College Football 2019

29texan

I reeeeeeeeally don’t get the use of the double purple/purple sublimation thing. Switch that to gold and you’ve got a beautiful classic look.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does the font on the white jersey look thinner than the font on the purple jersey?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Why does the font on the white jersey look thinner than the font on the purple jersey?

Purple jersey numbers have an outline, white jersey numbers don't

AmPJ0Ty.png 

There’s a debate raging on Arkansas social media on if it takes one or two years to redesign a new uniform through Nike. I’ve always been under the impression that it’s usually a one year cycle. Anyone have a more accurate answer the process?

Very underwhel with the UW leaks.  Like others said they should have just released them with all the hype yesterday instead of having these private events that you knew something would leak from.

That said, no black means 100 times better than the Nike set.  That's the same purple helmet they've used in the past so maybe if they use it this year they will change the decal to be white or something to match since there's no black to match with on these.

Away uniforms:. Give me a gold outline on the numbers.  Maybe purple/gold/purple on the stripe instead of some weird subliminal all purple stripes.

Home: white/purple/white style stripe would probably look better.  Plus capture that Warren Moon era vibe.

Overall: Improvement, but too boring to have a real opinion on.  It doesn't make me feel anything.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

"Gold feathers in my mouth..."

At least the song is as ugly as the uniforms.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

12 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

There’s a debate raging on Arkansas social media on if it takes one or two years to redesign a new uniform through Nike. I’ve always been under the impression that it’s usually a one year cycle. Anyone have a more accurate answer the process?

spacer.png

This is for the GIG process, which encompasses much more than just uniforms, but it's just under two years.

I don't have a source I can link to, but there's a rumor swirling that Nebraska will be unveiling a true alternate uniform this year.  Alternate as in, "3rd option, other than Home/Away," and not just a one-off special uniform worn only once. 

Will post something once I have an article or something I can link to.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

54 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I don't have a source I can link to, but there's a rumor swirling that Nebraska will be unveiling a true alternate uniform this year.  Alternate as in, "3rd option, other than Home/Away," and not just a one-off special uniform worn only once. 

If that's true you gotta be thinking it's a blackshirts tribute. That's the only thing that would make sense for a permanent alt

3 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Maybe they're just adding red/red back into the mix?

All%20Red.jpg2.jpg?height=400&width=329

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that look a couple times a year, plus they wouldn't need to add any new elements.

2 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Maybe they're just adding red/red back into the mix?

All%20Red.jpg2.jpg?height=400&width=329

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that look a couple times a year, plus they wouldn't need to add any new elements.

They need to just copy Stanford's black uniform. Use white numbers or at least outline any red numbers/letters in white. Done. 

The use of black is a MAJOR source of debate among Husker fans. Many are firmly in the Red-and-White Only camp, and it's hard to blame them given the classic look. Sure, there are some minor tweaks that might help, but overall, a simple stripe with two colors looks fantastic. 

Then there's the other side, which says that Black, while not an official school color, is definitely tied to at least the Huskers' starting defense. It's a big deal when a player earns their Blackshirt, and yes, they actually DO get a black practice jersey. Think of it as Ohio State's helmet stickers, only you can earn just a single one for all your achievements as a defender.

The rub with that second argument is that Black is a DEFENSIVE thing, and not a tradition associated with offense (or Spec. Teams). So it doesn't make sense for a WR to be wearing a black shirt since he's never gonna be a Blackshirt. 

Anyway, from an aesthetic point of view, I'd welcome a black alternate.

UyDgMWP.jpg

9 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Purple jersey numbers have an outline, white jersey numbers don't

Zoom in. The white jersey has a white outline on that purple number set

very confusing tonal options they went with. Much like the Oregon ducks in some of their choices. 

10 hours ago, Lafarge said:

I reeeeeeeeally don’t get the use of the double purple/purple sublimation thing. Switch that to gold and you’ve got a beautiful classic look.

It's the georgia tech template...they just decided to put purple stripes on the purple jersey...either way it looks stupid...during the late 80's early 90's they basically had a purple nebraska jersey so I suppose a white double stripe could have been an option but then you have k-state.

42 minutes ago, guest23 said:

It's the georgia tech template...they just decided to put purple stripes on the purple jersey...either way it looks stupid...during the late 80's early 90's they basically had a purple nebraska jersey so I suppose a white double stripe could have been an option but then you have k-state.

Well, K-State but with gold helmets, gold pants, and gold number outlines, so it would be more than different enough, especially considering the difference in geography. It's not like when Arkansas and Oklahoma had almost identical uniforms.

1 hour ago, Tiny_Grandpa said:

Gold bottoms in my mouth =  a grill.  Go yell at a cloud, old man.

I thought it said feathers too. I guess 30 is old despite what my friends and family tried to tell me. All of my loved ones are liars!

That said, I love yellow/gold jerseys. I do wish Iowa would pair those with either black or white pants, or barring that surprise everyone with a gold helmet.

13 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I actually miss the gold triangles on the "northwest" corner of the uniforms. I thought that was something unique to UW and could have stayed. 

That was put there because they were trying to claim they owned the NW territory except they've lost 13 of their last 15 games to the Ducks so that's laughable! 

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

The use of black is a MAJOR source of debate among Husker fans. Many are firmly in the Red-and-White Only camp, and it's hard to blame them given the classic look. Sure, there are some minor tweaks that might help, but overall, a simple stripe with two colors looks fantastic. 

Then there's the other side, which says that Black, while not an official school color, is definitely tied to at least the Huskers' starting defense. It's a big deal when a player earns their Blackshirt, and yes, they actually DO get a black practice jersey. Think of it as Ohio State's helmet stickers, only you can earn just a single one for all your achievements as a defender.

The rub with that second argument is that Black is a DEFENSIVE thing, and not a tradition associated with offense (or Spec. Teams). So it doesn't make sense for a WR to be wearing a black shirt since he's never gonna be a Blackshirt. 

Anyway, from an aesthetic point of view, I'd welcome a black alternate.

I agree -- I like the black-shirt idea as a once-a-year thing. They've missed on nearly every alternate they've put out in recent years. I wanted to like this one but it had too much going on. 

new-2013-nebraska-black-football-uniform

Less is more for Nebraska. If they keep the simple and clean design of the home set, I think it works. 

mbVEdBo.png

And for the purists who would want to keep the helmet untouched:

LBZvPl6.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived