On 4/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, jsr862 said:

11qpk5z.jpg

New Pitt Secondary logo has been leaked early,  and the fans are not liking it. Me as a fan , satisfied simple.. logoish  not much can do anymore with a Panther or any catlike animal logo that wouldn't be an almost copy if someone else's. We tried that in 1997 and fans hated it. We tried simple , fans hate it. Pitt fan base,  as a die hard Pitt  fan I say, are bunch if yinzer babies.

Pitt finally has a good looking panther logo...never thought I'd see that happen.

I know there are only so many ways to present the same mascot, but this looks like Georgia State’s.

Florida could actually pull off the prank next year if they don’t get the IT guy to model it 

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

Florida could actually pull off the prank next year if they don’t get the IT guy to model it 

The guy modeling it is Kent Fuchs, the president of UF, and the Jersey is made to resemble the regalia that he wears to give commencement speeches. It’s well damn done, IMO, even if it’s something that only students will get.

The Pitt logo looks great compared to what they had the years after yellow that logo was garbage

Pitt needs to decide what their team colors are. Vegas AND Yellow gold shouldn't both be used if you want a consistent brand.

14 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Pitt finally has a good looking panther logo...never thought I'd see that happen.

This thing is a disaster.

spacer.png

And this is the definition of "Polishing a turd".

spacer.png

I like the new one. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

This thing is a disaster.

spacer.png

Good Lord ... I don't think I've ever seen that from this close.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I dislike Iowa's number font.

spacer.png

I just figured this was as good of a place as any to say so.

Definitely unique(ish), definitely not good. 

Here we go with Pitt's redesigns. The website is still currently locked on their teaser image - every single url. 

On first glance, it looks as though they took an archway/pointy-thing from a campus building and ran with it. The number font has an awkward point at the top mimicking this (especially the 2) and the pants stripe has it sublimated a bit too boldly for my liking. Overall, it's a win. Want to see more photos.

I actually really like the sublimated pattern in the helmet and pant stripes. And I don’t mind the number font too much either. Glad they pretty much just tweaked the throwbacks, though some sleeve stripes would’ve been nice.

Looks great. Is it just me though, or is the 9 taller than the 1 on the home jersey?

18 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Looks great. Is it just me though, or is the 9 taller than the 1 on the home jersey?

Looks to be the opposite to me.

Cool new look for Pitt. I'd would have rather put the new panther head on the sleeves and move the numbers to the shoulders (without a collar logo), but it's a good look nonetheless.

Wearing just the jersey alone without the helmet nothing screams Pitt to me. As a fan who wears Pitt apparel all the time. I will wear this jersey and without Pitt on the collar a lot people will have no idea what school I am wearing,  big miss taking Script Pitt off the collar. The secondary head should been put above the nameplate on the back if used and should kept white numbers on the home jersey and kept the grey face masks. I'm sure they will grow on me as the seaon goes on but that first home opener in going to be a little off. 

I would have used gray masks, but solid look overall. 

Pitt is a great modernization of the old look. Nothing too crazy and they didn’t try to reinvent the wheel when the throwback was so popular. I agree that white numbers look better on the blue jersey, but it’s a great look nonetheless. The pattern in the stripes will only be noticed up close. Curious to see the entire number set. The 19 looks okay, but the 33 looks wonky.

Couple more looks:

Also:

Spectacular. It’s going to be tough for anyone to top this this offseason. The only thing I would have gone with too is the grey face mask but still a fantastic upgrade.