College Football 2019

29texan

8 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I didn't think they were terrible.

That’s okay. Everyone else more than made up for it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I didn't think they were terrible.

I’m here with you! Nice to know I’m not alone lol. They weren’t perfect but when they dropped the under arm panel this last year it was a tremendous improvement. 

12 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

- One helmet, blue.  Gloss finish

I’d like to see them keep the canary yellow helmet for a one or two game alt, but I agree with dropping the white helmets and the white decals the randomly threw on the blue helmet from time to time. 

I'd keep all three helmet options, but primarily use the blue one. Keep the gold helmet for the yearly Gold Rush game, and the white isn't a bad alt look for the road games. 

If the number font was different, and the black sleeve caps had been changed out for blue, the last version would've looked great. 

23 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Never again:

Image result for wvu football helmet

If they wore this with the white unifrom and blue or white pants it wouldn't been a problem.

My only real issue with West Virginia's soon-to-be replaced set was the addition of black. And though the Mountaineers got a lot of flack on these boards for the number font, the idea was great and No. 5 was the only real problem.

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

I'd keep all three helmet options, but primarily use the blue one. Keep the gold helmet for the yearly Gold Rush game, and the white isn't a bad alt look for the road games. 

If the number font was different, and the black sleeve caps had been changed out for blue, the last version would've looked great. 

I agree, the last set was close to being good.  Removing the arm pit stripe helped a ton.  A better number font would have done wonders.  

As for helmets, I prefer the blue helmet for gold rush games.  But I don't hate the all gold look. I don't mind the idea of them having 3 helmets, I just

think any combination they use looks better with the blue helmet.

Related imageImage result for wvu baylor 2013

Related imageImage result for wvu iowa state

90758391980.gif

31 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

My only real issue with West Virginia's soon-to-be replaced set was the addition of black. And though the Mountaineers got a lot of flack on these boards for the number font, the idea was great and No. 5 was the only real problem.

Idk, I think the 7 was pretty crappy too.  And the 3... and the 2...

Related image

90758391980.gif

Just now, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Idk, I think the 7 was pretty crappy too.  And the 3... and the 2...

Related image

And honestly I think the 7 looked most like a pick-axe than any of the other letters, which is what i thought Nike was trying to get across. the 2,3,5 were pretty bad, I agree with you on that. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Dont post here really, more of an observer but a WVU alum and fan. Very excited and its long over due. I thought though the athletic department might get a re branding. A few weeks ago when a post was made on the WVU Football social media accounts of a picture at NIke HQ, the same pic was posted on the WVU Mens basketball media accounts. I think there is more to it than just football for WVU athletics.

36 minutes ago, Hypnotic said:

Dont post here really, more of an observer but a WVU alum and fan. Very excited and its long over due. I thought though the athletic department might get a re branding. A few weeks ago when a post was made on the WVU Football social media accounts of a picture at NIke HQ, the same pic was posted on the WVU Mens basketball media accounts. I think there is more to it than just football for WVU athletics.

The current basketball uniform is just about perfect to me, I hope they don't change too much

90758391980.gif

23 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Never again:

Image result for wvu football helmet

I really liked this helmet when they wore it against Texas (the game in which Grier's finger went haywire). I didn't much care for the white flying WV, but I think I just have a thing for dark shell helmets with white facemasks. There's something very clean about that look. My favorite uniform, I think ever, for Syracuse uses that look:

spacer.png

(I realize that they're called "the Orange" and there's not a lot of orange, etc., but I really like this uniform. It's a very simple, yet modern uniform.)

I generally agree with your assessments otherwise.

• Blue and gold should be what's emphasized (with white included, obviously). (Side-note: I don't care for, in concepts mostly, how a lot of WVU mock-ups have gold and white touching on the uniforms: gold strokes on numbers or the flying WV, gold and white together in stripes, etc. Doing so washes both colors out.) 
  • Only a blue helmet (though I don't mind the matte finish).
  • A decent set of numbers.
    • (Unpopular opinion, I actually liked the 2013 - 2018 uniforms, even with their flaws. I'd take them 10 out of 10 times over either of the preceding sets [from Rasheed Marshall to Geno Smith eras; 2002ish to 2012?]. But the numbers are objectively bad and gimmicky.)
    • If they had wanted something with points or edges on them to hearken back to pickaxes or whatever, why not use something like "McAuliffe" numbers? They've got points on them, but are still recognizable as "numbers used on sports jerseys" not to mention legible.

