College Football 2019

29texan

4 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Here is the full look. 

Stitching is bad. Anchor pattern fill in numbers is questionable. Concept is okay. Typefaces are a huge upgrade over the old Agency crap. Not generic, and the pants aren’t completely plain, so that’s a plus. 

i like it. i think contrast stitching works here because its with neutral colors, not in-your-face orange like the Browns. and it seems they've done it just for the aesthetic, and not trying to force some BS justification for it. the black especially has an interesting Jack Skellington thing going on

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only real issues with Vanderbilt’s uniforms are the contrast stitching and the gray sleeve caps (make them match the jersey and you’ve got yourself a good-looking, albeit plain uniform). I can live with gray elsewhere as an accent color, but why not have a gold wordmark instead? And if you’re all in on the the anchor chain, why not make that a stripe on the sleeves, too? 

I personally dislike this Vanderbilt look. I like the chain idea, but hate how they use it. I think Vandy has great potential and used to look amazing, but they've missed the boat lately. Matte helmets don't work well for Vandy in my opinion.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The best Vanderbilt has looked in recent history was circa 2012.. the only issues with that set were the lack of pants stripes.. add the matching helmet stripes to the pants and use the 2011 gold jersey instead of the 2012 gold jersey, and you have a winner (2012 gold jersey had the black shoulder yoke and black numbers, but 2011 was solid gold with white numbers and black outlines - but of unnecessary black piping, but inoffensive)

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I personally dislike this Vanderbilt look. I like the chain idea, but hate how they use it. I think Vandy has great potential and used to look amazing, but they've missed the boat lately. Matte helmets don't work well for Vandy in my opinion.

I agree. I really want the chain to work but it doesn't. Not sure why. Has to be a good solution in there somewhere though. 

Vanderbilt wants to set itself apart from the other black and gold institutions out there (one even in their same conference division).  The nautical elements of anchor and chain are unique and keep a look from being associated with UCF, Wake Forest, Army, Mizzou, Colorado, or Purdue.

Given its deemphasis on the shots released so far, is it no longer Good to be Gold?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I think the chain and anchor actually work pretty well on the black helmet only for a couple games a year. Beyond that, it goes overboard (good one). The chain loses its appeal as pants striping and I certainly don’t want to see it on the jersey. I understand Vandy feels the need to separate themselves from other black and gold teams but addition by subtraction would do wonders here. Gold Helmets and pants (not tan) with B/W/B braisher striping. Black and white tops with an occasional gold alt to go with the black helmet. Occasional white and black pants. No gimmicks like the sublimated anchors or contrasting stitching. Always thought they looked really good during the Cutler era.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

Interestingly, the addition of gray actually moves them closer to looking like other primarily black and gold teams like Purdue and UCF as opposed to making them stand out. 

I agree, my first thought when seeing all of the grey/silver was that they reminded me of Colorado, who is the OG when it comes to Black/Gold/Silver.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:59 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Yea I'm not thrilled with the big logo on the helmet, I liked the previous one better.  My biggest beef was getting rid of the gradient numbers.  I love those.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That was an ncaa rule

19 hours ago, dont care said:

That was an ncaa rule

Theres specific rules to that and Boise did not break those rules. The numbers had to be contrasting colors of the uniform, and could still be a gradient. I know this because Arizona had to change our gradient numbers because the colors were not contrasting on our red and blue uniforms but they were on the white. Boise state moving from the gradient numbers was an in house decision.

The uniforms below were all worn in the same season. Teams can do the gradient, the numbers just have to fully contrast the jersey color. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

SRzKtZU.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

7 minutes ago, H11K said:

Theres specific rules to that and Boise did not break those rules. The numbers had to be contrasting colors of the uniform, and could still be a gradient. I know this because Arizona had to change our gradient numbers because the colors were not contrasting on our red and blue uniforms but they were on the white. Boise state moving from the gradient numbers was an in house decision.

The uniforms below were all worn in the same season. Teams can do the gradient, the numbers just have to fully contrast the jersey color. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

SRzKtZU.jpg

Rule or no rule, BSU dumping the gradient numbers was a smart decision. Also, they may not be the most traditional unis in the world, but I love those uniforms for Arizona. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

9 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Rule or no rule, BSU dumping the gradient numbers was a smart decision. Also, they may not be the most traditional unis in the world, but I love those uniforms for Arizona. 

I agree, I really like the current BSU unis. I certainly do like that era of our uniforms better than what we are wearing right now that's for sure.

a2BRS8U.png

On 6/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Bring back the gold helmets, Vandy.

Part of me assumes they'll have gold helmets, even if they aren't shown in the images. Also considering they've worn multiple different helmets last year they should have white and gold as options.

Syracuse's athletic director was asked during today's press conference announcing the Orange's contract extension with Nike about new uniforms and told fans to "stay tuned" to next weekend's fan event. Expecting the team to ditch the number font and 44-degree angle slashes for a much more traditional look.

Archived