College Football 2019

29texan

56 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

So these aren’t bad, but the minimal use of blue and orange is disappointing. I get it’s a black out and not a “Blue, Orange and Black out” but these are fairly meh.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boise State Unveils New Black Football Uniform

August 5, 2019 - 19:04 PM

The Boise State football program unveiled brand new black uniforms on Monday morning that will be worn in conjunction with a stadium-wide blackout against Air Force on Sept. 20. The Broncos have worn all-black uniforms five times dating back to […]

Read More...

Could use a little more orange, too. Wouldn't be difficult to make the wordmark and names on back orange and/or use orange and white sleeve stripes rather than reflective gray. It's also hard to tell from the photos, but I hope the Bronco on the helmet has an orange eye (like their Twitter profile photo and the logo at the base of the collar). 

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If there's something in college football more dull and played out than the all-black uniform, I don't know what it could be. Yawn inducing.

Just be glad we are out of the anthracite era and ALMOST out of the neon phase (looking at you michigan state with those horrid ugly neon jerseys) 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

32 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Could use a little more orange, too. Wouldn't be difficult to make the wordmark and names on back orange and/or use orange and white sleeve stripes rather than reflective gray. It's also hard to tell from the photos, but I hope the Bronco on the helmet has an orange eye (like their Twitter profile photo and the logo at the base of the collar). 

The helmet has an orange eye, it was just tough to get that to show in the pictures.

spacer.png

Here’s a couple mockups of what the Ducks’ new white set could look like:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The first one follows the same color scheme as last year’s white set, while the second version has the more traditional apple green accents. I’m really hoping the second version is closer to the real thing, as the apple green is so much better than the black.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:07 AM, BVZ said:

Great work and visual here on the state of the uniforms in the SEC:

A&M - loved seeing Jimbo simplify the combos in year 1, and the throwback was great.

Miss. St. - The Bulldogs made the striping consistent, but couldn’t settle on a “look”. Do less.

Ole Miss - Replacing the egg blue helmets with a generic white lid was one of the biggest downgrades in all of college football last season, IMO. They only wore their primary road uniform once, and the navy home tops once.

Arkansas - A good set for a not so good team. Looking forward to the McFadden era threads this fall.

Georgia - The Dawgs always look sharp. Hoping to see the Black top for a night game between the hedges this season. Wish list going forward: Red britches for a couple of road games a year.

Kentucky - Their primary looks are solid with either a blue or white lid. They lose me when they start wearing anthracite and chrome.

Florida - Some of my favorite uniforms in the NCAA. They’re not perfect, but damn does it work. The throwbacks will be another good look this season. As long as they stay away from wearing gator skin they’ll look incredible regardless of what combo they wear.

South Carolina - I’m not a fan of the matte black domes, but other than that the Gamecocks have a really sleek look.

Mizzou - Good uniforms, poor use of combos. They insist on looking like Darth Vader or his stormtroopers every week. Wear gold pants with black lids 80% of the time and you’re golden.

Vanderbilt - The numbers were too thin and the gold too khaki. But overall not a bad design with the anchor helmets.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee - Fantastic.

What happened to Ole Miss wearing blue pants and they had a road jersey with blue numbers and stripes?

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If there's something in college football more dull and played out than the all-black uniform, I don't know what it could be. Yawn inducing.

3 hours ago, dannykraft said:

the white out uniform

And better yet, when teams decide to do all-white vs. all-black. Absolutely boring, but college football players and/or coaches seem to think it's the greatest thing ever. Of course, the worst is when a team goes all-black and the road team wears their "special" black helmets and black pants to create the worst uniform matchup possible.

9 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Is... is that white stripe on the side of the pants? Just when I thought they couldn’t get worse...

The stripe could be lettering that spells #SPARTY (hashtag included). 

Pretty sure it could always get worse. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Could they not have gone a tad smaller to get STATE within the general guidelines not to cut off any letters? Like they had to be SO BIG that they went to the uniforms limits? Sad crap

and Boise. Is that really black on black BOISE STATE above the numbers? What a waste of time and energy. 

Black on black is is one thing. This has matte black. Plus it has chrome face masks. This is 5-6 years in the making and it’s blending it all together to make it all up. Nike, you disgust me. Boise, you’re late to the party.  But they don’t care. Blend it all into one. 

Archived