College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my wrestlers spent the summer as an intern for Oregon's Athletic department. I asked him what the new uniforms were going to look like, and he said he heard they were bringing back the Rose Bowl uniforms.. but he's an idiot and doesn't care about this stuff, so just take that for what it's worth

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Mock up of LIU helmets with shark logo.  That blue one is awesome.  Isn't that wordmark just a sticker that can be replaced?  They haven't done a full reveal yet.

Oh c'mon LIU. Why would you not go with that shark? A thousand times better than the initials logo.

That's a damn good shark logo!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

God it’s awful. Oregon needs to scrap everything they’ve worn the past 10 years now and go back to This

While a little plain for my liking, their uniforms for this upcoming season are nowhere near bad.  The retros just feel so dated when compared to what they've worn in the past 10-15 years so I don't think I'd ever want to see them revert that far back.

2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

While a little plain for my liking, their uniforms for this upcoming season are nowhere near bad.  The retros just feel so dated when compared to what they've worn in the past 10-15 years so I don't think I'd ever want to see them revert that far back.

Oregon's done all they can do with the "we don't have a consistent identity/colours" shtick. Eventually (sooner rather than later) they're going to have to go retro because there's nowhere else to go.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, Tracy MidGrady said:

UA just isn't cool among youngins, its looked at as a old white guy brand

This is, without question, false.

I have numerous nephews, family members, and their friends who prefer Under Armor shirts and socks over Nike.  They prefer Nike shorts and shoes (mostly due to the NBA player catalog they represent).

2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

This is, without question, false.

I have numerous nephews, family members, and their friends who prefer Under Armor shirts and socks over Nike.  They prefer Nike shorts and shoes (mostly due to the NBA player catalog they represent).

Oh your family members sample, UA isn't cool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2018/04/19/under-armour-still-isnt-cool.aspx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/under-armour-not-cool-teens-survey-says-2017-10

Their clothing & sneakers are far behind Nike & Adidas, even Puma is gaining more traction

6 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Oh your family members sample, UA isn't cool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/investing/2018/04/19/under-armour-still-isnt-cool.aspx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/under-armour-not-cool-teens-survey-says-2017-10

Their clothing & sneakers are far behind Nike & Adidas, even Puma is gaining more traction

Yeah the marketplace has decided that ua is not cool at all and it's reflected in their financials. Their only growth area is international which is misleading because they have a much smaller global footprint compared to their competitors which makes any growth in the area look positive.

11 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Better look at the uniforms.  Seems there's some type of seam on the top of the shoulder area.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0mZjMQFAwm/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I get why Nike would come out with a new template, but I don't get WHY they need to. The VU template, from a design perspective is damn near perfect. minimal seaming, no obnoxious sweat boxes. feels dumb to move away from it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Here’s a few more looks at the full green set:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

In addition to the new template and the changes to the jerseys, the pants also have the ‘O’ logo on the hip removed. I have a feeling they chose to remove the hip logo so that the pants can more easily be mixed and matched with the different jerseys. Even in their bowl game last year when they wore yellow/green/yellow they removed the black ‘O’ from the yellow pants so it didn’t clash with the green jerseys.

The template is a definite downgrade from the Vapor Untouchable, but I’d consider the overall uniform design to be a slight upgrade from last year. I do wish the swoosh and the ‘O’ were flipped, but I like the decreased number side, the removal of the contrast-colored nameplates (though I actually grew to like that feature last season), and the ‘O’ in place of the military style name badge. The shiny green stripe on the top of the shoulders and in the middle of the sleeve caps is an interesting feature, but it doesn’t really add much to the overall look. I’ll be curious to see if that stripe is a contrasting color on any of the jerseys. And I’m really hoping the white jersey (or at least white jersey has apple green accents instead of black). Still, I think this is a pretty good look overall and should look especially good if they mix and match with it a bit more.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As a Ducks fan, my ideal wardrobe with this set would be: 

Apple green w/ yellow numbers/accents as seen yesterday and today. 

Yellow w/ black like last year

White w/ green numbers to better mix & match pants on the road

Black w/ yellow numbers (ideally for only 1-2 night games)

Throwback to 1994 uniforms for one game because they're just too sweet to not use yearly. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

17 hours ago, WavePunter said:

One of my wrestlers spent the summer as an intern for Oregon's Athletic department. I asked him what the new uniforms were going to look like, and he said he heard they were bringing back the Rose Bowl uniforms.. but he's an idiot and doesn't care about this stuff, so just take that for what it's worth

Any idea which Rose Bowl he was mentioning? 

2015 we wore all apple green and green helmet & yellow O logo

2012 we wore forest green jerseys with the brand new chrome wing helmets (pictured below)

2010 we wore forest green jerseys with white helmet & forest green O logo

spacer.png

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Archived