College Football 2019

29texan

On 6/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, Clintau24 said:

Colorado State celebrating 150 years of the school with a special white helmet

They'll also wear orange jerseys for Aggie Day vs Toledo. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

🚨 SYRACUSE ATHLETICS HAS ACTUALLY PULLED OFF A GREAT REBRAND 🚨

(updated with new tweet due to SU Football putting down the first tweet for some reason)

Spectacular. I pray Nike did something this solid with our uniforms and not just generic sleeve caps like the rest of this cycle has given us. 

16 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

(updated with new tweet due to SU Football putting down the first tweet for some reason)

I like it a lot.

It's basically the Browns uniforms if all the mistakes are fixed. 

Pretty good. Not quite the McNabb era unis, but these are a welcome sight.

Don't think the white helmets add anything (and don't you MFs dare add a blue helmet midseason). Would prefer the stripes on the navy blue jersey and pants be white-orange-white. Nonetheless, these are good uniforms. Well done Nike! Well done Cuse!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

How often do teams get rebrands? I love the Syracuse look. I hope it sticks for a few years. 

It almost seems like some teams do a rebrand or a new jersey template every single year. 

College football jersey introductions do little for me

My local college had the same Adidas set for 6-9 years during their true winning days. Then they seemed to get a new set every year. I guess recruits like jerseys over winning v

5 minutes ago, MattMill said:

How often do teams get rebrands? I love the Syracuse look. I hope it sticks for a few years. 

It almost seems like some teams do a rebrand or a new jersey template every single year. 

My local college had the same Adidas set for 6-9 years during their true winning days. Then they seemed to get a new set every year. I guess recruits like jerseys over winning v

During Oregons uniform run, they were getting top recruits and produced really good teams. But they're the lone exception to that case. If you look at the top teams in the country, they ALL have traditional uniforms. This idea that uniforms win over recruits is nonsense. 

a2BRS8U.png

5 minutes ago, H11K said:

During Oregons uniform run, they were getting top recruits and produced really good teams. But they're the lone exception to that case. If you look at the top teams in the country, they ALL have traditional uniforms. This idea that uniforms win over recruits is nonsense. 

They may have traditional uniforms but the list of top teams that haven’t worn some type of alternate uniform shrinks by the year. 

Syracuse Orange Unveil New Football Uniforms

June 22, 2019 - 02:07 AM

Exactly one week after the university announced a multi-year contract extension with Nike, the Syracuse football program unveiled new uniforms during its “Orange Summer Kickoff” on Friday evening. The Orange have ditched the elongated custom number font — meant to […]

Read More...

Then again, I'm not opposed to unpaid athletes getting new gear yearly and being excited about it. Seeing social media reveals of BFBS jerseys being shown to the players for the first time is heart warming stuff. 

I just feel Syracuse will come out with the same reveal in 2-3 years. There's a diminishing level of excitement when a page like this is already 46 pages deep. It's about to jump to 100 by August. 

I'd love to know what the longest running jersey set is. Bama? Michigan? 

Some teams are grasping at straws and hoping something sticks. I just kind of wanted to call them out. Syracuse had been running some color rush all one color sets for a few years now. This is a nice departure, unless they go all orange lol. 

8 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

This is not what I was expecting, but this is way better. I thought Nike was going to ruin this but they did great.

Only things I would change:

- No white helmet. But since they have one, make the face masks orange

- White “S” with blue outline on Orange helmet

- Orange collar on white jersey

Overall, best new uniforms by far. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Syracuse and Nike just announced a contract extension with the university last week.  However, it was noticed last week that there was less cash and more royalties

Archived