spacer.png

And then just because I've always liked it since the 2001 Virginia Tech game, keep a pair of white pants with some blue-gold-blue Braisher stripes. (Can we call those Braisher stripes? or do Braisher stripes have to be color-white-color? I've always applied the term more broadly to three stripes of equal width that are touching. Perhaps I've been misinformed this whole time!) I remember a drunk guy in the stands behind us yelling the whole time that WVU was losing that game because of the white pants. Another fun fact about this game, that I have no memory of: Pac Man Jones, as a freshman, played quarterback for WVU during that game, wearing no. 13. There's another picture from the same gallery of him handing the ball off to Avon Cobourne. I saw that picture and thought "I don't remember any QB from that era wearing 13." No wonder. I guess it was a Rich Rodriguez experiment in his first year to see what talent Don Nehlen had left him.

spacer.png

Anyway, I say all that to say that the new uniforms don't have to be ultra-traditional to be solid, and to be an improvement over what they've had since 2002. But they should stick with a few elements that WVU has kept consistent since 1980 (for the most part).

True, perhaps with a gold WV logo the white facemask look would have been more tolerable to me.  From straight on, #6's uniform looks fine.  When you see the entire helmet, I think that's when the all white/blue look glaringly clashes with the blue/gold of the jersey (2nd picure).  Reminds me alot of the Rams current issues with their white horns and gold trim in their away uniform

Related image

Related image

90758391980.gif

16 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

True, perhaps with a gold WV logo the white facemask look would have been more tolerable to me.  From straight on, #6's uniform looks fine.  When you see the entire helmet, I think that's when the all white/blue look glaringly clashes with the blue/gold of the jersey (2nd picure).  Reminds me alot of the Rams current issues with their white horns and gold trim in their away uniform

I think the other key to why Dravon Askew-Henry's jersey looks OK in that picture is because of the white pants. The white facemask would look out of place if the flying WV, numbers, and pants were all gold (essentially for the same reason you point out with the Rams' uniforms, just with gold instead of white). If they were to use white facemasks, they'd need the white pants to tie it in.

11qpk5z.jpg

New Pitt Secondary logo has been leaked early,  and the fans are not liking it. Me as a fan , satisfied simple.. logoish  not much can do anymore with a Panther or any catlike animal logo that wouldn't be an almost copy if someone else's. We tried that in 1997 and fans hated it. We tried simple , fans hate it. Pitt fan base,  as a die hard Pitt  fan I say, are bunch if yinzer babies.

5 hours ago, jsr862 said:

11qpk5z.jpg

New Pitt Secondary logo has been leaked early,  and the fans are not liking it. Me as a fan , satisfied simple.. logoish  not much can do anymore with a Panther or any catlike animal logo that wouldn't be an almost copy if someone else's. We tried that in 1997 and fans hated it. We tried simple , fans hate it. Pitt fan base,  as a die hard Pitt  fan I say, are bunch if yinzer babies.

It probably looks better when it’s not embroidered. I think Pitt needs a panther logo to compliment the script logo, so I don’t mind it. Nostalgia aside, this has to be about the best panther logo in Pitt history, but I’m not sure that’s saying much.

Using two golds is an interesting way to blend the two eras. It looks they weren’t sure which gold they wanted to use. 

spacer.png

The ears could stand to be more pronounced. And I’d actually like to see less symmetry like in their old panther logos. 

A pose more like this would have been more dynamic and interesting to me. 

spacer.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

17 hours ago, jsr862 said:

11qpk5z.jpg

I'd like to see a flat version before I pass more judgement on it, but this doesn't look too bad IMO. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Looks like Syracuse will be sticking to Nike. Unfortunately the deal might be struck too late for new uniforms, though

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2019/04/syracuse-ad-john-wildhack-on-new-nike-deal-potential-for-new-football-uniforms.html

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On 4/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, jsr862 said:

11qpk5z.jpg

Pitt finally has a good looking panther logo...never thought I'd see that happen.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived