College Football 2019

29texan

Arkansas saw one of the bigger uniform upgrades when they updated templates last year. Minus the white helmet, and maybe the pants stripe, I really like this look for Arkansas. The new design is great, too. Performance aside, the previous look doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

HOGS_vs_EIU_BG_032_r600x400.jpg?689b0323

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BVZ said:

Really hoping these are the standard uniforms for the Hogs and not just an alternate. Weird they wouldn’t include a white version in the reveal if these were a new, permanent set. With that being said, these are fantastic. The Hog on the sleeves is the best part, and it’s what the fan base wanted. They don’t play OU, so not sure why it matters if they look similar.

They're alternate uniforms, but the game or games they'll be worn haven't been announced yet. The team's primary home and road look will remain.

Maybe the Iconic Jaws of Husky Stadium can become the Iconic Tusks of Fayetteville.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

A lot of Arkansas fans will be happy with the change. I personally preferred their look last season, but considering what a disaster last season was and that look was only slightly different from the disappointing Bielema era, it makes sense they'd change. And if you have to go back to a time where the fanbase can actually have a modicum of pride in their team, then they may as well go with this look over the Petrino look.

3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

They're alternate uniforms, but the game or games they'll be worn haven't been announced yet. The team's primary home and road look will remain.

I’m seeing it from some of our media that they are contracted to wear last years uniforms for one more season and came up with this alternate to start the change process. While it’s an alternate by name they’ll wear this uniform predominantly at home and the old version on the road and then get a new white set next year to match. No clue if that is accurate or not but sounds plausible. 

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Not a fan, personally. Fair or not, Arkansas will always look like bootleg Oklahoma in those uniforms. They were so close to perfection with these:

fLmSZne.jpg

All they needed to do was change the razorback stripes on the shoulders from silver to black. Every actual change since then has been a downgrade.

FWIW, the fan base hated these. A good concept that didn’t work as well in practice because they looked like lightning bolts.

As @Clintau24 said, the Hogs set last year was a really solid look, and it’ll still be in the rotation for at least another season. But, this is what the fan base has been calling for.

From our neutral perspective on the boards, we want each team to look unique and own their “look” as it would be if we were the ones creating the concepts in our own perfect world. But that’s not always what works best for the team. This is Arkansas’ best look. In regards to looking like a bootleg OU, they don’t play OU. You don’t change your whole identity based on another team that you rarely play. That’s why the Brewers should go back to Blue and Yellow, but even if they do that shouldn’t prevent the Mariners from doing the same. The same goes for the Rockets and the Hawks. Hell, Nebraska and Wisconsin looked nearly identical for years. But those were the best looks for each team individually. A non-rival shouldn’t dictate what you do as a program aesthetically.

Expect Arkansas to add a white version and go with these full-time in 2020. 

1 hour ago, razorback447 said:

I’m seeing it from some of our media that they are contracted to wear last years uniforms for one more season and came up with this alternate to start the change process. While it’s an alternate by name they’ll wear this uniform predominantly at home and the old version on the road and then get a new white set next year to match. No clue if that is accurate or not but sounds plausible. 

That's really odd. I remember Arkansas State did something like that once where we had new home uniforms and old road uniforms back around 2006 or so. But we were also poorer and a Russell school at the time. I still say they should have just stuck with last year's set. It's not the uniform's fault they were so terrible.

I love these Arkansas uniforms. But then I remembered that I also love Oklahomas uniforms, and that made me realize that Arkansas is exactly the same as OU, minus the sleeve logos.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, chrome14 said:

Arkansas should just go back to the darker shade of the 60s.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

But instead of comparisons to Oklahoma, people will complain that it's too close to Alabama.

Replace the hog with numbers and it's literally 1000% the exact same uniform. 

1 hour ago, FSUViking said:

Replace the hog with numbers and it's literally 1000% the exact same uniform. 

yeah they are pretty screwed into playing a distant third fiddle if they insist on being a dark red and white team and keeping a traditional look...that is a crowded space.

9 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Not a fan, personally. Fair or not, Arkansas will always look like bootleg Oklahoma in those uniforms. They were so close to perfection with these:

fLmSZne.jpg

All they needed to do was change the razorback stripes on the shoulders from silver to black. Every actual change since then has been a downgrade.

Some would argue Oklahoma got their uniforms from us through one of our assistant coaches that left Arkansas to go to Oklahoma in the late 50’s. Could be a made up tale that’s changed over the years but I remember hearing it back when I was a kid and still hear it today.  We basically wore a variation of this new uniform from the late 50’s until 1993 so it could be true but so many schools have worn this look over that timeframe that it may just be a complete coincidence.  

Oklahoma clearly owns owns the look now but it may have been a Wisconsin/Nebraska relationship instead if someone hadn’t got the bright idea to start jacking with the uniforms in ‘94. 

28 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Some would argue Oklahoma got their uniforms from us through one of our assistant coaches that left Arkansas to go to Oklahoma in the late 50’s. Could be a made up tale that’s changed over the years but I remember hearing it back when I was a kid and still hear it today.  We basically wore a variation of this new uniform from the late 50’s until 1993 so it could be true but so many schools have worn this look over that timeframe that it may just be a complete coincidence.  

Oklahoma clearly owns owns the look now but it may have been a Wisconsin/Nebraska relationship instead if someone hadn’t got the bright idea to start jacking with the uniforms in ‘94. 

The look has a lot to do the the school name on the front which has been common in this part of the country. OU, Texas, Oklahoma St, A&M, Tech Tech, SMU, etc., all wear or used to wear the name on the front for a long time. It has been a Southwest Conference + state of Oklahoma thing for a while. Add in that OU and Arkansas are basically the same colors, and you get a similar look. 

4 hours ago, QbDuck said:

So is oregon actually getting new uniforms this season? Hearing rumors they will be...?

The only related thing I've seen to that is that a fan has started a petition to get the 1994 uniforms as the permanent home uniforms. Otherwise nothing on the Oregon front. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived