done. Of course, we could always use more still images, so kudos to Maryland and Notre Dame for that.

I wasn't too fond of the mesh detail at first but it's already grown on me a lot. Minor detail that adds a great aesthetic to the design.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Utah Utes Tease Throwback Uniform

August 13, 2019 - 19:50 PM

In conjunction with Under Armour’s “School Heritage” line, the Utah football program shared a teaser photo and video on Tuesday afternoon of a throwback uniform that resembles what the Utes wore during the 1966-67 seasons.  Although Utah went 9-12 over […]

Read More...

50 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Very obscure - Utah was 5-5 and not that good.

However...a lot of "Utah fans" in the replies are fainting over those throwbacks and silver helmets lol

That's the key. Utah only wore silver helmets and pants in 1966-67.

FWIW, we're still waiting on Cal, Colorado State, Navy, Temple and Texas Tech.

49 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

No UCLA? 

Per Cincinnati's release (https://gobearcats.com/news/2019/8/13/Football_Unveils_College-Football-150_Throwback_Uniform.aspx), it's just the following 13 schools: Boston College, Cal, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Maryland, Navy, Northwestern, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Temple, Texas Tech, Utah and Wisconsin.

Cincinnati Bearcats Unveil 1950/60s Throwback Uniform

August 13, 2019 - 21:05 PM

The University of Cincinnati football program unveiled a throwback uniform on Tuesday afternoon that pays homage to the Bearcats’ teams of the late 1950s to early 1960s. The all-red uniforms — which are part of Under Armour’s “School Heritage” line […]

Read More...

Archived