College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, See Red said:

I pretty much agree with your entire post. Just wanted to say Florida needs to go back to the standard block numbers and never do all orange.

Oh and thank you. I was going to make one for all of the P5 conferences but just this one was quite the undertaking. 

Completely agree. If I had my druthers, these would be the Gators' primary combinations with the three jerseys:

Orange jersey - white pants

Blue jersey - orange pants -- white pants when wearing a white helmet

White jersey - orange pants -- same rules with white helmet

A white helmet with the orange jersey is inconsequential.

I dunno, maybe I just don't like the blue pants very much. Probably because, you know, all-blue isn't a good look and because the blue pants don't go with the orange helmet on the away set (this is the same reason I prefer orange pants to white pants with the blue set, but I realize tradition is going to be too much to overcome on that front). And while I like two colors with the blue set, I'm not really feeling an orange jersey/blue pants combo. I tend to like my home jerseys with the darker color on top and the lighter color on the bottom. So orange pants work underneath a blue jersey, but not the other way around. The orange set is the most "restricted" in that way, but it works just fine that I see no problem with it that way.

--

And, might as well ask while I'm here and apologies if it's been asked and answered before, but why are NFL-style socks not used at the college level? One thing I've never liked watching college games is the bare lower legs that you never see in the NFL. Sock colors are an important part of uniform design and color balance with NFL uniforms and I don't like seeing that so conspicuously absent on college sets. You see a few players here or there - might even be a school that does wear such socks that I just can't think of right now - but it's definitely not an NCAA-wide thing.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ryebread19 said:

I saw that the ravens are practicing in this new template... or at least something with that collar

On the white jerseys

I think there's a mix of that new template and the Elite 51's. I don't know why Baltimore hasn't moved to a newer template. They don't have any striping issues to deal with. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• mania pinned and unpinned this topic

According to Taylor Lehman of 11 Warriors Ohio State is wearing blackout uniforms for their homecoming game against Michigan State. I'm a little disappointed I enjoyed a new alternate every year and I feel a blackout is a little generic. 

Northwestern Wildcats To Bring Back Gothic-Style Football Uniforms

August 3, 2019 - 22:15 PM

The Action Network’s Darren Rovell returned to his alma mater on Friday afternoon and (accidentally) revealed that Northwestern will wear new Gothic-themed uniforms this season. The Wildcats first wore all-black uniforms with purple and gold accents — a nod to […]

Read More...

On 8/1/2019 at 12:47 PM, Green27 said:

Any idea which Rose Bowl he was mentioning? 

2015 we wore all apple green and green helmet & yellow O logo

2012 we wore forest green jerseys with the brand new chrome wing helmets (pictured below)

2010 we wore forest green jerseys with white helmet & forest green O logo

spacer.png

I'm guessing he meant 2015, which would kinda be supported with the color scheme that was released, so that might be the extent of the similarities..

Here’s a mockup of the Ducks’ new green set:

spacer.png

And also a mockup of what the new yellow set will likely look like:

spacer.png

I’m gonna work on mocking up some different white and black uniform options, as well as mocking up some combos I could see them going with.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, nuordr said:

That new Bowling Green uniform looks like a Boise State knockoff: 

That's what happens when you make a design available through and promote it on the front of the Nike catalog. It's appropriately called the "slant stripe."

Football_Feature_1_SU19.jpg

That said, I wish the teams would keep the matching pants stripe rather than putting the team nickname.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

That's what happens when you make a design available through and promote it on the front of the Nike catalog. It's appropriately called the "slant stripe."

Football_Feature_1_SU19.jpg

That said, I wish the teams would keep the matching pants stripe rather than putting the team nickname.

I'm not one for catalog designs but I wish we actually got those pants rather than keep the wordmark'd pants. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

nevermind the garish and tasteless application of a white stroke around a yellow number, but by closing in the negative spaces, the numerals lose their form. i cant see these even being allowed in the field. 

This is by far the worst part of that uniform. 8's, 6's, 9's, and 0's become basically amorphous blobs on the uniforms because there are no "holes" in the numbers. Whoever thought of that should be tarred and feathered.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 8/2/2019 at 4:17 PM, TenaciousG said:

Eddie_murphy_thinking.jpg

That gif isn’t Eddie Murphy, it’s Kayode Ewumi.

On topic: Those numbers suuuuuck

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived