Recommended Posts

Sorry mods, didn't realize there was a rule in place about Native American naming controversies.  I've been on this board long enough to remember when we had arguments about those topics.  Wasn't trying to start another one, was just reporting a story I heard.

 

---------------

 

Moving on, did anyone see this uniform for Furman?  I just came across it but hadn't seen if anyone mentioned it in the thread already.

 

furman-new-uniforms-e1557269250442.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 9:42 AM, pianoknight said:

Sorry mods, didn't realize there was a rule in place about Native American naming controversies.  I've been on this board long enough to remember when we had arguments about those topics.  Wasn't trying to start another one, was just reporting a story I heard.

 

---------------

 

Moving on, did anyone see this uniform for Furman?  I just came across it but hadn't seen if anyone mentioned it in the thread already.

 

furman-new-uniforms-e1557269250442.jpg

 

 

That's disappointing. If you're going to do GFGS jazz it up a bit. Granted, I'd prefer they not so it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better view of the gray Furman uniform:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Better view of the gray Furman uniform:

spacer.png

If they wanted to be different they could have put the stripes on the shoulders Colts style. Obviously this makes too much sense as the grey pants also don't match the white ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Better view of the gray Furman uniform:

spacer.png

They seem to have stolen that pants stripe from Baylor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

They seem to have stolen that pants stripe from Baylor 

Yup. That's been a standard Nike option for years. Furman's been wearing it at two years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

If they wanted to be different they could have put the stripes on the shoulders Colts style. Obviously this makes too much sense as the grey pants also don't match the white ones. 

 

The helmet stripe is different for the gray uniform as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nuordr said:

 

The helmet stripe is different for the gray uniform as well. 

Image result for jim carrey oh come on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a new one-off ASU uni (all white) that deviates from "newest" sets...likely to be worn against MSU "STATE" on Sept. 14. Helmet stripe, shoulder design (state flag) and different number/name font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AJM said:

Just saw a new one-off ASU uni (all white) that deviates from "newest" sets...likely to be worn against MSU "STATE" on Sept. 14. Helmet stripe, shoulder design (state flag) and different number/name font.

We need pictures!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

We need pictures!!!!

I'll share once allowed but the official release will probably come first...cant risk it unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

BOISE STATE IS BACK IN BLACK!!! (I hope)

spacer.png

No idea what to expect for Marshall with the stadium going tri color

All orange likely for Portland State, hopefully sans all orange helmet

Not even gonna talk about the Air Force game :puke:

like marshall, not sure what to expect for Hawaii 

If recent trends are anything to go off of, Wyo and NM should be all blue. 

 

All in all, not a fan of the seeming return of the BFBS uniforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boise State, with those colors (minus the forced black and gray garbage) and that nickname has real potential for a nice brand and uniforms, but has been a visual dumpster fire for as long as I can remember.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've gotten to the point where "fans wearing certain color" schedules mean little to what the team actually wears. Take Oregon for example. Rarely does it correlate. Not saying it has absolutely zero bearing on the team uniforms, but not as much as it did years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fizz said:

 

 

Honestly i think the yoke striping could be a really nice element for NCSt if it weren't sliced all to pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, fizz said:

 

No one else:

adidas: "Quick, grab TCU's pattern before somebody else does"!!!! It looks like someone washed these after they were left in the back of the locker for a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

BOISE STATE IS BACK IN BLACK!!! (I hope)

spacer.png

I just realized this would be BSUBFBS! 😄

 

BTW they just installed their new blue turf.  It is 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.